• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!
Waiting anxiously for this update, it's pretty much my only shot at the grails on my wants list, LOL.

I agree . . . not for grails, but I want to offer options, since I have no way of knowing exactly what another user thinks is a good trade. So, I like to give a selection!

Is there a 'remember me' feature planned for log-in? It's frustrating to be kicked out of your account once a day, if not more, and then to get an alert about searches being limited to signed up users lol.

Also happy to see AP/PP moved to the front of pins as well!

You know . . . I don't know on the remember me. My Edge remembers the password, so it is simple when I log in each morning, but I hadn't thought about it not actually remembering. I'll ask about that!

I agree about the AP/PP . . . I've added plenty of those when I meant to add the normal type!

Thank you @stratasfan for the report.

I did attend, in and out a couple of times. I was running errands.

The 45 minutes or so I did see if the Live was Definitely Informative.

How does one watch the recorded version of the Live Zoom Meetings?

Definitely encourage other members here to attend. And spread the word and invite other collectors.

I am.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Hi Connie! You can go to our YouTube channel! All of the videos are posted there for everyone! https://www.youtube.com/@pinpicsvideos

Is there a 'remember me' feature planned for log-in? It's frustrating to be kicked out of your account once a day, if not more, and then to get an alert about searches being limited to signed up users lol.

Also happy to see AP/PP moved to the front of pins as well!
Hi there! So the timer is set at 8 hours. We have this in place for security purposes. If you got an alert about searches being limited you must not have been signed in. This is also in place
for security purposes. We are working to move the AP/PP/Prototype info in the title - moved to the front so you can see it before adding the pin to your Collection (Owns, Wants, Trades). Most
websites - for security purposes - want you to sign in about every 8 hours and some less (ebay). We have this in place as we add more security to the site as we look to add the Buy/Sell component. It might
be a little irritating - and we hear you - but we want to keep everything secure. We are all seeing 2 Factor security everywhere.....and we are not looking to add that. We want to protect everyone on the site and that is the rhyme to the reason. Molly

Come and Join Molly and Holland Hayes for our weekly Live Zoom on PinPics!! We get started at 7 pm EST! We answer your questions Live! Bring a Friend and you will get a surprise - both you and any number of friends you invite! Must be present at the end of the Zoom -it only last an hour and goes so fast!!! We will go beyond the hour if anyone has more questions.....but to get the bonus you only need to be there until 8 pm EST!
Here is the Link to Register - Welcome! You are invited to join a meeting: My Meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.

Come and Join Molly and Holland Hayes for our weekly Live Zoom on PinPics!! We get started at 7 pm EST! We answer your questions Live! Bring a Friend and you will get a surprise - both you and any number of friends you invite! Must be present at the end of the Zoom -it only last an hour and goes so fast!!! We will go beyond the hour if anyone has more questions.....but to get the bonus you only need to be there until 8 pm EST!
Here is the Link to Register - Welcome! You are invited to join a meeting: My Meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.
Sis and I can't wait! we've been counting the days down since the weekend. These meetings are really great!

I'm gonna try to attend tonight! We don't gotta show our faces do we haha?

No, not if you don't want to! Of course, it is very informal. :) I actually had to do the first several meetings via earphones and typing in the chat only, as we only have one laptop that has a video camera. I could see the meeting, and I just typed all my questions/comments in the live chat on the side. Molly is super good at reading them and addressing them during the meeting at the perfect interval!

OK . . . OK . . . Due to Tina's puzzle challenge today . . . I may not be able to post an update after this meeting . . . Unless I can find this Tink pin! (Just kidding . . .but not really!)

We will be there tonight, even if I do look lost in thought . . . I'll be thinking of Tink . . . Who I used to really love!

Fun meeting tonight! Molly went over the basics of pin adding and the details of easily taking and cropping pictures of pins for the listings. Also, went over all the places that we (as users of PinPics) can help out and really make a difference!

If you see a pin listing with a less-than-nice picture and have the pin . . . it would be really swell if you could take a nice picture of the pin on white (and she explained what is needed and how to easily do it - Holland says the entire process can be done easily on a mobile, too!) and submit it to replace the old picture.

Also, if a pin has a hinge, and you can take a picture of the inside, send the picture to info@pinpics.com and they can add it, so that the pin page will show the front and inside! (Finally! I know I would love to see this on hinged pins!)

If a pin lacks some basic/vital/good info in the title . . . just use the "comment" tab inside the pin's page and tell them (nicely, just be chatty as you are talking to Molly and Joe and you don't have to worry that your words are going to be published as they stand for the world to see!) what info could/needs to be added to make it better for using and searching.

If you go on a pin page and the description is less than good . . . same thing as above!

They have people getting new pins and adding them from WDW, DLR, Shanghai, HKDL and I think Tokyo. But, all those pins missed during the poor years of PP or poor pictures form the old days before digital pictures and sites were as good . . . that's where users like you and me can help! So, anything you see that could be better on those pin pages . . . send in comments, or submit new photos, or add more/better description!

Inactive accounts (accounts where the people have not come on for (I think it is) 6 months or more, will be set to "Inactive" around August 1st. The accounts will not be lost, and the pin collection lists won't be lost, they will just not show up in the pin trade/want ratios or the trade assist! This should really help those of us active with the Trade Assist so that it will only be active users who will be listed and who you can send requests to! If your account has been marked as "Inactive" and then you return . . . simply send a note to info@pinpics.com or molly@pinpics.com and they will reactivate your account!

Molly has uploaded more How-To videos to the PinPics YouTube channel, so take a look! I'm also trying to do How-To guides on the PP Forum and if there is a forum feature or function you'd like a guide for . . . post here and let me know!

Holland had some super fun trivia that really makes you want to go brush up on the first few hundred pins listed on PP! :) Also, encourage him to write a book about pins and his life with them and his experiences! (OK . . . Sis and I put that in! But everyone should!)

As always, it was a very fun evening, and I can't encourage you all to give it a try! There were several of us from DPF there tonight and it is just a fun way to make the trading a bit more of a personal thing and interactive!

Speaking of interactive . . . Tina's interactive game . . . I'm back to the old grindstone! Only four more pin IDs to go! :)

Can you leave references on the new site?

Yes . . . Here is the board:

Put the username of the trader your traded with in the title and then leave the reference comment.

There is also a way to rate with stars as well . . . but I haven't done it yet and will go look to see where that is!

Hey there! So there is an icon that looks like a File Box to the right of your conversation link when you are looking at PinPics Chat drop-down from your Dashboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you leave references on the new site?
Yes you can! Go to the PinTalk Forum - and there is a topic to leave a trade reference. You can also rate your trade once finished - 1 - 5 stars. The Topic for Rating your Trade is also searchable.

We will have our Live Zoom tonight to update you all on PinPics! Hope to see you all - register below!

Molly

We will have our Live Zoom tonight to update you all on PinPics! Hope to see you all - register below!

Molly
We'll be there! And hopefully lots more will come. These meetings are great, and it's a fun opportunity to make pins personal again.

Molly
@MollyAnne
All signed up and ready to go!! Was a blast last week. Looking forward to more info about the new PinPics and more Pin History from Holland. :tigger:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back