• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Update 1/31 ~ Dumbo PODM Game - 12 Spots Reserved and Making This Game a Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
27 please!

I'll take 25 pretty please :)

Spots Reserved for you guys! :)

Thanks so much everyone!! We only need to hear back from 3 more members now :hsd: I appreciate everyone's help in making this game happen and I hope that I've kept things as simple as possible for everyone! :)

I also included my paypal address now underneath the revised entries list in case anyone is ready to pay. Again, no worries if you need time or would like to just wait until I send out payment info PMs, but thought I'd put that option out there for anyone wanting to just take care of it now. :)

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday! :wavey:

You have really gone to a lot of trouble to make sure this game goes. I would have just guaranteed that the PODM was won and kept the three pins that ended up in the blank spaces. That way you would not have to wait and everyone would have a shot at the original pins you offered. What if someone was really wanting something you took off the table. They may back out now. If the randomizer would have chosen one of the "unselected" spots for the PODM you simply go a second time to get a different spot for that one pin and swap it with the pin that was there. That is how we do ours but what ever works best for you. I would just be afraid that someone would really be hoping for something that you removed and I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone. Just a thought...

Regardless, Good luck everyone! This is a GREAT PODM and I would love to trade for it no matter who wins... LOL! (wish I could have afforded to do this one!)

I'll take #28

Thanks! Reserved it for you :)

You have really gone to a lot of trouble to make sure this game goes. I would have just guaranteed that the PODM was won and kept the three pins that ended up in the blank spaces. That way you would not have to wait and everyone would have a shot at the original pins you offered. What if someone was really wanting something you took off the table. They may back out now. If the randomizer would have chosen one of the "unselected" spots for the PODM you simply go a second time to get a different spot for that one pin and swap it with the pin that was there. That is how we do ours but what ever works best for you. I would just be afraid that someone would really be hoping for something that you removed and I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone. Just a thought...

Regardless, Good luck everyone! This is a GREAT PODM and I would love to trade for it no matter who wins... LOL! (wish I could have afforded to do this one!)

Thank you for your thoughts, much appreciated especially with how many games you run :)

I guess the way I look at it, I wanted to people to know exactly what they had a chance in receiving and give them the best chance at receiving the very pins shown. I PMed each member before the new group shot was posted (and notified the member whose PM box was full), and made the group keeping in mind what the other members had already expressed interest and excitement over (i.e. the attraction posters, the aurora pin, and the fastpass pins).

I do not view the lists prior to shipping as I do not like to know which pins have been taken by whom since it just seems fairer that way. As it stood (useless spoiler alert =P) upon looking at the list after deciding I would need to revise the game, the Dumbo PODM pin had not been chosen with the original list by our participants. This would have meant I would have to re-randomize it until it was taken by one of the participants. To me, that would include me more in the random process of the game than I would like to be. So I did what I felt was fairest for everyone, re-randomized the list, sent it to the moderators again, PMed them, and then posted the numbers for everyone to confirm their spots while I again did not view the list and do not know where anything is going at this point.

I'm sorry if I over-complicated things- as I said in my original post, I'm still quite new at running games. I just did what was in the best interest for everyone, and of course, anyone who wanted/wants to drop out had/has that chance if they decided the pins I took out did/do not make it worth it anymore.

I have seen games on other forums like these go to the wayside due to people scamming others, so perhaps that's why I'm a little bit more on guard to make sure my pin games are equal and fun for all the participants. But again, sorry if anyone involved feels there was a better way to do it. I will keep it in mind for next time :)

Just waiting to hear confirmation for the last three spots, and will then PM payment information. Thanks so much everyone!

Confirmation has been received and payment info has been sent - thank you everyone and as always feel free to pm or post any questions if you have any! And if I missed anyone or if you didn't receive a pm, let me know :)

Understood Story. If you took the time to PM everyone and found out what each was less interested in then that would be best I guess. I am glad you were able to make this game a go. I was actually hoping it would go on and by some miracle my Grail pin would go so I could bid on your game as I REALLY wanted this scene. I am glad someone will get it though. I really wasn't trying to tell you what to do I just saw where there could be disappointment and wanted to help. I think you run GREAT games and would play if I could. I may run a game somewhat like yours in the future. I am unsure of exactly how I will run the next one. Just trying to stock up on good pins to offer right now. Good Luck in all your future games and good Luck to all the participants of this one. Be sure to post what you receive so I can see... LOL. I just can not help myself... LOL.

Understood Story. If you took the time to PM everyone and found out what each was less interested in then that would be best I guess. I am glad you were able to make this game a go. I was actually hoping it would go on and by some miracle my Grail pin would go so I could bid on your game as I REALLY wanted this scene. I am glad someone will get it though. I really wasn't trying to tell you what to do I just saw where there could be disappointment and wanted to help. I think you run GREAT games and would play if I could. I may run a game somewhat like yours in the future. I am unsure of exactly how I will run the next one. Just trying to stock up on good pins to offer right now. Good Luck in all your future games and good Luck to all the participants of this one. Be sure to post what you receive so I can see... LOL. I just can not help myself... LOL.

No worries! I really did take it as your helping and thank you so much! Seriously any and all suggestions are much appreciated, especially from veteran game hosts like yourself! :) This game has had me already thinking of ways to better facilitate my next one- like I might get an 'interest' sign up list first, determine how many pins I should include from that list, and then allow everyone to pick numbers. That way the game can be flexible based on how many are wanting/able to play :)

Thank you so much and I'm sorry you couldn't be in this one! =( I really hope you'll get a chance at a scene like this one soon! I *might* run another PODM game as my mom has another baby mine scene available, but I'm not sure if everyone is up to one right now with all the dsf releases (plus I like to keep it at one game at a time ^.^) But I may just do another pin instead and maybe will try to work around to make it a lesser entry fee. It would either require more people or less sought after consolation pins.... but that's for another game so I'll work that out later. Better stop rambling and wrap this one up first :D

Thank you again and everyone else so much! :hug:

Sorry I was away from DPF most of yesterday to not update this thread :doh: I think I have all the payments updated to this point :) shipping will probably be mid next week but will definitely get working on making sure everything is a go to send as soon as possible! :hsd:

Thanks again everyone for participating and hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!! :hug:

Hello everyone! :wavey: Just to update: I believe we will be set to ship off on Thursday or Friday as it sounds like everyone will be paid by then. Hope that works for everyone!!

I thought I would ask just to see everyone's preference - would you like to know who won after all payments are in, or would you like it to be a surprise until packages are received? Let me know what you guys prefer =)

I am open open open either way :)

Me too... Whatever everyone else wants is fine with me :)

Thanks guys! If anyone would like to know, I can reveal the spots once the last payment comes in, but if not I will just keep it a surprise like last time ;D

Going to get everything packed up. I hope to have them out by tomorrow but for sure on Friday as the last payment I believe will be in today if everything is still as planned for the member. I have bee feeling really sick this week (let's just say it's something us girls deal with without giving "tmi" :lol:) but I should still be able to get everything out on Friday :hsd:

Thanks again everyone and hope you guys all will enjoy! :hug: Will update with DCs asap!

All payments Recieved, packages packed and just have to be labeled. So we are all set for shipping out tomorrow! :hsd:

Thanks so much everyone - it's been wonderful to host another game and get to know yet again such an awesome group of members!! :hug: I hope to get the chance to host another game soon!

Last edited:
Packages have all been mailed this afternoon, DC numbers have been PMed, and positive feedback has been left for everyone. If I missed someone accidentally in sending the dc, let me know; and if I did not leave feedback for one of you by mistake, please let me know as well as you all deserve feedback for being such awesome participants! :hug:

Thanks so much again everyone and I hope everybody will enjoy! :wavey:

Hiiiiiiii Kayla :wiggle:

I got my package and here are the 3 great pins that I got!!!

Pin 45384: DisneyShopping.com - Disneyland Framed Map and Pin Set (Briar Rose)
Pin 18728: UK Disney Store - Jeweled Heart (Ariel)
Pin 79481: DLR - Haunted Mansion Fastpass (Surprise Release)...to be totally honest this is the one I wanted the most :hsd:

You are awesome....thanks for the great game!

Jodi

I've been busy, but wow! I can't believe I got the Dumbo PODM! I usually have such bad luck. Thank you so much and I can't wait to play the next game! As always, you are the best :)

Thank you Kayla! And I hope you're feeling better :)

Just seeing that I didn't reply to this! :doh: Thank you! Feeling good now and just trying to avoid the cold going around in my family :eek: :lol:

Hiiiiiiii Kayla :wiggle:

I got my package and here are the 3 great pins that I got!!!

Pin 45384: DisneyShopping.com - Disneyland Framed Map and Pin Set (Briar Rose)
Pin 18728: UK Disney Store - Jeweled Heart (Ariel)
Pin 79481: DLR - Haunted Mansion Fastpass (Surprise Release)...to be totally honest this is the one I wanted the most :hsd:

You are awesome....thanks for the great game!

Jodi

Oh my goodness...I forgot to mention the 2 adorable pins that you zapped me!! They are so darn cute that I put them on my backpack and they now go everywhere with me :)

Yay Jodi! So glad you got the pins well and Thanks so much for posting! I'm so happy you liked the zaps! :D

I've been busy, but wow! I can't believe I got the Dumbo PODM! I usually have such bad luck. Thank you so much and I can't wait to play the next game! As always, you are the best :)

Yay! Congratulations Amy, and so glad you enjoyed it!! :hsd:

Thanks guys- you guys make it so fun to host a game! :) I've been trying to think of the next one to do, and I'm torn between another Dumbo PODM or [pinpics]39931[/pinpics] - both are my mom's pins so I'll have to double check with her ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back