• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Completed Game: 12(ish) Days of Holiday Giveaways

This may be postponed for a few days as I am headed with baby to Urgent Care as she has a high fever and dehydration.
It just means it will be two a days giveaways to catch back up if I need to postpone for her health.

Oh, so sorry to hear that! Will definitely say a prayer for you and the little one.

Sis and I totally meant to come back to this thread last night and enter, but we got into working on one of our Secret Santa packages and it was way late before we realized that time had flown. Oops!
But I'm going to add some fun traditions we've done over the years, just for the fun of reminiscing.

1.) When we were young, we had an Advent Log with candles and did that each evening. Loved it!
2.) Before we had indoor cats (so, until we were about eighteen) we would go out to a local farm and cut a tree. We'd bring it home, and Pop set it up in the stand. Then, we spent the evening decorating it -- and we always bought a very celebratory box of Whitman's chocolates (those maple centers were always my favorite) to open while we were hanging ornaments.

Take all the time you need! Her health and your mental health are more important than giveaway games!

Just playing for fun - my favorite traditions were/are:

- going to the cut-your-own tree lot. We'd all split up (I have five siblings so we would cover a lot of ground!) and find our favorite tree, then come find my dad to show him. He would make the final pick and it was very special if your tree was picked that year! The tree was loaded inside of our 12-passenger van and we would get to ride home sitting on the floor of the van under the tree.

- Advent calendar. We didn't have a lot of sweets growing up so our Advent calendar had tiny figurines that made a little Nativity scene. The order of pieces would be mixed up every year (except for Jesus, who would always be in the last box), and we would take turns each day opening the box and setting the figurine in the scene. Every year I would hope to open the donkey, my favorite from the set.

- for dessert at Christmas Eve dinner we would have a birthday cake for Jesus. I still have a little Baby Jesus Birthday cake on Christmas Eve even if we celebrate family Christmas on a day other than the 25th.

This may be postponed for a few days as I am headed with baby to Urgent Care as she has a high fever and dehydration.
It just means it will be two a days giveaways to catch back up if I need to postpone for her health.
Poor little thing! I hope she feels better soon!

Winner of Giveaway 1 is @pretty_Omi

UhvMtIE.png

GIVEAWAY 2 will be posted tomorrow on this thread.
Whoa!
So sorry to hear little one isn't doing well, wish her a speedy recovery!

- Advent calendar. We didn't have a lot of sweets growing up so our Advent calendar had tiny figurines that made a little Nativity scene. The order of pieces would be mixed up every year (except for Jesus, who would always be in the last box), and we would take turns each day opening the box and setting the figurine in the scene. Every year I would hope to open the donkey, my favorite from the set.

- for dessert at Christmas Eve dinner we would have a birthday cake for Jesus. I still have a little Baby Jesus Birthday cake on Christmas Eve even if we celebrate family Christmas on a day other than the 25th.
That's cool! We had a Fontanini Nativity, and Sis and I waited for December so that it would come out -- Mary was my favorite figurine.

And we have a Happy Birthday, Jesus, banner! Never made a cake, but that's so cool! Hobby Lobby always gets some fun stuff for that.

Giveaways 2-4 have been posted and your enter all or as many as you like.

The baby is okay. We were at urgent care until about one that night. She got an IV and fluids plus some strong medicine to break her high fever. Luckily, she didn't need to go to the pediatric hospital. She was pretty sick yesterday and spent all day either sleeping or wanting to be cuddled. Today at dinner, she finally turned a bit of a corner and is on the mend. She is 12 hours fever free and finally ate a good meal. Thank you for all the kind wishes.

So glad to hear that the Baby is doing better! Will continue to pray for her and you.
Thanks for the fun games today! These are some fun questions . . .

Giveaway #2: This is my very favorite of the Christmas pins that I already own (it's cuter in real life than it is in photos, even):
23644_big.jpg

Giveaway #3: Right now, I am SO, SO loving this pin and really, really hope to be able to get one. Definitely one of my top two "wants" right now!
64208_big.jpg

Giveaway #4: And here's my score for the snow quiz . . . some of those were hard!!!
20211203082133-86d9bd7e-me.jpg

Giveaway #2 ----

Oh, favorite Winter pin . . . probably this one . . .

disney-pin-124972-2.jpg

Not really because of the design or anything, but I so love the dress Elsa is wearing and this is the only pin showing her in it! Still waiting for one that has Anna in the Winter dress . . . which would win, if there was one since it is my all-time favorite Frozen outfit so far! I also love the Jule Bells that appear on this pin, so that is another cool feature!

Giveaway #3 ---- (That is the CUTEST little hanger all Anna themed! I've not seen that ta all!)

OK, since Winter pins can really include Frozen pins . . . my list may be longer than some! -grin- But the top ones that are winter-y would be these:

The Anna and Elsa Beloved Tales where Anna is in the green dress and they are ice skating:

thumb130_201508241053.jpg

Also, this sheet music pin that shows an illustration of Anna and Elsa and snowflakes . . . I love the illustration style!

RS_R12559836db.png

And I'd have to include the Artland Frozen pins - either Elsa with Bruni (142555) or Anna in front of the castle (143455) or Elsa and Anna hugging (142895).

Back