• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

17" LE Merida Brave doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, Merida is going to be a LE 7000. I guess the Disney Store is trying to feel out what a really good edition size is for the 17" LE dolls, but to me, it really depends completely on the featured character. I have heard that the 17" LE Wedding Rapunzel (LE 8000) may have been too many, but that was because Rapunzel with her short brunette hair does not necessarily appeal to everybody. Cinderella is a big seller, so I wonder if her 17" LE doll will go back up to LE 8000... I am afraid that a LE Pocahontas doll would probably be a LE 5000 at most, given how Disney seems to categorize her as not being so broad in mass appeal as Cinderella or Ariel, for example.

Wow she looks stunning :) there is SO much going on though, I wish we could see more of the dress. But it looks great :) Glad its LE 7000 so most should have a chance to get it.

I do have a question though, IF an extra doll is released that day, would that be online as well, or only in the stores? I wasn't paying attention to the releases in the past when there have been surprises.

Alice and the Queen of Hearts (both LE 500) were actually online exclusives in the USA, released August 22, 2011. I think that Mother Gothel (LE 1500) was available at retail and online.

Were Mother Gothel and the other surprise dolls available online? And how big was Gothel's edition? Trying to feel out for if there is a surprise Elinor.

To put some people's minds at ease, this is direct from DS facebook:
"Introducing our Limited Edition Merida Doll. Available June 22 worldwide, in stores and online. Limited Edition of 7,000.

++++++

North America & Europe (select stores in UK, FR, ES, IT, IE and PT)
US $99.50 | Canada $109.50 | UK £60 | Europe 70€"

So, Merida is a world-wide release on June 22nd, online and in-store. If there is a surprise release 17" LE doll on that day, it should be available at least online, based on how Mother Gothel, Alice, and the Queen of Hearts were released. 17" LE Mother Gothel was actually released the same day as the DVD release of Tangled, which is also when the 17" LE Rapunzel doll was available for pick-up at the stores.

To put some people's minds at ease, this is direct from DS facebook:
"Introducing our Limited Edition Merida Doll. Available June 22 worldwide, in stores and online. Limited Edition of 7,000.

++++++

North America & Europe (select stores in UK, FR, ES, IT, IE and PT)
US $99.50 | Canada $109.50 | UK £60 | Europe 70€"

So, Merida is a world-wide release on June 22nd, online and in-store. If there is a surprise release 17" LE doll on that day, it should be available at least online, based on how Mother Gothel, Alice, and the Queen of Hearts were released. 17" LE Mother Gothel was actually released the same day as the DVD release of Tangled, which is also when the 17" LE Rapunzel doll was available for pick-up at the stores.

Thank you, that's nice to know! I think my friend and I will just try online then. Our local manager told us were are not allowed to pick out dolls anymore because of the Designer Doll fiasco... So for us it really won't matter (unless she feels like being nice, since she knows we're collectors and we usually have hour long chats at the store, lol).

Ooooh I like her! Although she is packing quite the arsenal...LOL. I will be keeping her in the box, so it is a shame you can't see more of the dress...but the bow in her hand is a pretty nice touch (it always bothered me that Wedding Rapunzel had nothing in her hand...they could have given her a bouquet or had her holding a little Pascal in his tux or something...) all of the other Princess dolls thus far have had a little "prop"-

Snow White- Bird and Apple
Belle- Rose
Tiana- Frog
Alice- Teacup
Blonde Rapunzel- Hair brush

But anyways...she is pretty and I hope the movie is good!

Ooooh I like her! Although she is packing quite the arsenal...LOL. I will be keeping her in the box, so it is a shame you can't see more of the dress...but the bow in her hand is a pretty nice touch (it always bothered me that Wedding Rapunzel had nothing in her hand...they could have given her a bouquet or had her holding a little Pascal in his tux or something...) all of the other Princess dolls thus far have had a little "prop"-

Snow White- Bird and Apple
Belle- Rose
Tiana- Frog
Alice- Teacup
Blonde Rapunzel- Hair brush

But anyways...she is pretty and I hope the movie is good!
She looks great, and I like that her expression is serious, and fierce, unlike the 11'' doll. That's quite a massive sword she has in her belt, I'm wondering how she would walk around with it. Also nice that there is more than one arrow - an arrow in her hand, and two in the quiver. Can't wait until I see her in person.

Oh, and I apologize for the confusion about whether there was going to be a pre-order for the doll. I actually went back to the same store on my way home from work, and the same CM insisted that there WAS a pre-order. LOL. Oh, well. At least we can trust the Disney Store facebook page for correct information.

Is it just me, or does she look more "toy" like than the other 17" dalls. Her face and neck seem more Barbie-like? Forgive me as I am new to collecting these. I'm just trying to see what other people's thoughts are. I do lover her expression though! And the dress is gorgeous (which is my favorite part of these dolls!)

Limited Edition Merida 17'' Doll vs Classic Brave Merida 11'' Doll

Collages I've made of images of the upcoming 17'' LE Merida Doll versus the 11'' Classic Brave Merida doll, in approximately the same poses. One compares their full body and accessories, the other their heads and faces. The head shot of Classic Merida I took myself; all the other images are by Disney.

Limited Edition Merida 17'' Doll vs Classic Brave Merida 11'' Doll - Full Views by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition Merida 17'' Doll vs Classic Brave Merida 11'' Doll - Closeups by drj1828, on Flickr

I know I've been waiting for this, but now I have a question! I love all your clothes, come armed to the teeth and all. But I think I like more the face of the classic version. I feel that in the limited edition, the eyes are very small, and too much face.brave-stories-merida.jpg

I have to say, I have to applaud, to Merriennes, with its emphasis on facebook disney store, is that we can finally see the photos of the limited edition.
So I thank her!

Last edited:
I am soooooo excited about this doll, my only problem is that they haven't given us much time to work out savig any money for her, and if there is a suprise doll to go with her too that will be even more difficult to afford. I just wish we had more notice like with the LE Wedding Rapunzel ;o)

So does everyone think we should prepare ourselves for a very limited Elinor doll to go with Merida, or does everyone think it will just be one doll on 22nd ?

I am soooooo excited about this doll, my only problem is that they haven't given us much time to work out savig any money for her, and if there is a suprise doll to go with her too that will be even more difficult to afford. I just wish we had more notice like with the LE Wedding Rapunzel ;o)

So does everyone think we should prepare ourselves for a very limited Elinor doll to go with Merida, or does everyone think it will just be one doll on 22nd ?

From what's been said on here, I think we'd best save for 2 dolls, whether they are released on the same day I don't know, but it'll be helpful to have the money ready for whatever Disney throws at us ;) I better put half of my collection on eBay to afford these possible 2 releases! ;)

I'm getting prepared for two dolls too! Thank God for birthday money :bowdown:

I VERY impressed with her! I'm just not sure if i want her or not lol! I will of course have to see the movie first, just in case i don't like it and end up with a $100 doll of a character i don't like.

Did you ask if it's a Limited Edition Elinor? There is an Elinor doll that is releasing with our next "stage set." But it is the regular Elinor doll with the bear.

I did. I basically told her that my friend and I would be going online to get the Merida LE doll, and that we figured it might be safer to get LE Elinor online (to see if she would say anything), and she told us that she would suggest that would be best because the edition would be small.

I did. I basically told her that my friend and I would be going online to get the Merida LE doll, and that we figured it might be safer to get LE Elinor online (to see if she would say anything), and she told us that she would suggest that would be best because the edition would be small.

Very sneaky! But yay! Thanks for your sleuthing :lol: I guess that will be a late night!

Very sneaky! But yay! Thanks for your sleuthing :lol: I guess that will be a late night!

Lol, no problem! I of course can't guarantee that she wasn't being sneaky herself, so hopefully it pays off. Even then, it's best to play it safe and have the money ready. Even if I'm disappointed, I'd rather be upset that they didn't end up having her than have to see her there and not be able to get her ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back