• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls
I'm having a huge problem with ShopDisney at the moment. I put up a review of an item about a week ago, and to be honest, it was not a flattering review, but it was an honest review. And I explained my point fairly. This is the first time I've ever felt compelled to leave a review on this site, so I felt it was important.

I checked on my review everyday for the past week and noticed that some people did not take kindly to me being constructively critical of the item, and "down-voted" my review. Which I fully expected and was okay with. But what was more interesting was the fact that it had twice as many "up votes". (The "is this review helpful" thing.) So i know that there were other frustrated ppl like myself out there.

Fast forward to day, the review is GONE. I tried searching for it a few ways, but I believe it has been scrubbed. Unbelievable. If that is the case, then someone "reported" the review and ShopDisney actually overstepped the boundaries of free speech and took it down! The internet can't just be a place of one opinion on everything. It has to have all to be fair! Otherwise we're only get part of the story, part of the feeling.

I'm more frustrated by the fact that they took away my free speech, rather than the actual review itself. This is beyond ridiculous.

So then what's to stop Amazon or every other company from scrubbing negative/critical feedback of an item?

Nothing stops them from scrubbing it. Free speech is only that the government cannot police your speech; private companies can (and do).

Nothing stops them from scrubbing it. Free speech is only that the government cannot police your speech; private companies can (and do).
I have to say that would be incredibly deceitful of any company to do that. And they would lose my trust indefinitely. I do believe companies need the trust of their buyers and shareholders. So this is ridiculous to act this way.

What is the point of a review, if they only allow neutral or favorable reviews to be seen? Reviews have no value then. Even worse yet, they could be puffed up lies.

Sorry... I'm not mad at you. I'm just really frustrated with this utter nonsense. And I had to vent. Thank you.

I'm having a huge problem with ShopDisney at the moment. I put up a review of an item about a week ago, and to be honest, it was not a flattering review, but it was an honest review. And I explained my point fairly. This is the first time I've ever felt compelled to leave a review on this site, so I felt it was important.

I checked on my review everyday for the past week and noticed that some people did not take kindly to me being constructively critical of the item, and "down-voted" my review. Which I fully expected and was okay with. But what was more interesting was the fact that it had twice as many "up votes". (The "is this review helpful" thing.) So i know that there were other frustrated ppl like myself out there.

Fast forward to day, the review is GONE. I tried searching for it a few ways, but I believe it has been scrubbed. Unbelievable. If that is the case, then someone "reported" the review and ShopDisney actually overstepped the boundaries of free speech and took it down! The internet can't just be a place of one opinion on everything. It has to have all to be fair! Otherwise we're only get part of the story, part of the feeling.

I'm more frustrated by the fact that they took away my free speech, rather than the actual review itself. This is beyond ridiculous.

So then what's to stop Amazon or every other company from scrubbing negative/critical feedback of an item?

Edit: technically free speech is not protected in a private company, but if all respectful reviews are not allowed, then what is the point of having them?
Good to know...and interesting. I'm thinking Disney must initially allow critical reviews knowing the reviewer might check to see if it got approved, and Disney wants to look like they allow for fair and honest reviews...but they probably don't expect any to ever notice the deletion of old reviews.

Background image of Mickey & Minnie Limited Edition Doll Set

Mickey & Minnie Limited Edition Doll Set​

Coming Soon

Good to know...and interesting. I'm thinking Disney must initially allow critical reviews knowing the reviewer might check to see if it got approved, and Disney wants to look like they allow for fair and honest reviews...but they probably don't expect any to ever notice the deletion of old reviews.
That's most likely the case unfortunately. Or one person who did not like my opinion "reported" my review and that was all the reason SD needed to take it down. But yeah, either way it's deceitful. Really destroys my trust in a company...

Yay, new pics of Tiana and Aurora on ShopDisney UK!

I'm a little shocked, I really thought I would love the Aurora doll the most, but Tiana is actually pushing ahead in beauty and design. I can't buy a lot of the dolls, so now I'm very conflicted. I think I need to see better pictures of Aurora's dress too.

39302_ledolls_group_mb_m

Trying to link one more picture from @the.cursed.prince from IG which shows Aurora's dress a little better. Maybe it's just me, but I think it needs more structure. Or a more solid fabric?

I always wondered that too. Do they release in numbered order? For Jasmine I didn't get a very low number, maybe in the 5,000's? And Ariel I think may have been in the 2,000's (before I returned her). So I have no idea if that's due to number of ppl buying the doll, or are the doll numbers just scattered and unorganized before shipping. It'd be nice to know, ha.

Congrats on getting Jasmine a little cheaper!
The dolls are pretty random. I did doll processing in my store and we would get 5 in the 900s and then 11 in the 1600s, all in a row, or completely different numbers. It all depends on how Memphis (shipping warehouse) was processing the dolls.

The dolls are pretty random. I did doll processing in my store and we would get 5 in the 900s and then 11 in the 1600s, all in a row, or completely different numbers. It all depends on how Memphis (shipping warehouse) was processing the dolls.
Oh nice! Thank you for the insider info. I guess that's okay, keeping it random keeps it fair-ish.

Tiana looks gorgeous! I love her hair! I’m a little disappointed her cape doesn’t have the pastel green underlining like it did on the pin. I think it was needed to show off the shilouette of the dress, which gets a little lost in all the white now. Still gorgeous though and I’m definitely getting her.

I thought I’d love Aurora, but I’m more on the fence about the outfit than I was expecting. The colors are darker that I was expecting. The structure on Aurora’s skirt looks a little off and the, um, skirt cape? could’ve used underlining too since you can see snippets of the design on the other side. All in all, I might pass on her since I already have the d23 masquerade Aurora (that set was one of my grails & my favorite Disney designer doll I have) and this Aurora has a similar silhouette and color scheme except obviously I love the masquerade one a thousand times more.

Last edited:
I think they were going for the pink blue with Aurora...but to be different - dark jeweled tone blue/pink. But that aside, this is the first Aurora where I could not 'name that doll' if you asked me to guess who she was. She's very pretty, but her expression, dress, hair... she's not connecting to me. Tiana, Mulan, Jasmine, even Ariel with her baby curl bangs still make me think of the character. They also photo shopped the inside of Aurora's outer skirt for some reason....probably go show you what her fitted dress looks like? At first I thought it was shear like Ariel, but I think it's a printed pattern, then they brightened the inside...bad bad photoshop. So far, Mulan is #1 in my book....Jasmine/Tiana close 2nd.

I sadly have to agree with you both. @MissLemon @Rapunz It's a sad day when I'm fairly certain I have to walk away from this Aurora doll. She's probably the easiest doll to make since she has the "Timeless Beauty" theme going for her, but there are so many problems with her skirt.

I see what the designer was trying by making her dress gradient in darker colors to be runway dramatic, but I don't think it's working in this case. I was really hoping to see her in the traditional blue and pink. The gradient idea was good, just not executed well.

Maybe the colors wouldn't bother me so much if there weren't other bigger problems with the skirt design. Oh wow. (And I thought the Ariel doll wasn't my cup of tea...) I definitely think the inside skirt is ridiculously plain. Like "playline doll" plain. For a $130 USD designer doll that's definitely a fail. It has no structure and no details (gems, embroidery, panels, unique hemline, etc). The sky's the limit with how they could have detailed that skirt. x_x

Then we have the outer skirt with the print. Normally a little print would be fine on a Designer doll, however it looks like this is the majority of the outer skirt. And the fact that you can see the design from underneath the skirt? x_x That all screams "playline doll" again. (Did anyone ever collect Monster High dolls? They used lots of printed fabric, to keep it cheap in the playline dolls. And that's understandable to keep prices down for that target market.) So to see this printed technique used so heavily in this doll is really disappointing. I will wait for the full reveal to see if it's better than expected though. From what I can tell, it looks like a stained glass story telling. I see a castle and a rose, maybe fairies. I was really hoping it would be done Eyvind Earle art style, like that of the movie.

Overall, I'm very sad, because I truly wanted to have one Designer Aurora doll for my collection. But like you said @MissLemon , that Masquerade Aurora is fathoms more beautiful and detailed. Now I truly wish I had bought her at the time.

Which leads me to my next thought. Did Disney lose a large part of their budget for this Princess Celebration doll line? Jasmine was such a thoroughly detailed doll (expensive to make too?), and it seems like each doll since has cut corners or lowered quality. I wish we had an insider on the design team.

Here is an edit of the Aurora preview picture done by @gutocollector on Instagram. This is what Disney SHOULD have done for this doll. This edit is amazing and I would pay extra money for this doll design.

download instagram high resolution photos

Amazing concept art pics of Designer Tiana from the artist on IG.

At least on the concept art, it shows detailing on the back of the cape and an applique on the back! I hope that's part of the doll. And the artist entwined pictures into the embroidery from the Princess and the Frog story. You can see on the front of the doll (from other pictures) that there are eating utensils around her waist in the embroidery. Amazing details! This is what we want to see in these dolls.

Belle Felt Doll – Beauty and the Beast 30th Anniversary – 14'' – Limited Edition

Belle Felt Doll – Beauty and the Beast 30th Anniversary – 14'' – Limited Edition

At a whopping $1395 she already sold out!!!

Wow...didn't see this one coming...AND she sold out.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

ShopDisney might have had a very limited stock of Belle. She's still available for pre-order on the Steiff site, and there's also a (much cheaper, ha) Beast:

Hello again, everyone!

Just chiming in to say that I love Tiana's design.
I liked Aurora's at a glance, but the more I look at it, the more I'm questioning how good the skirt is going to be on the actual doll. A skirt like this one would've been beautiful, can't imagine why Disney decided to with what they did. I like the darker tones for Aurora though--we don't see those on her very often.
Which leads me to my next thought. Did Disney lose a large part of their budget for this Princess Celebration doll line? Jasmine was such a thoroughly detailed doll (expensive to make too?), and it seems like each doll since has cut corners or lowered quality. I wish we had an insider on the design team.

Here is an edit of the Aurora preview picture done by @gutocollector on Instagram. This is what Disney SHOULD have done for this doll. This edit is amazing and I would pay extra money for this doll design.

download instagram high resolution photos

Hello again, everyone!

Just chiming in to say that I love Tiana's design.
I liked Aurora's at a glance, but the more I look at it, the more I'm questioning how good the skirt is going to be on the actual doll. A skirt like this one would've been beautiful, can't imagine why Disney decided to with what they did. I like the darker tones for Aurora though--we don't see those on her very often.
I unfortunately have to agree. I really love Aurora dolls and wanted to buy her from this line...but I have issues with the dress. I have to budget my money and at the moment from what we've seen, her dress would not justify the cost for me personally. I feel like Disney really cut corners with this doll too. I'm sad because I really wanted to add an Aurora to my collection, but I can't justify buying this one.

Unless more pictures come out to show her in a much better light, I have to pass on her. :(

But Tiana, wow, I really like her Art Deco style (and she also looks Grecian). A very unique and pretty design. I'm considering buying her now.

Wish I had unlimited money and space. Ha...

Back