• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! All the Tears...

ZAPPED! All the Tears...

Romancing_Train

EVERYPONY calm the buck down!
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
So this weekend David(Docfish2u) had invited my grandma Mimi and I to come spend the day with him at Disneyland. My grandma had not been in almost 24 years and we really wanted to have a special day for her. She is hard of walking and very stubborn but she had a great time with David and me. We met his wife and Psycho Pixie (Which one of Mimi's favorite part of the day was watching all the kids play in the dirt while the grown ups pin traded. she says your little ones are UBER cute!!)

But she just loved talking and meeting David most of all. She's been pretty sore the last two days because she walked about 9 miles she says.

OH.

And all the Zaps. I mean...ALL THE ZAPS!

We have never been so loved and so humbled and grateful...

These are the pins David gave to me:

DSCN0207_zps416731e9.jpg

thannnkyou D,:

and this is what my grandma got....ALL OF HER DUMBO GRAILS AND MORE.

She loves the button so much too. She said it really made her feel special.

8d006c53-c43e-40c7-b7ba-76d7297d74fc_zpse8b8ee9e.jpg

And David bought us lunch! And my grandma kept telling him not to buy her things. but she couldn't help but let out that she saw that new Dumbo popcorn bucket...so what happened?

DSCN0202_zps55a19252.jpg

He got her one while we were on Buzz Lightyear!

But before that when we were eating lunch we were waiting for his friend. He had this super amazing Jumbo to give his friend and when we met his friend his friend was wearing this gigantic Jack pin. Well David didn't know mimi loved NBC...because she told me not to tell him...

And well...he ended up getting it and giving it to her!!

pin49874

And lots of terrible jokes were had after David showed us some pretty awesome fantasy pins! xD

We can't thank you enough! Mimi is always looking at her pins and telling me what happened that day..like I wasn't there! LOL.

And the last picture I have is the only one we took....It's of Mimi and her two "heroes" she says:

DSCN0201_zps2f91694a.jpg

This was so nice to read! I'm glad you got to meet up with David and glad Mimi got to too! Congrats on the amazing time spent together and the zaps!

Aww that's such a lovely story <3 such beautiful pins too. The generosity of people is amazing. I can't wait to get zapping people, must feel amazing :)

Mimi and David are adorable. He must be a super generous member. Does he make those buttons? Deb and I would love one. I would pay for them.
The pins are awesome. Congratulations! The Dumbo container is sweet.

I knew David was caring but I never knew he was your grandma's fairy Godmother... I mean Godfather... LOL! Sounds like you all truly had a magical day! I am sorry I had to miss it. I would have loved to just be a fly on the wall and watch the entire thing transpire!

Way to spread Disney magic David! It was well deserved Carrissa! You Grandma is adorable!

Last edited:
So nice! Your Grandma is adorable and David and family must be like the nicest people on the planet! Congrats!

Aww, this is so sweet!

I was so looking forward to meeting David at the park yesterday... I was carrying around a little gift for him all day and everything. But he didn't ever write me back to tell him where to meet him, so I guess he got sidetracked on his last day of vacation... :( Ah well. Guess it could happen to any of us.

Thanks for sharing your pics and memories! Beautiful pins, too! :bigthumb:

Very happy for you and your grandmother! That Jack Skellington pin... GRAIL of mine!!! Glad your grandmother got it!!

This is such a wonderful story!! You and your Mimi are quite the team, its awesome!! <3
It is nice to see the man behind the zaps as well lol! I love that picture of Mimi with her heroes!!

I too would love to have a DPF button. They would be awesome to wear in the parks so we all know who each other are! Lol. Great idea David!

Back