• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Anyone else notice the change at the PinPics site??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice the change at the PinPics site??
THANKS Janet!!!! You are TIGGERIFIC!!!

Thank Goodness!! Can't "deal" with the new format during the Gala Event!!

Looked on PinTalk after posting this - didn't see

See you all at the Gala Event!! TTFN, Sue

Edit - no wonder I didn't see, posted at Midnight, Eastern time, at END of Holiday weekend!!!

Last edited:
It was announced on the Pin Talk site but only after it had been done.

When the new version came out, I forced myself to use it at least a little bit. I do like the pictures better, and I have been playing with the Trade Assistant which really isn't too bad. The problem is, no one is using the new version so people don't respond to my requests. The new site still needs work. I still can't seem to search for members but I think if everyone plays with it a bit, they will get used to it.

Go to your own trades or wants. Click on a pin to see the details. At the bottom is a tab called Trade Assist. From this tab, you can choose two options. The rest is pretty easy. It will match up people for you and you can choose pins to make a fair trade.

Maybe you can help me. I can't figure out how to initiate trade requests or even look up someone's wish list now. I tried to find a tutorial but couldn't. I am not super computer savvy but even a place to start would be great :0)

I'm one of the bad people who have stuck to the old site. I guess I'm just technologically challenged. I won't have much of an option tho, now, if they are dismantling the old site. :(

I hope the site Darris is creating will be user friendly, because there aren't too many trades happening in my neck of the woods!

Yes Sue (above) also if you put a member name in the search box on right and hit the drop down menu and press member the search that member will come up and you can choose to see their wants/collection/traders just like the old site and you can also compare against your stuff.

so ive also been cruising the pin trading DB. Is this what Rasputin is working on or is there another underway? I have not been on here much so I have no idea whats going on just that DPP is gone ....somebody give me the cliff notes!
Rasputin i will seek you out thursday since we have never traded as discussed on FB--yeh im a stalker like that.:|

Yes, BIG changes on "old" classic PP site. No more links to "old site" NOR for doing TAs there. :( no advanced warning :( I did get at TA offer this AM, but that may be the last. I have made a few trades on new site, but again find it so much more cumbersome for a NUMBER of reasons. I've tried FB trades, but there are so many DIFFERENT FB sites, and it's just "I have this pin, pls PM me". So very very sad about all of this :( my hobby has just become a tedious job :( sigh

Hold out some hope, Darris is working on a new database and if it is like everything else he does, it should be great.

According to PP helpdesk- All of this was announced on PP sister site, Pin Talk. Guess I'll have to check that site more frequently.

Great, announce something on a site that even less used then the new pinpics.

It was announced on the Pin Talk site but only after it had been done.

That sounds like the pinpics management that we know.

When the new version came out, I forced myself to use it at least a little bit. I do like the pictures better, and I have been playing with the Trade Assistant which really isn't too bad. The problem is, no one is using the new version so people don't respond to my requests. The new site still needs work. I still can't seem to search for members but I think if everyone plays with it a bit, they will get used to it.

That is the problem, nobody wants to take the time to learn the new system. If it had worked from the get go they might have had a chance. Why fix something that isn't broke? So now we wait for Darris and his new site.

Those are still from DPP. I refuse to put PP#s on my signature unless I can put 'sucks' after it.

I hear that!!!

so ive also been cruising the pin trading DB. Is this what Rasputin is working on or is there another underway? I have not been on here much so I have no idea whats going on just that DPP is gone ....somebody give me the cliff notes!
Rasputin i will seek you out thursday since we have never traded as discussed on FB--yeh im a stalker like that.:|

No, that is Ryan's new database and it is looking pretty good. Darris is working on a new one also and judging by the way he does things it should be pretty amazing.

At this point in time, is there a good reason for me to make a fresh PP account and organize my information on there? Or should I just wait for the new site that's being built? I mean do most people still plan to use both sites, or are you all planning to leave PP for the new one exclusively, once it's up and running?

I really dislike keeping up to date with more than one collection site, so I kind of want to wait.

Hi Dawny. I have tried searching for members using that method and their name does come up on another screen on the left but I see no options after that. I have tried hitting the search button next to their name but nothing happens. I have used the comparison option but got there in a different way. I do like that feature.

Yes Sue (above) also if you put a member name in the search box on right and hit the drop down menu and press member the search that member will come up and you can choose to see their wants/collection/traders just like the old site and you can also compare against your stuff.

Hi Dawny. I have tried searching for members using that method and their name does come up on another screen on the left but I see no options after that. I have tried hitting the search button next to their name but nothing happens. I have used the comparison option but got there in a different way. I do like that feature.

Do you use a phone or computer? On the right, you are supposed to see the username and their avatar, with a link underneath. Once you click on their name, you will see their lists. However, on my phone the member never shows up. When the site first launched I wrote about it, but no one seemed to acknowledge the problem.

I think you have to click on the users name after it comes up in the left screen. Then on the right side there will be buttons to see their collection wants or trades.

So weird. I use my Ipad to look things up. I have been searching while my Ipad is in portrait mode. I turned my Ipad to a landscape orientation and now it works. Yay!

I think you have to click on the users name after it comes up in the left screen. Then on the right side there will be buttons to see their collection wants or trades.

Im sick of all the pinpics complains and hate. I know they arent perfect but the site is pretty easy to use and i like it better than the old one now. Seriously people just play around the new site and you will see how it works. Im waiting on new database as well but seems like it will take years to get populer. :( and database seems lonely .

Im sick of all the pinpics complains and hate. I know they arent perfect but the site is pretty easy to use and i like it better than the old one now. Seriously people just play around the new site and you will see how it works. Im waiting on new database as well but seems like it will take years to get populer. :( and database seems lonely .

Since PPs seems to alienate most of its core client base, it won't take another database that long to compete with them. They are a monopoly and think (at least I hope that have a brain) that whatever they do will be ok with pin collectors. They are all about taking a community work and turning a profit with it.

Think about it, they are charging so you can see high rez pictures on their site. I can google a pin and see a high rez picture for free.

Get out much??? Been Disney pin collecting/trading for very long?? Doubtful

Since PPs seems to alienate most of its core client base, it won't take another database that long to compete with them. They are a monopoly and think (at least I hope that have a brain) that whatever they do will be ok with pin collectors. They are all about taking a community work and turning a profit with it.

Think about it, they are charging so you can see high rez pictures on their site. I can google a pin and see a high rez picture for free.

YES!! I agree 1000%! Thank you Lord Rasputin!!

Go to your own trades or wants. Click on a pin to see the details. At the bottom is a tab called Trade Assist. From this tab, you can choose two options. The rest is pretty easy. It will match up people for you and you can choose pins to make a fair trade.

Thanks!!! I gave it a try. Do you still a message at 3 in the morning to tell you that your requests were sent?

:dunno: I still can't figure out how to look at a member's pins..

:dunno: I still can't figure out how to look at a member's pins..
Hello Sue
If you're anything like me you're looking in the wrong place . I assumed the members would be shown on the page in a similar place to the pins but instead they're listed on a bar at the bottom of the page . Scroll down and you should hopefully see them .

If you click on the pictures it comes up bigger and higher quality . Only problem is now if you download them, they are no longer jpg but txt files. Good thing there's sites thst could convert them back to jpg. What i do is download the pictures, convert them to jpg, and save them on photobucket. The rest i agree but i guess if you need to run the site you need money. I would of done it differently but egh :/
Besides that they arent doing bad job and are improving to be honest. They still have long way to go but think about it technology is improving and times are changing. The old site is old fashion now :( im sad they didnt just improve the old site instead of making a new one. I think the reason is they didnt want the old site to be down for mantience .

How to find other PinPics members’ pins and wants/trade lists on the new site.

Type the member’s name in the search box, and pull down the “members†choice from the right side of the box:
MemberName_zps4e6da643.jpg

Then click the magnifying glass:
Search_zpsf99c1678.jpg

Click on the member’s name, under the picture (sometimes on mobile platforms, the picture and member’s name are way at the bottom of the page, so scroll all the way down, before you give up and assume they weren’t found):
Found_zpse957d9ac.jpg

Now you can navigate the member’s pins, the same as you would your own collection/wants/trades lists:
Results_zps2e8745dc.jpg

You also have the option of comparing pins, using the links on the left side of the page:

Compare_zpsce6edd77.jpg

Choose “Compare Pins†and you can see pins you both have, pins you have the other member wants, and pins the other member has you want:
Compare2_zps34dd8885.jpg

If you only know part of the member’s name, you can enter that and look for matches:
MemberPartialName_zps58e999a4.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back