• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: Bid Pin(s) on Other Bidders' Wants List to win! End 06/06

Auction Ended: Bid Pin(s) on Other Bidders' Wants List to win! End 06/06

PinTraderSam

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hello! I reached my goal in obtaining a grail pin, and as promised am providing this auction! This will be run the same as any other auction, bidding pins, but will have a catch!

You can bid pins from ANY PARTICIPANTS Want’s list and winning will mean giving them those pins! That means I can potentially and hopefully not be the one winning the pins bid, and someone new can win those pins as long as they participate in this auction!

So update those PinPics or post some form of a updated Wants list to help other participants in what they can work with!

So the more participants, the higher chance for people to win due to bigger wants list.

How to score? I have several options and am open to opinions.

Scoring by Pinpics wants/trade ratio, eBay value, LE/rarity, or my personal judgment of points allotted.

Confused?

Example, TheMickeyMouseRules bids pins from DoReMarie’s want’s list. If her pins bid is first place in the auction due to undecided scoring system, she wins the prize pin up for auction and she sends the pins bid to DoReMarie rather than myself, the auctioneer!

This way pins can spread to more people.

So spread word for more participants and let’s have some fun!

To start things off @TheMickeyMouseRules and @DoReMarie will automatically be part of the participants list due to helping me reach my goal! So check out their wants list!

I will post the pins the winner can choose from of up to $80-$100 in value! You can pick lower value pins to reach up to that $80-$100 range or 1 pin of that value.

8cddf0c5b1c567444cb5348db1588697.jpg

9a3cdb4ef8ba9650cc8fc97773ea1d91.jpg

ff37bba1a9ea442f90f3356e7734c812.jpg

078acefe744976eb9f1bc7b79bfc8e38.jpg

48cef455750918a9ecc8dee7256f5ba3.jpg

b191ba913d307dfd16aa7a2bb2c2cac6.jpg

End time 06/06 by end of the day 12am PST
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Leaderboard

1. @TheMickeyMouseRules Wow! So many great pins! Bringing out big guns!
2. @summerskin I love that your bid includes everyone
3. @Pibbman Stitch firework pin is amazing.
4. @Ajk unique stitch pin, woe are always nice
5. @stratasfan Oo la latte.

Great bids everyone! Hyped about all the participation!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Very interesting auction. Giving it a shot with a first bid. Please let us know if I am doing this correctly.

My first bid:
- DoReMarie: Pin# 129998 Loungefly - Princess Dress - Merida Clan

I'm not familiar with this concept but it sounds like fun. I'll try. Quick questions: like a typical auction, can I add to any bid I have initially made - making my bid stronger? Also, can I only place bids from one person's Want list?

I'm not familiar with this concept but it sounds like fun. I'll try. Quick questions: like a typical auction, can I add to any bid I have initially made - making my bid stronger? Also, can I only place bids from one person's Want list?
Good questions to confirm... I assumed both and now if my first bid is my only bid... I am definitely not going to win. :)

And along a similar line, Question: the bid could have multiple recipients receiving pins.
ie: example of one bid:
list 2 pins for X participant
list 1 pins for Y participant
list 1 pin for Z participant

Last edited:
Good questions to confirm... I assumed both and now if my first bid is my only bid... I am definitely not going to win. :)

And along a similar line, Question: the bid could have multiple recipients receiving pins.
ie: example of one bid:
list 2 pins for X participant
list 1 pins for Y participant
list 1 pin for Z participant

Correct, normal bidding rules but anyone can receive pins if you’re bidding off multiple peoples wants list, it just means you’ll have to ship more and I’ll probably give more points because of the split shipping cost.

Thanks for getting things started!

Last edited:
What do you guys think about how to score?

Scoring by Pinpics wants/trade ratio, eBay value, LE/rarity, or my personal judgment of points allotted.

Any other opinions would be appreciated.

This is awesome. I'm not sure I am going to participate or not yet, but really awesome concept. In terms of the judgement, I suggest treat it like any other auction and it's your personal judgment. But I presume you will take the other factors (rarity, trades/wants, ebay prices, if someone's grail, number of people covered, etc) into your assessment.

This is awesome. I'm not sure I am going to participate or not yet, but really awesome concept. In terms of the judgement, I suggest treat it like any other auction and it's your personal judgment. But I presume you will take the other factors (rarity, trades/wants, ebay prices, if someone's grail, number of people covered, etc) into your assessment.
Totally agree with this... your auction... your choice. :)

You should definitely at least bid once to provide a greater variety of bid options and you may end up with some free pins!

~MOD NOTE~

I edited the title of your auction because it's neither a charity (unless any of the participants are 501(c)(3)) nor opportunity drawings (which are forbidden on DPF as illegal.)

You also didn't put an end time in the title or in the original posting so please do so ASAP. Make sure to identify the time zone too.

Thank you!

@PinTraderSam

~MOD NOTE~

I edited the title of your auction because it's neither a charity (unless any of the participants are 501(c)(3)) nor opportunity drawings (which are forbidden on DPF as illegal.)

You also didn't put an end time in the title or in the original posting so please do so ASAP. Make sure to identify the time zone too.

Thank you!

@PinTraderSam

Sorry didn’t know there were legal issues... Oh an end time! I was thinking end date! Will add.
End time added.

You should definitely at least bid once to provide a greater variety of bid options and you may end up with some free pins!
I hadn't thought of it that way. Good point. Really EVERYONE should play. I'll go ahead and bid the following:

#87132 NYC New York Stitch in Times Square- For @TheMickeyMouseRules
#132063 DLR - Pin of the Month - Windows of Evil - Dr. Facilier - For @Pibbman

I think I get most of the rules! Sounds like a fun twist! Will there be only one winner?

Probably don't have a lot from want lists, but I am assuming I can revise my bid, as more members post? I'll be looking up other bidders now!

I'll start with bidding these from @Ajk 's want list:

Pin# 134093
WDW - Hidden Mickey 2019 - Ursula - Chaser

Pin# 133488
Hidden Mickey 2019 - Mickey's Present -

Pin #99899
WDW/DLR 2014 Small World Ciao

My second bid:
- Krand1276: Pin# 134735 Mulan - 20th Anniversary
- Stratasfan: Pin# 118604 Tsum Tsum Christmas Mystery Collection - Chip
- Stratasfan: Pin# 118599 Tsum Tsum Christmas Mystery Collection - Dale
- PinTraderSam: Pin 131351 ACME/HotArt - Classic Cutout - Family Portrait II - Mufasa and Simba (we have no pin matches, but figuring this one was worth a try.) :)

Updated bid:
TheMickeyMouseRules:
Pin #78613 Stitch Adventure - Fireworks
Stratasfan:
Pin# 137090 D23 - Gold Member 2019 - Carl
AJK:
Pin #133491 Hidden Mickey Donald’s present

Back