• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Big Hero 6 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Hero 6 Merchandise
Some very very very impressive non-Disney store merchandise:
[video=youtube;58ePEMcrsls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ePEMcrsls#t=24[/video]

Edit: Haha someone literally just beat me to it. I'll delete the links to the first video since that was posted.

Videos of some of the Big Hero 6 merchandise have surfaced! Warning: possible spoilers may be in the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKpDVjkm8II (Deluxe Flying Baymax + Armor-Up Baymax)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Li_Q9h4obs (4" action figures)

So these give us a pretty good look at what to expect in terms of BH6! Baymaxes on top of Baymaxes. Personally I hope Disney Store does some giant plush of Baymax. I kinda want toys of the team that aren't under 6 inches, and more to scale with their dolls, but... this is more of a "boy" movie. And action figures are usually 6 inches and less. Oh well... :sad:

Last edited:
I'm assuming that the action figures will be like the Star Wars ones that are about 12" or 14" i think.
I think we will get action figures for the guys and dolls for the girls.

Yes, Baymax will be the main marketing point of this movie. So expect to see a lot of baymax figures.

What the Disney Infinity Baymax will look like:
Comic-Con_2014_73.jpg

Vinylmation Set:
bighero6.jpg

What the Disney Infinity Baymax will look like:

Vinylmation Set:
bighero6.jpg

I am not much on Vinylmations, but there are always sets that really interest me. This is easily one of those sets! I love how they are done in a kind of anime art style.

Ya know, when this film's teaser was released and the images of the characters came out, I wasn't really feeling it. It just didn't look that interesting to me and it seemed like it was going to be a missed opportunity on Disney's part. But as more and more information and merchandise has come out, I am really looking forward to it now! If done right, this could be a lot better than the trailers are letting on. We may be in a new Disney Renaissance after all :).

I felt the same way about Wreck It Ralph as how you described your feelings about Big Hero 6. It was all the merch and later-revealed info that made me want to see the movie so badly. And it was one of my favorites, so I'm really hoping that'll happen again :)

We may be in a new Disney Renaissance after all.

Even better: this is the Disney Revival period. I still like the Renaissance movies more, though. And then I wonder, what do they call the period between Tarzan, and the Princess and the Frog? Is it called like the Disney Slump period? I'm getting a little off topic now, but I feel like the slumps are kind of a reflection of the generation rather than the movies. I grew up on the Disney Renaissance, and then I hit a certain age where I didn't care about animated movies. But now I'm old enough to appreciate them again, so I even like movies like Home on the Range and Atlantis. Meh, sorry for the derail. Your comment got my wheels turning...

I felt the same way about Wreck It Ralph as how you described your feelings about Big Hero 6. It was all the merch and later-revealed info that made me want to see the movie so badly. And it was one of my favorites, so I'm really hoping that'll happen again :)

Even better: this is the Disney Revival period. I still like the Renaissance movies more, though. And then I wonder, what do they call the period between Tarzan, and the Princess and the Frog? Is it called like the Disney Slump period? I'm getting a little off topic now, but I feel like the slumps are kind of a reflection of the generation rather than the movies. I grew up on the Disney Renaissance, and then I hit a certain age where I didn't care about animated movies. But now I'm old enough to appreciate them again, so I even like movies like Home on the Range and Atlantis. Meh, sorry for the derail. Your comment got my wheels turning...

Oh no you're fine! I love reading comments like this. It reminds me how much love Disney gets even with their occasional screw ups. But I do agree that, when you think about it, this is a sort of revival period for Disney. I grew up with Disney during the Renaissance too, and have always loved animation and the company, but after Lilo and Stitch, seeing them in a rut was painful. But its good to know they are coming back strong again :). Here is to hoping Big Hero 6 is worth the wait!

Last edited:
I know that between the females in the movie, Honey Lemon will probably be the more popular, but can I just say how cool I think GoGo is? If they make LE dolls I may have to bend my no more dolls rule and get a GoGo one. She looks like one of those tomboyish, sarcastic female characters I love so much. Also I'm digging the purple in her hair- I think Disney should start making more characters will candy and bright coloured hair- would end the blonde vs brunette debate haha

I like the look of gogo too! Honey lemon looks just like Rapunzel or Anna wereas Gogo look unique! Their isn't many princess's with Brunette hair(only
Belle)they always go black, red or blonde lol. I do usually love the blondes more.

I think Baymax is super cute and can't wait to get the infinity figure!

I like the look of gogo too! Honey lemon looks just like Rapunzel or Anna wereas Gogo look unique! Their isn't many princess's with Brunette hair(only
Belle)they always go black, red or blonde lol. I do usually love the blondes more.

I think Baymax is super cute and can't wait to get the infinity figure!

I agree! Majority of my favourite princesses are blondes but I get excited when there are brunette characters too! And yeah, Honey Lemon looks too recycled for me. I'm sorta hoping GoGo has an attitude like Spinelli from Recess haha! She was the best! And HL can be like Gretchen- the group brainiac

I'm kinda interested in seeing how Honey Lemon will turn out to be. Her design is so weird....
tumblr_na4a448fmO1thocs9o1_400.png

I'm kinda interested in seeing how Honey Lemon will turn out to be. Her design is so weird....
tumblr_na4a448fmO1thocs9o1_400.png

Living in Japan, I would say she would fit right in.......l.never have been a fan of heels with socks or the weird color coordinating but.........ten years on and I say that looks normal and not outrageous.

At first I thought Honey Lemon would be my favourite but looking at that pic and her design I think she looks awful! Them glasses, that outfit! And how skinny are those legs lol! After the beauty that was Elsa's design she really doesn't excite me. I might love her though after seeing the movie but for now I'm mostly looking forward to Baymax:)

At first I thought Honey Lemon would be my favourite but looking at that pic and her design I think she looks awful! Them glasses, that outfit! And how skinny are those legs lol! After the beauty that was Elsa's design she really doesn't excite me. I might love her though after seeing the movie but for now I'm mostly looking forward to Baymax:)

"I beg your pardon.... Looks awful"
tumblr_n8tns1t0Yp1rdvdi2o1_500.png

She reminds me of Gretchen from Recess. Does that mean GoGo will be Spinelli? :p I have a feeling GoGo is going to be my favourite. I'm just really not digging Honey Lemon

i think that Disney really wanted to break the mold of a typical female Disney character with this one.........AND I LIKE IT! I love how they executed the design for Honey Lemon to be very quirky and nerdy and that she isn't as perfect as she could have been. I know that the character may not be appealing merchandise wise but i think i would rather have this design then having her look like another Rapunzel :)

Oh come on, Honey Lemon is the epitome of the cliche 'ugly geeky' girl with glasses who is actually beautiful when the glasses come off and she fixes her hair. Her superhero pics prove that. I do love her geek version though and think it is done excellently, with the long gangly form and goofy grin. I think she will be very appealing merchandise and character wise, like Elsa, but in a different way.

It's so tired that old chiche though. And Even in super hero outfit she doesn't look much better IMO. Much more excited for GoGo and Baymax! Their was a girl I went to college with and no joke she looked exactly like Honey Lemon!

I like that Honey Lemon is a geeky cute girl, it's just not really my type of character. I think GoGo looks awesome- I LOVE her character design and outfit! In groups when it's less girls (like 2 or so), I always like the tougher girl characters- Spinelli over Gretchen, Raven over Starfire, Rogue over Kitty and Jean. GoGo is going to be awesome, I can feel it in my bones.

I love Honey Lemon. I love it when we get nerdy/geeky characters as its a nice change of pace from all the pretty princess characters we get in Disney movies these days. And I think she is adorable in her geek attire. I love all the characters honestly, with Hiro of all people probably being my favorite so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back