• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Mugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer Mugs

Polaris

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi everyone I just have a quick question about he designer mugs (both the princess an villains set). What order do these mugs fall in, in terms of popularity/demand? Just have an opportunity to buy one but can only buy one at this point in time but I wanted to buy the one that is hardest to find or most in demand so that I don't have to worry about trying to find it again in the future as I may not have the opportunity to.

I have been in the hunt for these mugs lately, and from my personal experience, I'll say Ariel & Maleficent are the most expensive ones, from each collection respectively, just like the dolls. For the Princess mugs I have seen some crazy prices for Aurora, Belle and Rapuzel as well, with Cinderella being the cheapest. As for the other Villains mugs, you can still get them all 5 at cheap, reasonable prices, but Maleficent mug price has skyrocketed.

Thanks alex555 I managed to find an Ariel at a reasonable price, and I am tossing up between Aurora and Belle, which do you think is harder to find between the two, or which would you get? As I can't decide!

i manged to buy a Cinderella mug for just $10 so I was so happy about that!

I'd say go for Aurora, I hardly get to see it. Belle, although expensive as well, it pops out more frequently. Good luck getting them, and I would love to see a collection update picture from you pretty soon :D !

Well a Belle just popped up on eBay at a pretty reasonable price so I snagged her. Whilst the aurora isn't too bad the shipping is rediculous at $40. If I can get a better deal them maybe I will consider it. But thanks so much for the tip!

I will def post more photos once my next shipment comes in!

I really want to get all the villain mugs, the only one I have is Mother Gothel. But they are expensive haha. In order from the mug I want the most to least are:

Maleficent
Queen of Hearts
Evil Queen
Ursula
Cruella

And I still need to get the Maleficent doll to complete my collection :3

Well I managed to get 6 princesses and 4 villains.

I think I am happy with that however knowing me I might possibly want the rest of the princesses :S.

So far with the addition of Belle I have:
Ariel
Pocahontas
Belle
Rapunzel
Tiana
Cinderella
Ursula
Evil Queen
Maleficent
Queen of Hearts

Probably the only other one that I would want would be Aurora? But ill see how I go so far she is way too expensive...

Good luck to everyone else that is collecting the mugs as well!

I actually have a set of designer villain mugs I was contemplating putting up for trade auction lol. I didn't know people would be interested though. Think its a good idea?

That is completely up to you if you feel like you would no longer want to keep them then I don't see any harm in wanting to trade/sell them.

if you do end up deciding on selling them, I wold be more than happy to purchase the Aurora mug from you and would be willing to pay, a reasonale price for her. PM me if you are interested.

thanks!!

oh whoops sorry I just retread our post Johnjay and I noticed you said villains! Sorry about that lol.

But if anyone does have an Aurora that they would like to sell please feel free to PM me!

Last edited:
Looks like you have a great collection of them so far! :) I was able to snag a mulan mug not too long ago. I really haven't seen a jasmine floating around like the others

I actually have a set of designer villain mugs I was contemplating putting up for trade auction lol. I didn't know people would be interested though. Think its a good idea?

I would be extremely interested in your Maleficent mug. Please let me know if you decide to sell, please :)

Last edited:
So they did stop selling these permanently? I have a designer Maleficent mug that my husband bought me at a Disney store up here in Toronto, and I keep looking for a 2nd one so I can use one without worrying about breaking it...how long was Disney selling them?

So they did stop selling these permanently? I have a designer Maleficent mug that my husband bought me at a Disney store up here in Toronto, and I keep looking for a 2nd one so I can use one without worrying about breaking it...how long was Disney selling them?

Yes the mugs were just a limited release and The Maleficent mugs stopped around the same time that the doll sold out so the only way to get them now is through the secondary market. There are still some out there being sold at reasonable prices but then there are also some that are selling for more the dolls due to their scarcity.

Well I managed to get 6 princesses and 4 villains.

I think I am happy with that however knowing me I might possibly want the rest of the princesses :S.

So far with the addition of Belle I have:
Ariel
Pocahontas
Belle
Rapunzel
Tiana
Cinderella
Ursula
Evil Queen
Maleficent
Queen of Hearts

Probably the only other one that I would want would be Aurora? But ill see how I go so far she is way too expensive...

Good luck to everyone else that is collecting the mugs as well!

The Designer Princess mugs are really among the best items out of the collection, as they are very elegantly designed and incredibly pretty, especially if you are able to get the entire collection all together. The mix of colors and amazing designs of the princesses side-by-side are just amazing to look at. The Designer Villain mugs have an interesting structural design with the unique base, but the images of the villain designs do not look as nice on their mugs as the Designer Princess mugs (I think it is the dark color of the ceramic mug underneath the images).

Good luck to everyone in their search for these beautiful treasures! They are totally worth the effort! :)

I had no idea there was such a market on these mugs!! I bought two, Belle and Tiana, when they were released, and I was looking on Ebay in a pin seller's store, and saw the Belle one for $125!! I couldn't believe it.

They are all gorgeous, though. I can see why people want them.

I had no idea there was such a market on these mugs!! I bought two, Belle and Tiana, when they were released, and I was looking on Ebay in a pin seller's store, and saw the Belle one for $125!! I couldn't believe it.

They are all gorgeous, though. I can see why people want them.

Agreed! My heart goes out to everyone who is still seeking these! Their prices are getting as impossible as the pins on the secondary market, especially considering that they were being sold at retail for 2/$14! I now consider myself incredibly lucky to have bought 8 of them at retail and only had to get 2 off of eBay, but only at a slight mark-up... It's another example that the Disney Store underestimated how popular this collection would be. To my knowledge, I think that most of the stores that carried them only received two shipments on average during the whole promotional period. Also, they were not sold on DS.com for some ridiculous reason.

I'm not sure if Polaris is OK with me posting this here. Please let me know if this is OK with you; if not I can start my own thread.

I was never able to get the designer princess mug set, but I did get 1 full set of the designer villain mugs. I just don't see me ever using or displaying them though. If anyone is interested in offering me a trade for the set or just one feel free to message me. All the mugs are brand new, in mint condition, in their original white factory cardboard boxes direct from DisneyStore.com

Last edited:
I wish they would re-release the mugs. Technically they aren't limited edition but I understand that the collection is pretty much "done with" so they aren't likely to do it. The prices are getting ridiculous though. I mean they're pretty but 50+ for a mug that could have potentially been purchased at $7 bucks is insane

LOL I know I said I was happy with the mugs I have but now I am second guessing whether or not I should get the remaining 4 that I am missing :S (I am such a completist it's sooo bad!)

i just have an opportunity to get 3 mugs at a reasonable cost which will just leave one left. Thing is I know if I get these 3 I will never be satisfied until I have the last one outstanding. I have no idea what to do. Do you guys think its worth collecting the entire set or should I just stick with what I have and save up for the next lot of dolls and LE merch?

I mean you've already gone this far...might as well try to complete the set. That's just my opinion. I think you'll have plenty of time before any other really great merchandise is released. So you should have time to save a little too.

Seriously? I had no idea! I know I bought at least 4 of them when they came out and I have them packed away somewhere for when my Husband and I can finally afford a house! So...now I'll feel weird drinking from a $40 or $80 coffee mug.

I mean you've already gone this far...might as well try to complete the set. That's just my opinion. I think you'll have plenty of time before any other really great merchandise is released. So you should have time to save a little too.

I second what JohnJay86 says. You've already obtained some of the most of the harder-to-get/more expensive mugs (Rapunzel, Ariel, and Belle), so I think it is a good idea to get the set, especially if opportunities are there. I love my Designer Princess mug set, and like you, I would have been seriously bothered if I had not been able to get all 10 for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back