• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Animator Dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Animator Dolls?
Hmm I agree about tinks hair, something just isn't right :/. I think the bun is too small too. :c

You and me both!

I have to ask does anyone know why Kristoff would be in the Animator series yet Anna & Elsa were brought out as toddler dolls? I have to admit I didn't even know their was a difference until I read on the frozen merchandise thread. I thought they were all animator dolls oops!

That is weird that they put him in the different box. I believe, like Merida, they are animators dolls just in special boxes and will be released in the regular Animators box next year. That's what happened with Merida, same face mold different dress, new box. The "toddler" dolls are usually sold at the outlets and JCP and have much smaller eyes and just aren't so darn cute if you ask me.

I can't find Kristoff or Tinkerbell on the US site...are they not officially out yet or...?

I don't believe they have been released online in the US yet. By the sounds of it most UK stores have released them for sale and some US stores have as well (maybe to ride the Christmas shopping wave) but I don't think thy have been officially released as both the US and UK websites still don't have them available. I think they may appear online on Monday.

I heard that only IP stores are getting Kristoff in. Not sure if this is true or not... it was told to me by another CM. Hopefully I will know for sure soon.

We did get Tink in today though and I bought her for a fellow CM. She is soooo adorable! I want one for myself and I'm not even a Tink fan!

I had an Aurora but decided to get rid of her because she was too big really. But now that Im collecting the Designer dolls and the LE dolls they are all the same size really, so now I want these in my girls. Everytime I see them I think they are just so cute. I cant stand it. I dont understand the difference between the toddler dolls and the animator dolls though.

After seeing Kristoff, I have to have him. I didnt see him online though. I wonder if my local store has him?
Here is a pic I saw online. Im going to skim the Frozen merch thread too for more info but thought Id post here as well.

tumblr_my2k3dnRjw1sg4mvmo1_500_zpsdb9cf4f7.jpg

photo found on tumblr

I dont understand the difference between the toddler dolls and the animator dolls though.

Toddler dolls are the generic ones that look they're made from the same mold and sold at Toys R Us and places like that. DS used to carry their own line of them, but since the DAC started, they've been dwindling toward the outlet stores.

The animator dolls are the ones based on the actual animation from Disney animators. This means either the dolls designed specifically for the DAC line (the princesses who weren't shown as kids in their movie) or dolls based on the toddlers as animated in the movies.

So basically, if they're cute and well made, they're animator dolls. If they're basic and generic, they're toddlers.

Elsa and Anna may have come in non-DAC boxes, but if they get reissued next year, they'll probably get the DAC box treatment like Merida did when she was reissued. Therefore, they're animator dolls. They're based off the way the ANIMATORS designed them.

Toddler dolls are the generic ones that look they're made from the same mold and sold at Toys R Us and places like that. DS used to carry their own line of them, but since the DAC started, they've been dwindling toward the outlet stores.

The animator dolls are the ones based on the actual animation from Disney animators. This means either the dolls designed specifically for the DAC line (the princesses who weren't shown as kids in their movie) or dolls based on the toddlers as animated in the movies.

So basically, if they're cute and well made, they're animator dolls. If they're basic and generic, they're toddlers.

Elsa and Anna may have come in non-DAC boxes, but if they get reissued next year, they'll probably get the DAC box treatment like Merida did when she was reissued. Therefore, they're animator dolls. They're based off the way the ANIMATORS designed them.
awesome. Thank you for clearing it up. I always find them so cute when I see them. I know you have a big collection of them.

Looks like there is going to be a special release for the Tink animator doll at the disney studio lot (I am assuming which is located in LA?) on Jan 9 where there will be a book signing by the artists so we may not be getting the new animator so line in the US until then?

http://stevethompson-art.tumblr.com/post/71022488970/i-can-finally-share-my-big-news-i-am-so-honored

Anyone close by by enough that could grab me a copy of that book? Would be awesome to own one (would be even better if they were releasing it online too!)

Okay Ive been looking at them again online and now I kind of want them. LOL. Im definitely getting Kristoff when he comes out. And I would LOVE Tink.

Looks like there is going to be a special release for the Tink animator doll at the disney studio lot (I am assuming which is located in LA?) on Jan 9 where there will be a book signing by the artists so we may not be getting the new animator so line in the US until then?

http://stevethompson-art.tumblr.com/post/71022488970/i-can-finally-share-my-big-news-i-am-so-honored

Anyone close by by enough that could grab me a copy of that book? Would be awesome to own one (would be even better if they were releasing it online too!)

Is it the same as this? http://www.amazon.com/dp/1423172019/?tag=thebroketogra-20

I've ordered off the German Amazon to the US before, so if it isn't on Amazon Australia (is there an Amazon Australia?) then you could probably get it shipped to you. It'd be coll to have him sign it though...

Is it the same as this? http://www.amazon.com/dp/1423172019/?tag=thebroketogra-20

I've ordered off the German Amazon to the US before, so if it isn't on Amazon Australia (is there an Amazon Australia?) then you could probably get it shipped to you. It'd be coll to have him sign it though...

Yes that looks like the same book, thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately we don't have an Amazon here in Australia haha. But I can still order from the the US Amazon. Yeah I agree it would have been cool to get the book signed. Another reason why I wish I lived in the US! :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Yes, IP store is Imagination Park store, sorry. They're the ones with the mini castle, magic mirrors and gazebos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back