• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Animator Dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone seen france, india, japan and Hawaii "its a small world" animator dolls in the uk?? I decided to get them in the end but I think its a bit too late as I cant find them :(

Last time I was at Bluewater (21st Dec) they had no Small Worlds left at all, whereas they had them all on release. In Nov Oxford Street had Hawaii. They were reduced on the disneystore website, no idea if they are still there?

As of this AM Kristoff is on the us site. Im going to try my local store today to see if they have him first. I hate waiting and paying for shipping. If they don't hopefully he will still be on the site so I can order him. Just thought Id give everyone a heads up.

They have Tink too. Purchased both of them and got free shipping with SHIPNEW code. I know they will eventually drop to $20, but the shipping may not be free.

There's free shipping on NEW stuff today and tomorrow no minimum just use the code on the front of the site, I think its SHIPNEW, so I just ordered him online. I can't wait to get Kristoff (Toddler) next week. I'm truly excited. Even though one of my local stores, about 45minutes to an hour in traffic is getting him tomorrow. I have to work all week etc etc..so it was easier for me to go online with free shipping, PLUS I love getting Disney in the mail!!!

Last edited:
Do you think that it is possible that Anna and Elsa will be put in the Animators box? I would rather buy them if they were Animator dolls.

I was not going to originally buy any of the animator/toddler dolls since they seem to be more meant for children, but I have been thinking and they just look really good and Anna and Elsa were children in the film. I can just store them for my future children. Though it can be stupid to think that way, I might justify myself bying everything from Disney if I keep thinking like that.

There's no way to know for sure, but I think once the Frozen girls get reissued in the DAC boxes, their clothes won't be as high quality. That's what happened with Merida. She only came in her "Brave" box until they made her over with a glittery dress and lower quality hair (though some people might prefer the new hair since it doesn't have that glue stuff in it).

However, if they do reissue the exact same dolls in the DAC boxes, I'm exchanging mine, lol!

I'm so happy that Animator Kristoff and Tinkerbell were released in the US today! I absolutely adore them, especially Kristoff! The boxes don't quite matter to me--I'm one of those people who think all dolls should be taken out and played with.

And a quick question: is there anywhere that is selling Animator Merida in her light blue dress with the yellow ribbon? She's one of my favorite princesses, and I'd love to get her. I missed out on her the first time around.

The Animator dolls were my gateway drug into Disney dolls. I adore them. I'm almost 40. :) IMO, they are not just for children. I bought both versions of Merida, and I will buy Anna and Elsa when they come out in Animator boxes. Haha. If only they didn't take up so much space.

There's no way to know for sure, but I think once the Frozen girls get reissued in the DAC boxes, their clothes won't be as high quality. That's what happened with Merida. She only came in her "Brave" box until they made her over with a glittery dress and lower quality hair (though some people might prefer the new hair since it doesn't have that glue stuff in it).

It would be horrible if they would put glitter on their dresses I hate glitter! I prefer dolls looking as much like the animated characters anyway. So maybe I should just buy these, since I do not have other animator dolls it would not matter much that the boxes are different. I do not understand tough why Anna and Elsa are in the toddler boxer but Kristoff is not. Strange lack of consistency.

My store didnt have them so I ordered both Tink and Kristoff online. At some point Ill have to go back and get the ones of the other characters I collect. Ive always thought they were just too cute.

The free shipping code helped nudge me into buying them instead of holding off.

I'm debating on Tinkerbell. She's not my favorite but the toddler doll is awful cute!

The Animator dolls were my gateway drug into Disney dolls.

They were the exact same thing for me. I don't think they're for kids. Not only am I an adult, I'm a guy and I have 2 of each DAC character they've released. I'm thinking I need to stop that soon...

Don't even get me started on the lack of consistency in the packaging! In 2012 the line was released in boxes that were a couple inches shorter than the first run, during which they released Boo and Merida, who are both clearly Animator style dolls. Merida's box was the exact same size as the first run of DAC dolls--while Boo's was about an inch wider! I guess it was to let her pigtails stick out at the right angle? The deluxe Cinderella set has the shorter box, doubly wide. But then the Ariel deluxe set is even shorter and about 2.5 boxes wide (I had to skip on that because there's no way to work it into my display).

Then they reissued the dolls this year, all with the shorter boxes but a new style, while at the same time they released the small world dolls--all with the taller boxes from the first DAC run. It's been a nightmare sorting out my display since it mostly consists of DAC dolls!

I like uniformity in my dolls, so this drives me a bit crazy. Did I make that obvious? :embarrassed:

They were the exact same thing for me. I don't think they're for kids. Not only am I an adult, I'm a guy and I have 2 of each DAC character they've released. I'm thinking I need to stop that soon...

Don't even get me started on the lack of consistency in the packaging! In 2012 the line was released in boxes that were a couple inches shorter than the first run, during which they released Boo and Merida, who are both clearly Animator style dolls. Merida's box was the exact same size as the first run of DAC dolls--while Boo's was about an inch wider! I guess it was to let her pigtails stick out at the right angle? The deluxe Cinderella set has the shorter box, doubly wide. But then the Ariel deluxe set is even shorter and about 2.5 boxes wide (I had to skip on that because there's no way to work it into my display).

Then they reissued the dolls this year, all with the shorter boxes but a new style, while at the same time they released the small world dolls--all with the taller boxes from the first DAC run. It's been a nightmare sorting out my display since it mostly consists of DAC dolls!

I like uniformity in my dolls, so this drives me a bit crazy. Did I make that obvious? :embarrassed:

But you display them so well we'd never have noticed :p

I love them too and I'm 27, although I'm not brave enough to take them out of the boxes yet so they are stored away. I have a 7 month old daughter who will get them one day but I'm dreading the day as these were the first lot of animator dolls so I know they aren't made any more :(

If I would buy all the dolls the lack of uniformity would drive me crazy as well, regardless of how small the difference.

The reason I feel like the dolls are more meant for children is because they are so huge. If they were smaller they would be easier to keep somewhere in storage. Even if you take them out of their boxes they take so much space. If I would buy one of these eventually I might wish to get them all and where would I find the room for them?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think these were created for kids. I just meant there's an appeal that transcends age. As far as the size goes, they take up a little less display room than the LE dolls--but, yes, they're big!!! For me that's a big part of the appeal.

But I digress. The boxes are so disappointing. Even aside from the size differences, I hate that Boo's box (for example) is black and sticks out so oddly among all the white boxes. It would drive you nuts! Not that I don't love my girls or anything...

But you display them so well we'd never have noticed :p

There are a couple areas of regret--I really hope no one notices them!!!

As for your 7 month old... Mmmmmaybe you could let them play with the reissued ones? lol

I could never find the Pocahontas from the first round of DAC. My fault I waited to late. I got snow, Rapunzel and jasmine the ones I liked best. I finally got the second Pocahontas but the front of the boxes are different and it bugs me. I know she is a different doll slightly too but I still like her a lot. I hope Kristoff's box matches hers at least so she won't be the odd doll out anymore. The boo box bugs me too! I want Anna now but I don't like her box. I'm hoping they make it into animator boxes. So I'll chill on that one for awhile.

I love the sketch art too! It's what first attracted me to them, I wish the back had more Princess/ doll specifics on the back.

That made me notice the dolls first as well, otherwise I might not have paid any attention to them. I was not still not going to buy them but then Anna and Elsa came out and looked so good, I have been wishing that they were put on the right boxes since then.

I was not going to originally buy any of the animator/toddler dolls since they seem to be more meant for children, but I have been thinking and they just look really good and Anna and Elsa were children in the film. I can just store them for my future children. Though it can be stupid to think that way, I might justify myself bying everything from Disney if I keep thinking like that.

This is the excuse I always use with my husband. Terrible reasoning but I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this way.

As of this AM Kristoff is on the us site. Im going to try my local store today to see if they have him first. I hate waiting and paying for shipping. If they don't hopefully he will still be on the site so I can order him. Just thought Id give everyone a heads up.

Thank you for posting this! I have been staling my local DS and they have Tink, but no Kristoff :(
Today at Downtown Disney we asked around and nothing either, I am sooo happy they have finally added him online! Thanks for sharing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back