• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion
Here is Ariel as Maleficent :) lol....

image_1352183981445899.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

And....Maleficent as Ariel lol

photo1-3.jpg

Great pics, ryn1690! Well, at least for Ariel in Designer Maleficent's outfit anyway! :p Ariel's red hair looks great against the black colors of the gown and cloak. Designer Maleficent in a mermaid tail and bra top? Ummmm... It's funny, but definitely not her best look!

Great pics, ryn1690! Well, at least for Ariel in Designer Maleficent's outfit anyway! :p Ariel's red hair looks great against the black colors of the gown and cloak. Designer Maleficent in a mermaid tail and bra top? Ummmm... It's funny, but definitely not her best look!

LOL I KNOW! but i didn't want to leave her naked

This is another one of my favorite dolls! Back in 2000 when the Disney Princess franchise was first created, the line up consisted of a few different characters. Esmeralda and Tinkerbell were once considered Disney Princesses. Shortly after though, the official like up was altered, and they were taken out. Leaving Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas and Mulan. (Who were later joined by Tiana and Rapunzel). A series of dolls was released though that featured Esmeralda and Tinkerbell with the Disney Princess title on the box! Sadly I don't have Tink, but I did manage to get Esmeralda.

tumblr_lu0og7jTfw1qgsmfro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_lu0og7jTfw1qgsmfro1_1280.jpg

@ryn: Lovely photos! And those journals look so nice, bummed I didn't pick one up when I made an order, shipping is way too expensive to ship here. :(

This is another one of my favorite dolls! Back in 2000 when the Disney Princess franchise was first created, the line up consisted of a few different characters. Esmeralda and Tinkerbell were once considered Disney Princesses. Shortly after though, the official like up was altered, and they were taken out. Leaving Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas and Mulan. (Who were later joined by Tiana and Rapunzel). A series of dolls was released though that featured Esmeralda and Tinkerbell with the Disney Princess title on the box! Sadly I don't have Tink, but I did manage to get Esmeralda.

tumblr_lu0og7jTfw1qgsmfro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_lu0og7jTfw1qgsmfro1_1280.jpg

Great pictures! Gosh how times have passed, looked at Ariel's tail on the box and Jasmine's outfit. Somewhere I hope some of the leading ladies like Esmeralda will be featured in a new designer collection series in the coming years. I've always felt the Hunchback of the Notre Dame's been neglected by Disney. What is such a hit and miss for them?

Somewhere I hope some of the leading ladies like Esmeralda will be featured in a new designer collection series in the coming years. I've always felt the Hunchback of the Notre Dame's been neglected by Disney. What is such a hit and miss for them?
Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of my favourite films, I saw it in my early teens in cinema and afterwards I couldn't speak! Literally blown away, such a great score and the first strong female character. I guess the story is a little dark in places and Esmeralda is more 'adult' than the other females. So good to see she was included in their initial lineup (even I'd stopped collecting at this time).

Hi guys new to the forum but I just have a question in relation to the Disney designer princess dolls. I just purchased a Mulan doll on eBay and didn't realise that the slip case was slightly damaged (the seller did mention this in their post). it appears that the damage may have been from shipping when the seller originally received it, creases in the top corner of the slip case like it had been compressed. I just wanted to know, will this affect the value of the doll? As I am contemplating buying another one that is not damaged but didn't know if it would make a difference or not I.e is it worth buying another doll because the slip case for this one is damaged?

I have a picture but I don't know how to attach it :S

Please note that the doll is in perfect condition and is new and never been displayed etc.

Hi guys new to the forum but I just have a question in relation to the Disney designer princess dolls. I just purchased a Mulan doll on eBay and didn't realise that the slip case was slightly damaged (the seller did mention this in their post). it appears that the damage may have been from shipping when the seller originally received it, creases in the top corner of the slip case like it had been compressed. I just wanted to know, will this affect the value of the doll? As I am contemplating buying another one that is not damaged but didn't know if it would make a difference or not I.e is it worth buying another doll because the slip case for this one is damaged?

I have a picture but I don't know how to attach it :S

Please note that the doll is in perfect condition and is new and never been displayed etc.

Welcome to DPF! :) To answer your question, it kind of depends on the buyer/collector. For a really hard-core investment collector, the slip cover's condition will definitely matter. But for a person who only cares about having the doll, they may not mind so much. To be honest, for all of my displayed Designer Princess dolls, their slipcovers are packed away in the shipper boxes. Some of my dolls' slipcovers do have minor creasing from the factory handling, but it does not bother me a whole lot, since I don't plan on selling my dolls ever. Keep in mind that among the Designer Princess dolls, Designer Mulan's doll tends to be on the lower end of the price scale, so it's really up to you if your slipcover bothers you enough to want to try to get another one.

Hi Shivatopia,Thanks for the welcome :)Thanks so much for the advice. I ended up just buying another Mulan doll that did not have any damage. It also had a smaller number too. I jut wanted my complete set to be perfect.I still had to buy the other one as I did commit to the buy. But like you said Mulan is on the lower end of the price scale. I do plan on selling the damaged one. Hopefully I can find someone to buy her from me as she is in great condition. It is a lesson learned though, make sure I read the description properly before bidding.

I bought the merida and elinor set. It is gorgeous. A lot more better , than the promotionnel pictures are. Here is some pictures.
You 'll see Elinor is going to try to hair dress Merida ^^
dscf4018.jpg

dscf4025.jpg
dscf4026.jpg
dscf4029.jpg
dscf4021.jpg
dscf4031.jpg
dscf4033.jpg

dscf4028.jpg
dscf4023.jpg
the last pics . Sorry, It's a lot of pics but didn't see a lot of them here
dscf4034.jpg
dscf4036.jpg
dscf4037.jpg

Last edited:
I won't dare to take Elinor's hair out. They are very very heavy and she has a lot of hair ( lot more than rapunzel herself only a bit shorter)

I also noticed that the merida from the set, seems younger than the other Merida LE. Her hair are also a lot more messy.
dscf4110.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you princess jasmine , at the begining, I wasn't thrilled about this set but I was so so wrong. It has so many potencial. Elinor is gorgeous and Merida looked more like a teen brat lol with her messy hair. Oh also, Elirnor's has silky sleeves under the big one one. The details are incredible, no sparky or wow, but very classy. I'm glad I changed my mind and bought it.

I don't think so Hlraikkonen, it's only like that because I cut the little red thinghie that attached the hair . Did you cut it? I'm glad you liked my pictures because it was yours which decides me to buy the set with some other things ^^

I don't think so Hlraikkonen, it's only like that because I cut the little red thinghie that attached the hair . Did you cut it? I'm glad you liked my pictures because it was yours which decides me to buy the set with some other things ^^

Aww thank you ! :roll: Yes I have cut it just recently and her ringlets seem shorter and less tidy than yours for sure!

Also I bought some doll stocking things on eBay and have given all my Meridas long white socks, with the Elinor set Merida even having some blue ribbon on like in the film! I will post some pictures asap.

yes once you cut it , it's a lot more " messy" and yes shorter ringlets, you have to play with them a bit and try to control it a little , until you find the right way to place them. her hair are wilder than the other merida LE. So play with it a little, at first it's a bit " ugly, very wild " but you can tame them. At least it's very merida hair style.
Will you take some pictures?Hlraikkonnen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back