• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Dolls Appreciation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally managed to get every limited Edition doll, princess designer and villains designer doll. It was difficult getting the Princess Designers as I had to get them off eBay and some were not cheap! But after 3 months of spending on these dolls I can finally give my bank account a well deserved break! LOL.

I am very excited though because I managed to collect them all and still remain within budget which is hard to do because I live in Australia and we don't even have one Disney store so everything has to be bought online and shipped :(.

However I do not have the Jack and Sally LE dolls nor do I have the D23 silver Cinderella. I don't really know if I want to pay for the Silver Cinderella though as it is currently going for a bit over a grand which I am not sure i would want to part with for the doll. I will be going to the D23 expo next year (flying all the way to LA just for it LoL). So hopefully I can bag some more limited edition merchandise at a reasonable price then!

I finally managed to get every limited Edition doll, princess designer and villains designer doll. It was difficult getting the Princess Designers as I had to get them off eBay and some were not cheap! But after 3 months of spending on these dolls I can finally give my bank account a well deserved break! LOL.
Gosh, that's dedication!
I don't collect them all as I'm quite particular as I already have a large doll collection, but am not a completist in any sense.
The only Designer Princess & Villain I have are Rapunzel & Mother Gothel. As much as I love TLM I couldn't justify spending the money on Ursula as she doesn't hold up to the one I've got and I didn't like Ariel's face, the DS sculpt is just off. If I don't like them the way they're made there's no point as I don't plan to resell.
Glad you are happy to have them :)

Haha thanks. I do understand what you mean. To be honest I guess you could say I am a completist but I just thought the dolls were amazing. So far they are the only doll type items that I collect. It is exciting though but I swear Disney will be the death of me haha.

i do hope they release something soon about TLM. I wish I could source out info myself to contribute more to the forum but like I said living in Australia where we have no Disney whatsoever it does make it difficult lol.

Oh dear, so my original intent when I started buying the 17" LE Disney dolls earlier this year was to only purchase the characters that I loved the most, due to the cost and the space needed for these lovely dolls. Well, the best laid plans of mice an men will all come crashing down again...

After my most recent vacation to Disneyland last month and then finally seeing Brave and then buckling under and finally ordering the LE Merida & Elinor doll set, I finally decided to fill in the final gaps in my LE Princess & Wonderland-themed doll collection. This meant getting LE Belle and LE Tiana, both of which have been selling for over $200 on the secondary market... :( Well, opportunities did come up, and I secured both at about the average going rates. LE Belle arrived on 12/12/2012 and LE Tiana is currently in transit to me. LE Merida & Elinor got snared in a weird tangled mess with DS.com, but I should be getting them sometime next week (that is a long story for another day).

LE Belle - (originally released in autumn 2010)

New, and a bit alarming... I really loved Beauty and the Beast a lot when it was first released, and then it eventually moved onto the back burner for a while for me, but I must say that recently Belle has been making a fairly strong comeback! I don't know if it's from meeting so many charming Belle character performers at the Disney parks, or if it's under the influence of some of my friends (for whom Belle is their favorite princess), or what. :) I did have reservations about getting LE Belle at first, too, but she has totally exceeded my expectaions and I can honestly say that she looks a lot better in person than in photographs.

Now, LE Belle is not new to this thread or forum, as we have seen some great pictures of her from DRJ1828 ever since last December, so I won't go over any of the general basics about this doll. The features that were on her that I had the most reservations about were: the shape of her skirt, the beading on the bodice, the rosettes on the bodice, her uncharacteristically long hair, and the way her face was painted. Again, I am pleased to say that most of my misgivings were unfounded, with me only holding on to maybe two of them now.

The beading on her bodice, both in front, at the waistline, and which make up the sleeves of her gown are not as cheesy as I thought they would be. They do look good with the ensemble, but more from a bit of a distance than up close. Upon close inspection, they do look like gold-colored plastic, and I think these would have been better in a more translucent topaz-looking bead or with a shiny gold-colored metallic bead, but they still do not look inappropriate to the overall look at all. The same type of beads are used for earrings and also a "chain" that encircles the base of her hair bun, so it is very fully-utilized and does not seem too random. I still think I would have liked to have had her with a clean, more simple bodice, but I can definitely live with the way it is.

Her super long (for Belle) hair is very uncharacteristic, and it would have been nice if they had styled her hair like it was in the film for the ballroom sequence (re: shorter and more styled). That hairdo in the film was so lovely in its simple elegance. That said, she still looks stunning with her long curling locks. DRJ1828's deboxed pictures of LE Belle really highlight how pretty her hair is. I guess the general assumption by Disney product development is that people want dolls with lots of hair. I can live with this look.

LE Belle's face conveyed an almost-worried expression similar to the 2011 Sparkle Belle play doll in all of the pictures I have seen of her. Perhaps if they had lidded her eyes a bit more like the Designer Belle doll, that could have been avoided so that her eyes would not appear quite so widened. It may also be in the way her eyebrows were painted, too. In person, that worried-type expression is actually not really there. The subtleties of her makeup shine through a lot better in person than cameras seem to be able to pick up. Go figure!

The shape of her skirt still does bother me a little bit. I would have liked her dress a lot more than I already do if it had been more bell-shaped instead of cone-shaped. If the skirt had poofed outward just a bit more at the waistline, as it does in the film, it would have looked more true to the time period and also more movie-accurate. On that note, the back of the box says this is based on 18th century French fashion, but Belle's dress reads more 17th century to me. 18th century French fashion is a lot more like Marie Antoinette or Madame de Pompadour (Rococo style), which has skirts that really stick out to the sides a lot more. The Baroque fashions of Louis XIII's time (c. 1610-1643) more accurately describe what Belle wears. I am a history buff, and that description kind of irks me (in the same way that they called LE Snow White's gown Elizabethan--try more like Napoleonic Empire...). On this point, the shape of her skirt is not a deal-breaker at all, but just a personal preference of what I would have changed.

The last point is one I still hold on to: the rosettes at the top of her bodice are just terrible. Rosettes would have been fine, but they would have needed to be a lot flatter than they are to look good from any angle other than a front view. From a direct front view, you do not notice how long the rosettes actually are, but when you look at her from the side, they look like a row of mini-flashlights (see below), which no woman would ever want hovering above or around her bosom. What were the designers thinking with this? Again, a clean straignt neckline would have been better, or a even a sweetheart neckline, but these rosettes are borderline tacky. The same style of rosettes are used at the points where the gold organza sash connects to the skirt, and they look fine there. The rosettes should not have been brought upward onto the bodice.

Overall, LE Belle is a very lovely doll, and I am really glad I finally broke down and got one for my collection. She looks very elegant and refined, despite the little things that I would have personally changed. She still captures the spirit of Belle, as well as the majesty of the ballroom sequence from the film. I do want to bring up one of my favorite things with this doll, and that is actually the red rose she is holding in her right hand. It is very well-crafted, and I love how it is not only made with a sparkling red fabric, but they added tiny red gems onto the rose petals as well. This may be the best LE doll prop in the entire collection to date (well, other than LE Merida's arsenal of weapons).

WONDERFUL review of LE Belle, Shiva! :) Your reviews always make for some good light (or maybe not so light) reading! ;)
You should write for a doll magazine or something haha, your descriptions are top notch! :) Thanks again for adding to this wonderful thread which is fast becoming a sort of doll review encyclopedia! :)

So with all of the anticipation for 2013's hopes for an Ariel merchandise bonanza, and also in celebration of actress/singer Traci Hines' beautiful new music video for her cover of "Part of Your World" (now on youTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o30kw8Zji0 -- I've been watching this video a lot in the past couple of days), I decided to finally do something with the Disney Parks Ariel doll I bought at WDW this past May. Recently, I bought a few of the Princess doll accessory packs, and one of my favorite gowns from them is the blue Tiana dress. Now, I don't have a play doll for Tiana (yet), so I decided to put Ariel in it, since it is a bit similar to the sea-blue dress that King Triton gave Ariel when he turned her into a human at the end of the film. Sure, it does not have the shoulder straps or the scoop-neckline, and it does have the blue sash around the hips area, but Ariel looks pretty darn awesome in it!

I did pin Ariel's hair back on her left side (the side with the starfish hairpiece) to make her hair look a bit more fancy and to try to give that side a more streamlined look. This was also to experiment on how I could go about to replicate Ariel's hairdo when she wears the pink gown in the film (though for that, both sides would be pinned back with decorated pearl combs or clips. Doll hair, unlike real human hair, is input with various hair plugs, so one must be careful which sections of hair you use to style the doll's hair. If you do it wrong, you'll have some very unsightly bald-like areas exposed. :( Luckily, with a little bit of manipulation, twisting, and a good clear rubber band, I was able to get the desired result for this project.

This is another Disney Princess dress up project (like Dark Rapunzel and Blanche de Vil). I really do enjoy dressing up my dolls in other outfits, even though chances are that these ensembles will not stay as their permanent looks in my collection.

I was unable to use one of my kaiser doll stands to hold her up, because this dress is very fitted from the bodice all the way down to her hips, so I had to use a more traditional Barbie doll stand. This was also less than ideal, since Barbie legs are just a bit longer than Disney doll legs, but at least I was able to get her to stand upright somewhat for the photo shoot.

Ariel - The Azure Siren - 01
by Princess.Aurora, on Flickr

Ariel - The Azure Siren - 08

Ariel - The Azure Siren - 05

Ariel - The Azure Siren - 03 by Princess.Aurora, on Flickr

Ariel - The Azure Siren - 04

"Thank you, Evening Star!" ... or do we really make our dreams come true with hard work and determination? Or maybe it's just luck? You be the judge! But in any case, I have finally caught up with the line of LE Princess & Wonderland dolls today with the arrival of my LE Tiana doll. She is definitely a doll worth having, and for me there are only a couple of things that I would have modified, but otherwise she is practically perfect!

LE Tiana - (originally released Spring 2010)

LE Tiana greatly benefits from being the second deluxe LE Disney doll after LE Snow White. A lot of attention to detail was poured into her design and creation. There is a lot of depth to her outfit, which is a fine replica of her fantastic Bayou Wedding gown at the end of the film. I know that a lot of people would love to see Tiana dressed in more than this outfit (myself included), but I reallythinkthat Tiana's wedding gown was a perfect selection for this doll.

First, let me get the two things I would have changed out of the way. These are not really cons, but they are things I would have changed to make her even better. I wish they had made her gown as poofy as it ought to have been. The South is well-known for having fantastic ball gowns with dramatic rounded skirts, and the design in the film draws upon this traditional fashion style. LE Tiana's dress has volume, but not quite enough. The second point is somewhat related to the first: the green leaf panels of her skirt are a bit too long. However, had her skirts poofed outward more, that may have hiked the green leaves upward more to look as they should. LE Tiana's gown does not appear to have been intended to be a variant of the movie design in the same way that LE Snow White, LE Cinderella, and LE Belle's gowns were made to deviate from their classic looks, so I do kind of wish that they did go all-out in making a perfect replica of Tiana's Wedding gown.

Now thereare many fine features of this doll that absolutely outshine the two points I outlined above. One thing I really like is the usage of color throughout her outfit. There are several shades of green, yellow, white, and cream
throughout her gown and accessories, embellished with trims and sparkly gems. I love that parts of her outfit use gradations of changing colors to add visual interest: her gloves and the white petals of her skirt. I don't think any of the other LE dolls utilize this color feature.

Her dress is made of layers and layers of fabrics: Pale green chiffon decorated with faux emeralds and diamonds (which do look like dewdrops), moss green satin, fancy textured dark green trim, white crinkled organza petals with green, pleated yellow tulle, and a full yellow fabric base skirt... This is a very fancy gown! In addition, she has a massive veil made out of glittered white tulle, which sparkles and shines in the light.

Her jewelry is very beautiful, especially her earrings and necklace, which feature beautiful pear-cut faux aquamarines. Her tiara is very sturdy, and actually includes the three stamens topped with tiny jewels in the center. The lily at her waist is decorated in the center with faux pearls, but it is a stunning artistic adornment in and of itself. It looks a lot better then the lilies that were made to adorn the Designer Tiana doll's hair and gown. LE Tiana's waist lily has numerous petals that are arranged to create textural depth, and not to just lay flat as it does with the Designer Tiana doll.

Tiana holds a frog Naveen in her gloved right hand, which is a nice touch, but actually makes no sense, because she never wore this dress when he was still in frog form. As it is, LE Tiana and frog Naveen look more like they are actually from the traditional tale of The Frog Prince, where the princess never turns into a frog. Actually now that I think about it, The Princess and the Frog is probably the fairy tale that Disney changed the most from its widely-known form: there's a prince who's a frog and the curse is broken with a kiss, but everything else is completely different...

Like LE Snow White, LE Tiana really looks like an expensive doll. I really wish that the doll designers would go back to this level of quality with their LE dolls. Certainly, with the hopeful future releases of LE Jasmine, LE Ariel, and LE Aurora, I hope that they can really bring back their "A" game.

2010 - LE Tiana 0485 - 14
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

2010 - LE Tiana 0485 - 04 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

2010 - LE Tiana 0485 - 07
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

2010 - LE Tiana 0485 - 09
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

2010 - LE Tiana 0485 - 10
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

2010 - LE Tiana 0485 - 08
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Last edited:
WONDERFUL review of LE Belle, Shiva! :) Your reviews always make for some good light (or maybe not so light) reading! ;)
You should write for a doll magazine or something haha, your descriptions are top notch! :) Thanks again for adding to this wonderful thread which is fast becoming a sort of doll review encyclopedia! :)

Thanks, Jasmine! :) I love photographing my collection, even though most of them stay in their boxes. It's also fun to discuss what I do love about them and also what I would have done differently. Nothing out there is ever 100% perfect, so it's a great excercise for the imagination to envision what could have been. It would be fun to compile all of my reviews some day! I actually want to revisit the Designer Princess dolls and see if any of my opinions have changed in the past year through follow-up reviews.

I got Tiana from DisneyStore and she was an instant must have for me; I went in store to look for a Tiana doll and I found her, loved her instantly. One of my favourites, great details, the petal leaf effects and wonderful shoes!

Your reviews are wonderful Shiva ! Now I want even more Tiana and Belle than before. But I just bought Rapunzel with long hair and Mother Gothel... Have to wait for a while before bidding on Evilbay to get them !
Congratulations on getting them, they're gorgeous !

Ahh you guys are so lucky! I love the 17" Tiana especially. Makes me wish I'd of known when they were released (only realised around the time of the Brave dolls). You have amazing reviews, and really cover all aspects of the dolls. :)

I unfortunately didn't start collecting the LE dolls until the Rapunzel bride came out....since then I've gotten Merida, Cinderella and Lady Tremaine, and am hoping to play catch up eventually by getting regular LE Rapunzel, Snow White, Belle and Tiana! But I am anxiously waiting to see what we get for Peter Pan, Aladdin, Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty!!!!!!! :anxious:

I have just started collecting dolls recently as a result I don't have a big collection. I have the Designer Evil Queen and Mother Gothel, the classic Disney store Mother Gothel and the LE 17 inch Lady Tremaine and my newly added Mother Gothel(guess you can figure out who my favorite character is :hsd:) I am in love with my LE Gothel doll she is so beautiful. She has been my holy grail for sometime now. I got her at a pretty reasonable price to seeing as how she is generally $500-700 second hand I got her for $300. Her face and hair are just too gorgeous and I love her cloak. I have her sitting next to me now as I type this lol. Tremaine was an impulse buy for me she is another big favorite of mine and it is so hard to find good merchandise for her compared to the other evil ladies so I splurged. The only other LE dolls I would really like to have are Snow White(tied with Gothel as the best one imo), Alice and Cinderella. I may try to get Cindy soon seeing as how she isn't too bad second hand but I am definitely going to wait on the other two haha.

For the Designer villains I would like to have them all. I especially wanna get Ursula and Cruella I hope they go back on sale eventually so I can nab them :D I have to start collecting more Classic Disney store dolls. I would also love to get my hands on those Mattel dolls of The Evil Queen, Maleficent, Ursula and Cruella posted earlier in the thread. I really like them all especially Ursula and Maleficent.

Hello Everyone,
I am brand new to this forum, though I have come across it many times. The reason for suddenly joining was this thread. Where I am, it is almost 5 AM, somehow I have pulled an all nighter going through every page of this thread. I love all the reviews Shiva has made! Obviously my favorite princess is Aurora, hands down. Recently I thought I had grown out of Disney, and was an avid collector of Monster High dolls, while my mother collected Barbies. Though due to a recent breakup, I sat down and rewatched Sleeping Beauty, OUaT (Also helped rekindle my love for Disney), and I read all the Grimms tales. Last time I was at Disney was probably when I was four, I don't remember much except Cinderella kissing me on the cheek. To follow the rules of the thread, I have quite a few favorite Disney dolls. My first official Disney doll was an Aurora doll, I have her somewhere, when I find her I'll see what year. Anywho, for Christmas I was given the Designer Maleficent, who I had my eye for. I teared up with joy! Though I passed on the Designer Aurora, I don't regret it. I wasn't pleased with how the dress turned out, it was too loosely fitted, and a bit drab. I hope to get her LE, which I heard was coming in 2016 opposed to 2014-2015. From the LE Diamond dolls, I fell for Cinderella, hard. Yet I didn't get her...shame on me. Overall, I wish I had gotten her and the Designer Grimhilde, due to her uncanny resemblance to Regina in OUaT (Hardcore fan). The only other Disney merchandise I own in some clothing and books. Though to my whole family realizes my sudden obsession, I recieved Funko Pop! Belle and the Beast:
7165332172_053e07e6f9_z.jpg

Not my picture, belongs to http://www.flickr.com/photos/charliemarlowe/
I also received the Squinkies Sleeping Beauty set, which I must admit is absolutely adorable (Though I wish Maleficent looked less...strange?)
newaurorasquinkies.jpg

Slowly I hope to build a collection, Though all I have is a destroyed Aurora, and a magnificent Maleficent.I hope to post pictures of her ASAP.
I am going to rank the girls, personally.
  1. Aurora
  2. Cinderella
  3. Snow White
  4. Rapunzel
  5. Tiana
  6. Belle (I used to like her more, but Emilie De Ravens portrayal of Belle made me like her less)
  7. Ariel (Used to be 9, until I saw that video from Traci Hines <3)
  8. Jasmine
  9. Mulan (I love the music from the movie)
  10. Pocahontes

I want to say thank you for a wonderful discussion, and amazing pictures! Also, excuse me for the large post!

Hello Everyone,
I am brand new to this forum, though I have come across it many times. The reason for suddenly joining was this thread. Where I am, it is almost 5 AM, somehow I have pulled an all nighter going through every page of this thread. I love all the reviews Shiva has made! Obviously my favorite princess is Aurora, hands down. Recently I thought I had grown out of Disney, and was an avid collector of Monster High dolls, while my mother collected Barbies. Though due to a recent breakup, I sat down and rewatched Sleeping Beauty, OUaT (Also helped rekindle my love for Disney), and I read all the Grimms tales. Last time I was at Disney was probably when I was four, I don't remember much except Cinderella kissing me on the cheek. To follow the rules of the thread, I have quite a few favorite Disney dolls. My first official Disney doll was an Aurora doll, I have her somewhere, when I find her I'll see what year. Anywho, for Christmas I was given the Designer Maleficent, who I had my eye for. I teared up with joy! Though I passed on the Designer Aurora, I don't regret it. I wasn't pleased with how the dress turned out, it was too loosely fitted, and a bit drab. I hope to get her LE, which I heard was coming in 2016 opposed to 2014-2015. From the LE Diamond dolls, I fell for Cinderella, hard. Yet I didn't get her...shame on me. Overall, I wish I had gotten her and the Designer Grimhilde, due to her uncanny resemblance to Regina in OUaT (Hardcore fan). The only other Disney merchandise I own in some clothing and books. Though to my whole family realizes my sudden obsession, I recieved Funko Pop! Belle and the Beast:
7165332172_053e07e6f9_z.jpg

Not my picture, belongs to http://www.flickr.com/photos/charliemarlowe/
I also received the Squinkies Sleeping Beauty set, which I must admit is absolutely adorable (Though I wish Maleficent looked less...strange?)
newaurorasquinkies.jpg

Slowly I hope to build a collection, Though all I have is a destroyed Aurora, and a magnificent Maleficent.I hope to post pictures of her ASAP.
I am going to rank the girls, personally.
  1. Aurora
  2. Cinderella
  3. Snow White
  4. Rapunzel
  5. Tiana
  6. Belle (I used to like her more, but Emilie De Ravens portrayal of Belle made me like her less)
  7. Ariel (Used to be 9, until I saw that video from Traci Hines <3)
  8. Jasmine
  9. Mulan (I love the music from the movie)
  10. Pocahontas

I want to say thank you for a wonderful discussion, and amazing pictures! Also, excuse me for the large post!

You and I are definitely on the same wave length! I soooooooo wish one day the DS would release a movie correct Cinderella with a silver dress and strawberry blonde hair, but alas -- with the "new look" that they think everyone loves, there is a fat chance of that I think. She is beautiful, but I wish she could have been truer to the movie. One day -- somehow, I'll get Snow!!!! She is my favoriote princess and she is gorgeous! I may have to save money for a year to buy her, but one day.... ;)

I can't wait for the Oz dolls! Gonna be awesome and I will get them ;)

Aurora....she is the one I'm looking forward to the most! Well her, Ariel and Jasmine 17"....I'm sure they'll all be gorgeous! Hoping the will give us a Peter Pan LE, but I bet it'll be Tinkerbell :(

@jrsinger78

I REALLY HOPE that when there is an LE Aurora doll they put her in a BLUE dress. I'm sick of having all the dolls in a PINK dress, when technically she wore the blue dress in the movie (and the pink for 2 seconds at the end) ~ who knows maybe they will have designed a pink/blue mashup dress. Blue with some pink crystals or something along those lines. I guess we can blame Cinderella, as they obviously didn't want 2 dolls with blue dresses when it comes to the singing & classic dolls (even though again Cinderella doesn't really have a blue dress).

I guess one of the reasons they tend to opt for the pink dress is potentially because the pink one attracts girls more? I like the idea of the dress very much, I guess we will just have to wait and see what's going to happen. Great to hear you are quite a new collector as well. I've only really started to get the attention since the end of this summer, but enjoying it thoroughly.

I'm really having a soft spot for the little mermaid, which has an LE doll coming out this year, which I am particularly excited about. In the last few weeks I've really gotten a huge interest in Rapunzel as well, especially since I've been able to buy both the designer Rapunzel and Mother Gothel, besides the Flynn Rider, Gothel and Rapunzel classic dolls. With the classic wedding Rapunzel and Flynn on order, it's just waiting for a mini Pascal and the collection gets on nicely :)

I'm not really sure about the Oz dolls in all honesty, I find the dolls looking too similar to the actresses who will play them, so I am not going to get into them.

Hello everyone, a couple days ago I posted a long reply, and I guess it didn't show up. Well, I wanted to introduce myself and say how much I love this thread, I had read every page at one sitting. It was a long all-nighter. Anywho, I just love all the dolls you all have posted, especially the LE ones, I was hoping to get Cinderella, but I didn't. Though I do own Designer Maleficent, and I love her. Other than her, I own all the dolls in the Signature Collection, Great Villain Collection, and Film Premiere. I remember Mulan's was posted, but Ariel's wasn't.
5420763083_b1ce5c6ba1.jpg

Not my Picture^^
Anywho, I hope to continue to follow this thread, and to be able to talk to all of you. Soon, I plan to post this little Belle doll I got maybe 10 years ago, and I have no idea where she came from. Also, I can't wait for LE Aurora!

Hello everyone, a couple days ago I posted a long reply, and I guess it didn't show up. Well, I wanted to introduce myself and say how much I love this thread, I had read every page at one sitting. It was a long all-nighter. Anywho, I just love all the dolls you all have posted, especially the LE ones, I was hoping to get Cinderella, but I didn't. Though I do own Designer Maleficent, and I love her. Other than her, I own all the dolls in the Signature Collection, Great Villain Collection, and Film Premiere. I remember Mulan's was posted, but Ariel's wasn't.

Anywho, I hope to continue to follow this thread, and to be able to talk to all of you. Soon, I plan to post this little Belle doll I got maybe 10 years ago, and I have no idea where she came from. Also, I can't wait for LE Aurora!

Welcome to our happy niche of Disney Doll fans! :) It looks like you have a fabulous collection already with the best of the Mattel/Disney doll collaborations! Like you, I had a dry spell of interest in Disney collectibles and dolls from the late 90s through the late 2000s, maybe? I had my older dolls from the Disney 1990s films (all taken out of the box, but still in top shape :) ) and the Signature Collection dolls of the three Classic princesses, but that was about it. When Tangled was released, I started buying the Disney Store's dolls and it kind of took off from there. The nail in the coffin, so to speak, was the release of the Designer Princess dolls at the end of summer 2011, and my wallet still has not recovered!

I really, really hope the Disney Store does justice to the future LE Aurora doll. Her gown, I am sure will be pretty. Pink, blue, both pink and blue, purple, or her Briar Rose outfit... I really don't care what they put her in as long as it's pretty and well-made. I suspect that she will be in pink, just because her marketing image is strongly in pink to distinguish her from Cinderella (who is marketed in blue, even though we have all questioned so many times why that is!). The major point I am really hoping they don't mess up is her hair! The "new look" Aurora's hair is just awful, especially with the removal of the curl in her bangs, and it's just so flat-looking. Aurora has those lovely flowing rounded curls and her signature bangs, which have been successfuly reproduced in doll form. Please, please, please, Disney Store! Return Aurora's proper hairdo to her!

Welcome to our happy niche of Disney Doll fans! :) It looks like you have a fabulous collection already with the best of the Mattel/Disney doll collaborations! Like you, I had a dry spell of interest in Disney collectibles and dolls from the late 90s through the late 2000s, maybe? I had my older dolls from the Disney 1990s films (all taken out of the box, but still in top shape :) ) and the Signature Collection dolls of the three Classic princesses, but that was about it. When Tangled was released, I started buying the Disney Store's dolls and it kind of took off from there. The nail in the coffin, so to speak, was the release of the Designer Princess dolls at the end of summer 2011, and my wallet still has not recovered!

I really, really hope the Disney Store does justice to the future LE Aurora doll. Her gown, I am sure will be pretty. Pink, blue, both pink and blue, purple, or her Briar Rose outfit... I really don't care what they put her in as long as it's pretty and well-made. I suspect that she will be in pink, just because her marketing image is strongly in pink to distinguish her from Cinderella (who is marketed in blue, even though we have all questioned so many times why that is!). The major point I am really hoping they don't mess up is her hair! The "new look" Aurora's hair is just awful, especially with the removal of the curl in her bangs, and it's just so flat-looking. Aurora has those lovely flowing rounded curls and her signature bangs, which have been successfuly reproduced in doll form. Please, please, please, Disney Store! Return Aurora's proper hairdo to her!
Oh my! My post ended up showing up, very sorry for double posting. I'm with you there, Disney just know a ways to reel us in! I don't like Aurora's new hairstyle, but I do really like her new face. I feel she will look fantastic!

5420763083_b1ce5c6ba1.jpg

Not my Picture^^

welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here. :) The Mermaid movie premier doll is absolutely beautiful isn't she? I have her here at home as well and have put her next to my designer Ursulla. They've changed position but this is a picture I've taken.

http://instagram.com/p/Sa791KOa0e/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back