• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
I just called DS.com and the announcement is on facebook now, I believe. All 5 dolls will be released in B+M stores in mid-October. Any remaining dolls [unsold] will be available online the next day.

..can you link me the information because mine isnt showing the announcement and I'm having a really hard time believing that

..can you link me the information because mine isnt showing the announcement and I'm having a really hard time believing that

Me too. There's nothin on the blog or the Disney Stores twitter about it either. The twitter does have a response saying a time for the announcement has not been made and then links back to the blog and facebook.

I know they can't make everyone happy, but if thats true I'll be mad, there's no store even close to me!

Me too. There's nothin on the blog or the Disney Stores twitter about it either. The twitter does have a response saying a time for the announcement has not been made and then links back to the blog and facebook.

I know they can't make everyone happy, but if thats true I'll be mad, there's no store even close to me!

I will be mad too because the nearest store to me is over four hours away one way.

Sorry. I can't find it yet on facebook, either. Don't shoot the messenger please. I'm only relating what the cast member at DS phone told me.

We aren't or I am not. I am just hoping that that cast member is wrong. It not like a Cm has been wrong before :shock:. Because lot of cast members from what I have heard have said different things. Just hoping is not true. To quote Luke Skywalker " No, No. That not true. That's impossible!!!!" or at least I hope so. :x:

Last edited:
Sorry. I can't find it yet on facebook, either. Don't shoot the messenger please. I'm only relating what the cast member at DS phone told me.

:) no worries about that wont ever shoot the messenger, I think the cast member you were talking to in this case was misinformed or maybe was talking about something else on a different line, or at least I hope so.

WoW, my girlfriend in the UK sent Ariel & Mulan to me on Wednesday and they were just delivered . Ariel is just so gorgeous . I'm glad I bent in the last minute and got my friend to order her . Mulan is my trader for Snow White as she should not have been released as a princess nor Poci . Sorry Moon Dance, I know she's a Native American Princess, but pooh, if they were going to do Mulan & Poci , what about Tink or as others said, Giselle .

Now are we still waiting to hear if Jasmine is being released at 3AM EST Monday morning ? :yawn:
I'll call my friend, see if she has heard anything .

WoW, my girlfriend in the UK sent Ariel & Mulan to me on Wednesday and they were just delivered . Ariel is just so gorgeous . I'm glad I bent in the last minute and got my friend to order her . Mulan is my trader for Snow White as she should not have been released as a princess nor Poci . Sorry Moon Dance, I know she's a Native American Princess, but pooh, if they were going to do Mulan & Poci , what about Tink or as others said, Giselle .

Now are we still waiting to hear if Jasmine is being released at 3AM EST Monday morning ? :yawn:
I'll call my friend, see if she has heard anything .

I am so happy for you!!!! :D You ,Tinker, are the 3rd guest i love (with Moondance and Shiva!!!) :D

If will be back all normal and they change just little things (the limit of 1 or something like that) and if
Jasmine will be really the next (i EVER think that) ... is 90% sure Rapy will be the next one! I cant wait if is like that!.... I just wait and hope and going crazy :( lol :(

Ok, this is the info I got from another CM manager ... as my friend is in California at a manager's convention .
There will be no doll release for Monday . The last she heard they ( Disney) does not even know if they will sell the rest of the line or if and when they will be re~released . She did say, part of the problem was Aurora shipped out by mistake to some, rather than Mulan . Now they have to do inventory . So, we should thank all these crazy evil bayers that went crazy on the dolls trying to make a few lousy dollars . Ruin it for everyone .

I'm hoping they will only sell one per order to each person . And hope customers will think of others wanting these gorgeous dolls and not their own pocket . I so wish they'd do it, 1 per family, but I know how hard that would be .
I think Rapunzel will be released the weekend of her crowning . What is that date ? I took notice, the other night at the store, that backstage we are getting a lot of Rapunzel banners, signs and new merchandise .
Your a genuis Rose, this is what Disney is up to ! Gives Disney time to reorganize stock and such and then Bam us with Rapunzel .

I just called DS on the phone again and she told me October 17th. All 5 dolls wil be released at the same time at the B+M stores .Any left will be sold online starting on October 18th. OK- so, again, don't shoot the messenger. Yes, I know! You're much too nice to do that and thanks!

Just remember, no matter what Disney does with the remainder of the dolls- they cannot please everybody!

I really hope they don't make it that they are available in the shops and then online a day later, there is no chance for people in the UK who can't get to London every Monday!

I'm hoping they will only sell one per order to each person . And hope customers will think of others wanting these gorgeous dolls and not their own pocket . I so wish they'd do it, 1 per family, but I know how hard that would be .
I think Rapunzel will be released the weekend of her crowning . What is that date ? I took notice, the other night at the store, that backstage we are getting a lot of Rapunzel banners, signs and new merchandise .
Your a genuis Rose, this is what Disney is up to ! Gives Disney time to reorganize stock and such and then Bam us with Rapunzel .

Some people says October 17 the 5 dolls will be sold in the Store and the next day online.. with a limit of 1 doll for person. PLEASE SOMEONE WHO HAVE A FRIEND GO AND TAKE RAPY FOR ME...I PAY HIM-HER!!! Because i have fear for the online dolls :( If is all is true...

I can't wait the OFFICIAL post and words.

But is strange...5 dolls in one day... the stores will be CRASHED UP ever and ever.... I think they will go out one week and restart with rapunzel or jasmine...for me. But ... who knows!! I am SO NERVOUS.

I really hope they don't make it that they are available in the shops and then online a day later, there is no chance for people in the UK who can't get to London every Monday!

Yes one day later the "last" dolls remained...and if DONT less ANY DOLL? The people who DONT LIVE in USA or London cant have the doll who want. Stupid think i Hope is all fake .... :( :( I going CRAZYCRAZYCRAZY CRAZYCRAZY !!!!!!! :( :(

Well then they received more information then us .:lol: If this is true, I am in big trouble . I can't afford Jas, Tiana (yes,decided to buy her) Aurora & Rapunzel at the same time .
They will not sell them only online . They will be in our stores, otherwise we'd be pulling the advertisements down for the designer line . We have signs to add too for when we finally get the cups, journals, etc that will be available for Christmas . What do you mean by a B&M store ? Been with Disney seasonal for 3 years and never heard that .
I need Rapunzel !
Hey, just got an idea :evil: my baby doll that would know is at a manager's Disney convention in Cali but .... Bwahahahahaha , I have her on facebook . I'll contact her , she'll know the Scoop if anyone will !

I know we are all anxious about finding out what will happen next, but I'm going to make a request here for all of us here on this thread: Please don't bother calling the Disney Store's Customer Service hotline for info. Call centers are notorious for giving inaccurate information. Part of my job is to verify patient medical benefits, and I am constantly catching CS representatives giving me wrong info, which I then have to turn around and prompt them to find the correct information. On disboards, someone supposedly spoke to a "manager from Disney Store headquarters" (their phrasing, not mine), who was spinning a bunch of weird info, including that: "The dolls are NOT going down to 4000. The last 2 were 6000 because they were going to be more popular and so they wanted them to be more rare." (Copied exactly from the post). We all know that Aurora is an LE 4000, due to the CoA of the error-shipped Aurora that is gracing eBay at the moment for the BIN price of $700. Also, there is no way that Disney would think Mulan would be more popular than Cinderella, Belle, and Ariel. That is ludicrous!

In short, the call centers don't know what's going on and should not be used as any sort of authority. Jim Fielding said he would make a formal announcement by today, so that's really what we ought to go by and wait for, however maddening it is.

Ok, this is the info I got from another CM manager ... as my friend is in California at a manager's convention .
There will be no doll release for Monday . The last she heard they ( Disney) does not even know if they will sell the rest of the line or if and when they will be re~released . She did say, part of the problem was Aurora shipped out by mistake to some, rather than Mulan . Now they have to do inventory . So, we should thank all these crazy evil bayers that went crazy on the dolls trying to make a few lousy dollars . Ruin it for everyone .

Thanks for the POS (point-of-sale) store update, Tink! Oh, and congrats on getting your Ariel doll! She is a beauty, isn't she? Anyway, I find that this info is much more credible than the call center reports, because the retail stores had to have received firm instructions on what not to do with the dolls (i.e. sell them), due to the delay. In a sense, I am glad that the Disney Store is aware of the Aurora/Mulan error, because I would hate to order an Aurora only to get a second Mulan. If anything, and this is my personal speculation, this may change whatever release schedule they had to put Aurora last to give them time to find out what they have. I also have faith that the Disney Store will sell the remaining dolls, but the real question is how.

The Disney Store President, Jim Fielding, has posted on his twitter account that the official announcement will come out later today - anything else is just speculation and should not be accepted as the absolute truth.

Well then they received more information then us .:lol: If this is true, I am in big trouble . I can't afford Jas, Tiana (yes,decided to buy her) Aurora & Rapunzel at the same time .
They will not sell them only online . They will be in our stores, otherwise we'd be pulling the advertisements down for the designer line . We have signs to add too for when we finally get the cups, journals, etc that will be available for Christmas . What do you mean by a B&M store ? Been with Disney seasonal for 3 years and never heard that .
I need Rapunzel !
Hey, just got an idea :evil: my baby doll that would know is at a manager's Disney convention in Cali but .... Bwahahahahaha , I have her on facebook . I'll contact her , she'll know the Scoop if anyone will !

B & M is Brick and Mortar (i.e. a physical store)

B&M - Bricks & Mortar, ie. a real shop as opposed to an online one.

I really can't see this making things better, best idea is to limit the dolls to one per customer. If they want to rerelease the other dolls with a higher limited edition, they could make a simple change like making the display case silver or another colour so the gold ones are more limited. Sure people might end up with a half silver, half gold collection but it's a workable plan IMO.

I am right behind you Rose, will fume if this actually happens!!

Neither of my local stores have any updates on the dolls, as they said all stores are waiting just as we are for the announcement from Disney's blog. I just called DS.com and they also said there are no updates available.

I also noticed that the banner on the DS.com website for the designer line no longer says "released every Monday through October 24th."

Shiva!!! Oh please,save me! Save me ... i am so nervous!! You and moondance are the only who calm my soul!!! :)
I listening "Once upon a time in N.Y. City"...ogosh... i cry... my dreams..my hopes... :')

Ah, Rose! Please do not fret! If there is a way to get your favorite, Rapunzel, I will do whatever I can to make that dream come true. She is being coronated on October 2nd, so Disney absolutely must sell her doll. Keep faith! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back