• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store 2013 Classic Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay Vanessa!!!! She's beautiful, I'll buy the whole gift set no matter what, just to get her. Any idea of how much this costs??? And is she purple-ish skin tone as someone mentioned before?

I don't care if it's me being picky, but because I have to pay such high shipping costs, I just expect product picture condition.
Especially after I asked them to add extra bubble wrap for protection (they just did air bags. no bubble wrap), you would think they would check the dolls first, as I said I was a collector.

Seriously they look worse in person than what my photos can show. Because you are looking at them constantly, it starts to bug you. It's like mistakes I would expect from Mattel, not Disney.

The box squishes both charlotte's dress & hair. Jasmine has this grainy texture all over her left eye. Merida's dress looks more bulky than in my 2 photos, especially if you compare her to my other Merida dolls that have no problems.
2iia337.jpg

2ppj094.jpg

13z07lw.jpg

OMG AWESOME! I wish they would release Vanessa solo. I can't fit a whole doll set in my display properly!

Oh my god! Those would drive me insane as well! I'm the same way with my dolls, which is why I will only shop in-store so I can pick them out. Although it's not always an option.

Agreed about the Venssa being solo! I don't care for getting Triton or Usula!

Sadly, I think Vanessa will be a gift-set exclusive doll for the time being, much in the same way that the Tremaines were only available in the Cinderella doll gift set last year. The Disney Store is well aware that a good number of us will buy the gift set just for the exclusive dolls... Personally, I am going to gift the dolls I do not need to my neighbor's young daughter to play with. I see myself keeping Vanessa and Prince Eric, as well as King Triton's trident (it is a bit of a potential hazard to an almost three year old and I could use it with another doll... :p ). As for the price, I would not be surprised if they slap us with a $79.99 price tag (the same price as the Cinderella doll gift set), even though there are only 5 dolls with no extra outfits or dress form...

Last edited:
Argh... my DS dolls arrived today. As usual there's a few threads poking out & a few hair's astray, which is normally the case (even on Elinor, whose hair is tied up).

Charlotte looks TERRIBLE. Her dress is crumbled in the box, as if the doll is too big to fit inside the box. The ribbons on her dress are crossed over each other & fixed in place. Her updo hair is MESSY & the fringe looks like it exploded. Her tiara is lopsided too. I like my 2012 Charlotte better.

Belle has scratches on her plastic chest, as if they had trouble getting the dress on.

Rapunzel looks cheap, as if they didn't put thought into the corseting of her bodice & just put a random bow up the top.

Merida's dress isn't on properly, it's lopsided on the collar, to which I can see the stitching inside the dress & it looks like it's two sizes too big for her waist.

I've never once said "I hate this doll & want to return it" but sorry Charlotte & Rapunzel, you have to go...
I would never pick up the Rapunzel doll in-person, that's for sure.

The only doll that arrived PERFECT with no loose threads randomly in the box, was of course Gaston. :)

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear about the poor condition of the dolls you ordered online! I also bought Gaston, Charlotte, and Jasmine, and all of my dolls arrived perfectly fine (no messed up hair or wonky arrangement of their clothes). How difficult is it to return things for you over in Australia? There are no retail Disney Stores there, right? :(

From the photo she does appear to have the same purple skin as Ursula.
Is it just me or does Vanessa have the same facemold as Ariel? Do you reckon that's intentional?

I think Vanessa's skin tone is more like Designer Cruella's skin tone (an inhumanly pale tone that is almost lavender) than play doll Ursula/Designer Ursula's purple skin. Vanessa does have the same head sculpt as Ariel, but her eye color is appropriately purple, her eyebrows are a lot meaner, and she has a different lip color. I am glad that Vanessa has her actual outfit (laced navy bodice & skirt), as opposed to that rumored white dress that the early report told us. It also looks like she has the same snail shell necklace that they used with Designer Ursula.

My Disney store dolls arrived yesterday, and I was a bit unhappy myself. My Charlotte doll was actually really pretty. I bought Ariel because she is my favorite
and I just had to have her with the new face mold. Although, her hair was a bit messy, I could tell it would bug me even before I un boxed her
Also she has a little green mark on her cheek i'm attempting to try to get off carefully. Also.. the glitter.. oh my gosh the glitter.. It got everywhere you cannot touch her without your hand full of green glitter. The doll itself is very lovely.. but did they really need to poor ten gallons of glitter on her tail?

The new 2013 singing dolls were at my local disney store...
They only had... Ariel, Cinderella, and Snow White.
I'm sorry I forgot to take pictures... D:

My Disney store dolls arrived yesterday, and I was a bit unhappy myself. My Charlotte doll was actually really pretty. I bought Ariel because she is my favorite
and I just had to have her with the new face mold. Although, her hair was a bit messy, I could tell it would bug me even before I un boxed her
Also she has a little green mark on her cheek i'm attempting to try to get off carefully. Also.. the glitter.. oh my gosh the glitter.. It got everywhere you cannot touch her without your hand full of green glitter. The doll itself is very lovely.. but did they really need to poor ten gallons of glitter on her tail?

They say that glitter is the Herpes of craft supplies.

Some DS products appear in store a week or two before they are available online. This was the case with the DS Tangled Ever After brunette Rapunzel & Flynn gift set (kinda annoying when you find your photo all over the internet and no one credits you) so not surprised that person has wrote all over theirs.

Making Vanessa from the Ariel mould was a good move, that's how it should be, although they could have half closed her eyes like the Designer Ursula. Glad she is in her first dress rather than wedding gown, I wonder if her hair is black or brown?

So who's going to take a pic of Vanessa and Gaston together? :lol:

That Vanessa looks so good. I am really happy that they are including her this time round, like Tremaine, even if she is an exclusive to the set.

OMG Vanessa!!! I'm so happy they included her! This made my day! I can't wait for the set to be released! She's perfect!

The new 2013 singing dolls were at my local disney store...
They only had... Ariel, Cinderella, and Snow White.
I'm sorry I forgot to take pictures... D:

Lucky! Lol, Could you Please Tell us If They Looked somewhat like last years please? :)
i Love Ariel, she's my favorite, could you please tell me if she had a dress or a fin? thank you :)

From the photo she does appear to have the same purple skin as Ursula.
Is it just me or does Vanessa have the same facemold as Ariel? Do you reckon that's intentional?

I always though Vanessa and Ariel had a similar look in the movie. I think it was intentional because Eric sort of saw Ariel when he was rescued so Vanessa had to look close enough to be plausible. She had different details but a similar silhouette.

Vanessa's dress does look like the bottom of it is pure white. :(

I wonder if her hair is black or brown?

I REALLY hope it is brown. She was the first beautiful maiden I remember from Disney who had real brown hair instead of blonde or black hair. Disney still has only one brown haired princess and only a few other animated leading ladies with brown hair (who are never really given any attention: Megara, Jane).

They didnt have gaston when I went to DS at Florida Mall :(! But I got him online woo :D! And the new Belle and a Talking Merida :D

Vanessa's dress does look like the bottom of it is pure white. :(

I REALLY hope it is brown. She was the first beautiful maiden I remember from Disney who had real brown hair instead of blonde or black hair. Disney still has only one brown haired princess and only a few other animated leading ladies with brown hair (who are never really given any attention: Megara, Jane).

I'd hazard a guess that her skirt is a pale blue color. Prince Eric's shirt is white and they do not appear to be the same color in this picture. It's a hard call, given that this picture has a color tint in it, due to the lighting. As for her hair, I would also guess that they would opt for brown. They had such a stink last year over the switched faces of Anastasia and Drizella, that I would hope that they would be more mindful about the obvious character details moving forward.

It almost looks like they are re-using the designer Ursula shell. I like that because it seems like an appropriate size.

I always though Vanessa and Ariel had a similar look in the movie. I think it was intentional because Eric sort of saw Ariel when he was rescued so Vanessa had to look close enough to be plausible. She had different details but a similar silhouette.

You are right. It was intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back