• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store 2013 Classic Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store 2013 Classic Dolls
I really love the mermaid sisters set... thanks for posting @ElysionsPrincess :D

Oh dear, is Disney getting so lazy that they can't even have accurate hair on the 6 inch dolls? D:

I remember an Ariel 6 inch 4 pack they had in the UK, with her and 3 other 'sisters', who were really just Ariel with different coloured eyes, tails, and hair :lol:

LOVE the clearer pic of the gift set w/ Vanessa! :D I hope we get more leaks of new dolls and merchandise soon! :D How cool would it be to be able to get a nice adult necklace themed on Ursula's shell locket? ^_^

And I cooooooould say something about picture stealing and sharing, but I won't... ;P

I got to order mine from a store that has them out already...unfortunately my stores are holding till July 8 but if you call around to see if they have them they will ship then to you! :)

Vanessa looks gorgeous! Too bad she's in that big 'ol box set. So what I'm hearing is that this will be going for $80? That comes to about $16 per doll :| Not too bad; only slightly more expensive than regular pricing!

How cool would it be to be able to get a nice adult necklace themed on Ursula's shell locket? ^_^

I've always wanted one. I hope that if they ever do one it is a quality piece of jewelry.

I WANT only Vanessa! $80 is so silly... but a solo 12" Vanessa release is so unlikely...
The only question is, do I hold out for a unconfirmed LE Vanessa & risk this gift set selling out?
I have no idea how long it took for the cinderella gift set to sell out online, but The Little Mermaid is more popular than Cinderella. I keep thinking that Ursula is so much more likely to be an LE due to popularity, but Vanessa is so much more practical producing it money-wise for disney. Perhaps a Vanessa LE will be made due to designer Ursula already being released this year.

I would rather buy LE Vanessa than a 12" doll in a gift set. I do wish she had her cape though... her clothes dare I say are a bit cheaply made.
Disney needs to be realistic. Most parents wouldn't want to spend $80 on a gift set.

Here's hoping we get a ACCURATE 12" wedding classic doll for ariel... They haven't made an 100% accurate wedding gown doll for anyone so far... not really.

P.S. The daughters of triton gift set is so disappointing. At least the Disney Fairies mini Gift set bothered with the hairstyles.

I could not agree more. I feel exactly the same way about everything you said. I really don't know what to do. I'm worried that if I don't get this doll set that I'll regret it especially since this is the only Vanessa doll that has ever been made so far.

Last edited:
I do want the Vanessa doll...but not enough to pay for it at cost...especially since I already have Ursula and would just donate the others.
Part of me is kind of kicking myself for not buying the Cinderella set when it went on clearance. All I wanted were the Tremaines...and it was reduced to like 30$...but I was like eh. Seeing this set...yeah...it would have to go on clearance for like 10$ simply because Vanessa's the only one I'd want.
But! Should they make a stunning Vanessa LE (which has actually considerably grown on me thanks to all of you people here), I'd look at my stuff and think it was neat. And so far, I'd think my collection's complete. ;)

Is the Vanessa doll purple? The pic above she looks the same skintone as Ursula, but the closeup shot of only her out of the box had a normal color.

It looks to me like she is more of an unhealthy pale color. I like that a lot. She is, after all, a half octopus creature that lives at the bottom of the sea that used dark magic to transform in to the appearance of a human being. I think this Vanessa doll is a nice success. I can't wait to see what becomes of whatever surprise release they do.
Could you just imagine? I hope they go all out and slightly over the top, no matter who they decide to make.

I think the photo was removed. I got a PM from Mermaids_grotto saying it was her friend's, and I did not know this :( I feel bad now. I think perhaps the photo spread and the friend was unhappy that she was uncredited. I wish I would have known who she was so I could give proper credit! I found it on Facebook and I originally thought it was my friend's picture.

Is the Vanessa doll purple? The pic above she looks the same skintone as Ursula, but the closeup shot of only her out of the box had a normal color.

In the released pictures so far, it's a bit hard to tell, but I think she may have a pale skin color more akin to the Designer Cruella de Vil's skin tone than Ursula's more purple skin tone.

By the way, DRJ1828 seems to have been able to obtain one of the Little Mermaid doll gift sets at a local Disney Store, so I would expect some pictures and reviews to be posted soon!

Last edited:
Disney Store Purchases - 2013-06-21

I got a boatload of newly released dolls from one of my local Disney Stores today, Friday June 21, 2012. My main goal was to get Vanessa in The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set. But I also got various other new releases, including Tonto, the Ariel and Sisters Doll Gift Set (7 minidolls), and various Classic Princesses and Sidekicks. They had Ariel in stock, but in my excitement over Vanessa, I somehow forgot to add Ariel to my shopping bag. They didn't have Cinderella yet, and I didn't see Jasmine, but didn't ask specifically for her. The Deluxe Doll Gift Set was $79.95, the Ariel and Sisters minidoll set was $39.95, Tonto was $24.50, and the rest were $10 each. I am truly happy to get Vanessa.
The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set consists of Vanessa (which the Disney Store has never made a doll of before), Ursula, Ariel as Mermaid, Prince Eric, and King Triton. Also included are small figures of Ariel's friends Scuttle, Flounder and Sebastian. All the dolls besides Vanessa are different from the previously released Disney Store dolls. Ursula and King Triton has small changes to their faces, and the Trident is a different design. Eric's has a new longer head mold and different face paint. Ariel has the new head and hair, but the old (2012) outfit and body. Vanessa has the same head mold as the Ariel doll (new for 2013), but of course different face paint and hair. She has pale purple colored skin, and the 2012 body, with fully articulated hard plastic legs.

Some general photos here, followed by Vanessa photos in a separate post.

Disney Store Purchases - 2013-06-21 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Purchases - 2013-06-21 The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Boxed - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Purchases - 2013-06-21 The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Boxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxing - Attached to Backing - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxing - Attached to Backing - Vanessa - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxing - Attached to Backing - Ursula - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxing - Attached to Backing - Ariel - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxing - Attached to Backing - Prince Eric - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxing - Attached to Backing - King Triton - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
Vanessa Review and Photos

First a review of the Vanessa doll, who I have fully deboxed, followed by some photos of her alone.
Vanessa, the human form of Ursula, is made into a doll for the very first time by the Disney Store. She is currently exclusive to the The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set. She is a 12'' fully posable doll made of hard plastic.

She has the same round head mold as the 2013 Classic Ariel doll (separately sold), and also the Ariel doll that is part of this set. Of course her face is painted differently than Ariel. She has big round violet eyes, which are glancing slightly to her right. She doesn't appear to have any eyeshadow. She has 6 short thin eyelashes over each eye. She has long thin arched dark brown eyebrows. Her right eyebrow is more arched than her left, which is a nice touch. Her cheeks are lightly blushed. Her bright red lips are forming an open smile. Her facial expression has a cunning, seductive, come hither look, which is re-enforced by her beautiful eyes and smile. Since she has the same head mold as the Ariel in this set, she is like Ariel's evil sister. Her face and body have a very pale pinkish purple skin tone. In certain lighting conditions, it looks grey, and in others, it looks pale pink.

She has lovely medium length dark brown hair, ending in soft gentle curls. Her hair is smooth and soft, except for the hair around her face, which is kept in place using gel. In the box, her hair was flattened and tied to her body. It was easily evened out using my fingers, and frames her round face very well.

She has a simple dress made of purple satin. The dark purple bodice is sleeveless, with straps over her shoulders, and a V-waist. There is also a small V panel of light purple at the top. Her floor length skirt is single layered, hemmed light purple satin that is very shiny. Her purple outfit is a good match for her purple skin.

She has the same body as the 2012 Disney Store Classic Princess dolls. She has jointed neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees and ankles. Her legs are of smooth hard plastic. Her feet are slightly rubbery, so they can fit in high heeled shoes, as well as the included flat shoes. She has the same defects as all the 2012 DS Princess dolls. Namely, that her legs tend to be bowed due to her hinged knee joints, and she has to sit with her legs spread far apart, due to her hip joints. But her ankle joints allow her to stand barefoot or in flat heeled shoes with her feet flat on the floor, or to wear high heels, equally well.

Her one accessory is a necklace with a golden conch shell (holding Ariel's voice), made of plastic and on a dark purple string, tied in the back. The conch shell is the same as the one that Designer Ursula wears, although Ursula's was on a golden chain.

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxing - Attached to Backing - Vanessa - Portrait Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Vanessa - Deboxing - Removed from Backing - Skirt Lifted - Midrange Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Vanessa - Deboxing - Freed from Packaging Restraints - Lying Down - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Vanessa - Deboxed - Standing - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Vanessa - Deboxed - Standing - Portrait Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Vanessa - Deboxed - Standing - Portrait Right Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Vanessa - Deboxed - Standing - Portrait Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Vanessa - Deboxed - Standing - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Vanessa - Deboxed - Standing - Midrange Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Vanessa - Deboxed - Standing - Closeup Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Disney Store - First Look - Vanessa - Deboxed - Standing - Skirt Lifted - Full Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Thanks for sharing these amazing pictures of Vannesa, DRJ! Your review was great as well. It's kinda a shame we need to spend $80 to get this amazing Vanessa doll. But she's really well done, I can't wait to get mine!

Wait until Black Friday or Cyber Monday to buy this set. There will be coupons for the Disneystore and there will be a huge sale. You will get the set for a more reasonable price. I want the set now but I also don't want to spend $80 on it.

Wait until Black Friday or Cyber Monday to buy this set. There will be coupons for the Disneystore and there will be a huge sale. You will get the set for a more reasonable price. I want the set now but I also don't want to spend $80 on it.

I am thinking the same thing, but also didn't they make more of the Cinderella set because of the stepsisters face switch issue? There may not be as many of these sets as there were of the Cinderella and I don't want to try to predict the pattern based on it because of the different circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back