• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway - Bonus Giveaway #2 - PRIZES SHIPPED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway - Bonus Giveaway #2 - PRIZES SHIPPED!
A bit of comparison between the two.

34b55498faff7453b40c34b5ce2fc1d3.gif

01b2a1d4b92997ceca57edd192c90352.gif

And an honorable mention...
c0b6ee0c144949997531ec4d90d40c0e.gif

Oh My Gosh....

First, @starry_solo, an "Absolutely Perfect" choice for the Theme. And TySVM for running this game.

Mary Poppins is my ALL TIME FAV Disney Movie. And I'm reading, I'm not alone on that choice.

And, you're All Rockin' It with the Entries, and stories.

I've already got goosebumps; swelling up, and Great memories, from the entries so far. I'm looking forward to this next week to see what else you all can come up with.

Btw, I Loved, "Saving Mr Banks."

Actually saw it on Christmas Day. Here's a little story. My husband and I took my mother-in-law. So there were three of us. There wasn't three seats together. So my husband and mother-in-law sat together, and I sat by myself. I was going to be sure I saw the movie that day!

And, needless to say, I absolutely Loved "Mary Poppins Returns!"

So, I'm all up for gif's from Saving Mr Banks and MP Returns, too!

I am so Happy to see that the theme is welling up in all of you, as it is with me.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

One of my all time favorite quotes:

Mary Poppins: You know, you *can* say it backwards, which is "docious-ali-expi-istic-fragil-cali-rupus" - but that's going a bit too far, don't you think?

Bert: Indubitably!

There is a funny story on a Sound of Music BTS . . .and the actors playing the Von Trapp children said that Julie Andrews entertained them off set by teaching them Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. They thought she made it up for them, as Mary Poppins hadn't been released when they were filming TSoM. :)

And you'll achieve that sense of stature
As your influence expands
To the high financial strata
That established credit now commands

The whole idea of bank directors hardcore pressuring a kid to invest a tiny amount of money by singing fancy terms he won't understand is hilarious to me.

:D:D
And you'll achieve that sense of stature
As your influence expands
To the high financial strata
That established credit now commands

The whole idea of bank directors hardcore pressuring a kid to invest a tiny amount of money by singing fancy terms he won't understand is hilarious to me.
But it made him rich and saved the family house! :D

AQHy5N.gif

Always loved this little guy!

Fun memory: I remember when the pins for Mary Poppins returns were coming out for DSSH, and I said I was hoping for a surprise pin with a fox on it, and low and behold, that’s exactly what came out! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D:D
But it made him rich and saved the family house! :D

I always wondered what type of investment that in 20-30 years, can grow two pence into a house saving amount. None of the investments in the song would have worked. Some were way too safe (ex. self amortizing canals), some were a couple hundred years too late (ex. tea plantations), some were too early given that it's a time period without derivatives (ex. forclosures). Shipping may have worked for a few years but then the Titanic sank which killed consumer confidence in the industry. To make this work I think the bank must have bought stock in oil, steel, refrigerator and/or telephone/radio companies on margin and then short sold stocks as the market was collapsing. Then maybe the tidy sum would have allowed him to refinance the home rather than pay off the entire debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back