• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DS AP sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS AP sale

breagirl

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Even though I've been collecting for a few years, last year was when I really learned about the DS pins and the whole AP pin sale. Can anyone tell me when this sale typically is and how it works? Is it only pins that have been released in the last year? Is it pretty easy to trade the pins if you don't get a theme you were wanting? Do they sell out quickly? how much?

Sorry for all the questions, but I saw it mentioned somewhere else and it reminded me to find out all the info so I can be prepared :)

Nobody usually has any idea when they are going to go up. I want to say they have only done it 4 times in recent years?? I could be wrong on that though.

They do sell out VERY VERY FAST! Last time they were 69.95 per mystery set where you get the black, silver and gold of that one pin. When they do it again it will be pins since the last time they did it. I would look back and check the date of the last AP sale and then see what has come out since then to see what you may be able to get.

Trading wise... I don't know... some are great but when you get that one pin that has sat on the site forever and nobody wants it makes it really hard to do much of anything with. If nobody wanted the normal version, nobody wants it just b/c it is an ap either...lol I ordered 4 sets last time and got one really great set, two that were ok and one that was pretty crummy.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Typically the sale in around June or July (correct me if I'm off). The APs are a 3-pin set (gold, silver & black) ranging from current DS releases to older DA sets. How fast - depends on who's watching out there - can be a few days or one year they went in under 5 minutes. A lot of us cried that day :lol: Are they easy to trade? It depends on the demand for the theme.

I've never heard of this either. So DS sells these on their website? Is that how people have been getting them into their collections?

Usually if you watch the DS.com site on Sunday nights you may see them pop up. I think ONCE they sent out emails letting us know they were coming up?? Yes, that is how people were getting the ds and da pins in the last few years. They started out at 49.95 per set but were up to 69.95 last time. You have no idea what you will get so it is a gamble for sure. I bought twice, once I ordered 2 and the last time I got 4 of them. It is fun but can definitely get costly and be upsetting when you get those unwanted pins...lol I don't think anyone got any DA pins during the last AP sale though so I assumed they ran out of those and it was just recent ds pins now but I could be wrong there.

Usually if you watch the DS.com site on Sunday nights you may see them pop up. I think ONCE they sent out emails letting us know they were coming up?? Yes, that is how people were getting the ds and da pins in the last few years. They started out at 49.95 per set but were up to 69.95 last time. You have no idea what you will get so it is a gamble for sure. I bought twice, once I ordered 2 and the last time I got 4 of them. It is fun but can definitely get costly and be upsetting when you get those unwanted pins...lol I don't think anyone got any DA pins during the last AP sale though so I assumed they ran out of those and it was just recent ds pins now but I could be wrong there.

So, it's random what you will be getting?

Wow, I had no idea this even happened. Big props to Breagirl for asking the question, and to those who were so kind to answer it in detail. Thanks!

-JD

I did get a DA 45th Anniversary Alice Tea Party set last year. I almost kept it, but remembered I don't collect Alice -- after much whining, cajoling, wooing, and more whining, a fellow pin-addict convinced me that she had a very LOVING home, where the said set would be properly worshipped. :rofl: Not long after that, pin karma struck and I ended with my much yearned for DA Halloween Movie Poster set!

Last edited:
So, it's random what you will be getting?

Yes! You take a real gamble with it but it is super exciting to anticipate what may be coming. It could be anything from an le250 pin to an le 300 jumbo to one of the le100's from a set. If you get REALLY lucky you may get an old Disney Auction pin but I have not had that luck myself...lol :)

I may have to plea for help when this happens again as I strugle to pay on the American DS website I wounder if they will ever do this for some of the Uk pins :) I can only live and hope :)

Probably not, moo moo! Its disappointing really, as you can get some really good pins here but the seem to be outweighed by the crap pins. But then again we seem to be getting lower addition sizes, better characters and all at a good price (although they should do something about the postage on the website). So no AP's for us :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back