• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Academy Award Releases - who wants what???

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Academy Award Releases - who wants what???
Thanks for saying that and you are right it is quite a bit of work and stress maybe even a bit more than I anticipated. But I really appreciate your kind words!! And yes my bday is on Sunday so thank you! :0)

SUCCESS!!!!

pinsdsf002.jpg

Ok All Not only did I get all of the pins that everyone one ordered and paid for I also got ALL of the pins on the waiting/try list!!!! I am super exhausted since I did not sleep at all last night so I am in no condition to do math. But I will pm waiting list/will try people the totals by tomorrow night.

I also got a few of the Surprise Pins. 2 Chip n Dales and 1 Jessica.

Kidup - Since you asked for the surprise pin I will give you dibs on 1 pin of your choosing. After that the other 2 pins will be up for grabs on a first come first serve basis! So who wants them??

Also I bought an extra Jessica trophy if anyone is interested. Please don't pm me just respond here :0)

Last edited:
HUGE THANK YOU to GLOOMY and TALESOFTOBV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not have done this without you two!!!! Thanks for the help buying the pins, the trades, and the laughs!!! Hope to do it again!!!

Last edited:
I am only going to do 1 per person. So after kidup decides then JessicaRules Pmed me - but only about jessica pin. (if kidup doent take that one.) So Niknaxx you will get one just not sure which one. Once I hear from kidup we can move forward. Also not sure if JessicaRules will want one if the jessica is taken. So let me figure out all the facts :0)

Since I don't know as she'll say it herself, I feel like I should note that Caligirl really worked her tail off to make this happen. Alot of people that were planning to help sadly wound up absent from the event, due to illness and travel issues: but Caligirl managed to get the job done on sheer grit and charm anyways. From making new friends before the store opened, to soliciting total strangers who weren't even into pins to get the last few (haha, seriously - she did that), she really pulled out all the stops to take care of everybody. She was awesome, and even helped me out as I tried to nab a couple extra Jessica surprise pins to trade. I think that makes me Number 15 on the list of people that owe her a thank you, which is really a ginormous list. @_@

Thanks, Crystal! You were stupendous.

-JD

Wow!! That is sooo awesome! Thanks for all of your effort! If any of the surprise Chip n Dale pins are not spoken for, I would love one.

crystal, seriously, you rock. i am so sorry again that i couldn't go and help you, was super bummed about it, but being majorly sick with a fever wouldn't have benefitted anyone :(

crystal is definitely one of the rare ones out there that will do everything she can to help others out, so HUGE kudos to her, and to Gloomy and TalesofTobv for helping her out. high five!!

You guys are all sooo sweet!! Thank you for all of your kind words. Wanted to let you guys know that I slept for 2 hours and am now ready to do math - lol . . . so you should be recieving pms soon!!!

Wow that's quite a haul Caligirl! That was really sweet of you to do that for so many people & you deserve lots of good trading karma for all your effort!

How was the event itself? I wanted to go but had to work & was going to try to head over there afterwards, but had to work late & didnt feel like making the drive in the rain.

The event itself was pretty cool. Lots of great people!! There were two pin boards that anyone could trade 2 pins at a time. They were mostly HM's and rack pins and all of the CM's were wearing lanyards. They also had the LE barrel where you could trade any LE for a mystery bag that contained a different LE. It was great!! There were probably about 40-50 people who showed up and so for my first one I am glad it wasn't hundreds!! :0)

weRsiamese - not sure if you saw my earlier post, but I do have an extra jessica trophy if you would like it. ;0)

Last edited:
Caligurl: I bow down to you in amazement. Not only because of the sheer magnitude of pins you got, but because of the size of your heart. You are, in my book, AMAZING!!!!!!! I second that DPF community award. I pm'd you about the surprise pin!!!!!! lol im so happy. A million thank you's :)

EDIT!! lol And thank you to GLOOMY and TALESOFTOBV

Last edited:
Tales was really helpful; I was moderately helpful at best. And Tales also helped me nab another Jessica Surprise pin, so I owe her a big thank you as well. Between Tales' frequent trips to the DSF for regular releases, and Caligirl's ridiculous effort for this event, I think I've been inspired to follow in their footsteps and start doing the same. Both ladies have done alot of work to help alot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back