• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! EULOGY OF A ZAGFISH -- Courtesy of Team RKB!

ZAPPED! EULOGY OF A ZAGFISH -- Courtesy of Team RKB!

Zagales14

Duke Alex, Master Zapper
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
There were once two great zappers, Docfish2u and Zagales14. They decided to work together, mutating into a dreaded creature that would rule the waters of the world -- and the lands too! Upon the mutation, a Zagfish was born! Despite the people's efforts, the Zagfish could not be contained (and be careful, since there will still be residuary effects that lie within the hands of USPS). One day, a zapper of equal potential, posted a warning -- something along the lines of: You will hear the whoosh all the way in Arizona. However, this zapper's plans were minuscule compared to those of his other half (better half?! :lol:). These threats did not for a moment faze the ZAG part of this fish... until today...

Team RKB killed the Zag part of the fish -- so there's either just a fish swimming around somewhere, or nothing at all. If I had to guess, I would say nothing at all -- because the zap I just got, or better yet, the ZAPS I just got -- they are EPIC my friends. EPIC as in I don't stand a chance. As in I'm still just learning, as in -- one day, just ONE DAY, I hope to be able to do, to a small degree, what team RKB has done.

I'm not about calculating costs or anything like that with pins in this hobby -- but just to put this in perspective -- Team RKB must have spent over $350 in shipping alone!! And the quality of the pins they are sending out -- I wouldn't be surprised if the totality of this zapping spree exceeds $5K.

We have a lot of thanking to do, and I will be happy to do my part:

Darris, Angie: When I learned about this set, I never thought I would see it, much less own it. It's the type of set nobody in their right mind would break up, and the type of set that would attract collectors of not just pins, but Cars in general, which probably makes the availability and edition much more limited than pins just purchased or obtained by pin collectors. I didn't know what to say or do when I opened the box. I still kinda don't. My single #1 grail for a single pin is the Cars Marquee. My ultimate grail is this set -- 11 grails, all in one box. They are amazing! A-MAZING!

So thank you! Truly, thank you! As competitive as I am (and like David, I don't say this much), you win! It's not even close. Hands down, obvious obliteration. You left me speechless, you put tears in my wife's eyes, and joy in my son's face, who quickly lined up his Ramone die cast cars by the box! I don't what else to say to express our gratitude, but I hope you know how truly heartfelt this zap was!

Thank you!

photo3_zps99de65d4.jpg

photo4_zpsc529019d.jpg

:O!!!! Super congrats to you!!!! So sweet of Darris and Angie ^_^ I think team RKB is definitely the winner of this war hehe!

Holy moly! I never even knew this set existed, but it is SO EPIC! Congrats to you. Team RKB certainly left us all in the dust. :)

Omg... those are so cool!! Congrats Alex!

You know, you are so right. It's not only the sheer quantity of pins that they are sending out but also the amazing quality of the pins they are sending also. I mean the pin they sent me is completely amazing and not an easy pin to get. I'm sure that set they sent you wasn't cheap either. I am totally amazed and speechless!

Last edited:
Alex, are you still mad at me for not telling you what you had coming? :lol: Why would I ever ruin the surprise?

Now speaking for myself and I am guessing probably you as well, just because we admitted defeat to the Wax family does not in any way mean anybody else is safe. Zapping will continue!!!

Congratulations my friend!!!

Alex, are you still mad at me for not telling you what you had coming? :lol: Why would I ever ruin the surprise?

Now speaking for myself and I am guessing probably you as well, just because we admitted defeat to the Wax family does not in any way mean anybody else is safe. Zapping will continue!!!

Congratulations my friend!!!

Oh I wouldn't have told you either!! Haha!! And the zapping will not stop - ever... at least as long as I'm around... and I know the same goes for you!

Holy schla-MO-ley, as Calvin would say! Those are some gorgeous pins!! Congratulations, and my hats are off to all you crazy zappers!

Another one bites the dust.

The pins are spectacular! Really a Foose/Disney combo is deadly, no wonder you pulled the white flag. Congrats on the gift of a lifetime!

Holy Moly! What an awesome zap. They are so pretty and the cars are too cute. Congrats to you Alex. You truly deserve it. Thumbs up to Darris and Angie for their generosity.

I can't think 2 more deserving people than the Zag & Fish. This is pin karma at its best. Congratulations on your epic zap :)

I can not believe that "Zagfish" would EVER admit defeat! And David YOU call yourself a KNIGHT? A KNIGHT would NOT admit defeat! A KNIGHT would find a way to prevail! I am disappointed at how easily the two of you gave in. I am starting to think you are not great at all just normal guys that send out zaps to put smiles on the faces of many members... LOL... OH THE TRAGEDY OF IT ALL!

Now that that has been said... HOLY MOLY WHAT A ZAP! That is a beautiful set! Darris and Angie really went all out for both David and Alex and many others on this site (me included) and deserve all the praise they get. It is a wonderful thing they have done.

All four of you are wonderful to bring so much happiness to so many on this site. We are all blessed to have the four of you here on DPF!

Last edited:
Back