• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: FINAL HOURS - Designer Villains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: FINAL HOURS - Designer Villains
The only set I could imagine people going more crazy for is if they made a Designer Movie moments pin where they had the Designer Princess dancing or playing out a memorable scene from their movie with a designer prince. That stuff would be crazy <___< but enough off-topic stuff, I think we could probably bring this elsewhere lol xP

You called me a shark. You did. I saw it.

...I'm telling!!

Get over it. LOL

as to rule changes. I rather doubt any auction will ever be this complicated again. But it does bring up several potencial complications in our auction system. (this is where Grim groans and mutters, "Pixies going on about auction rules again." complete with eye roll.)

For instance:
  • multiple pin auctions complicate things, and make it harder for bidders to understand. Since everyone compares our auctions to ebay, lets take that for an example.... On ebay its one bid, one item, even if the seller has multiples of the same pin. You dont get to auction several different items, and have people bid on different items on one listing. So here, we should only be doing one pin or set per "listing". These auctions where you can choose one, two or the whole set get needlessly complicated. One item for bidding per listing. People bid on a pin, or a pin set, not either/or.
  • Competing auctions. Its hard to avoid the occational occurance of 2 or more listings for the same pin in auction house. We auctioneers might be typing up the listing at the same time, or (I did this once) not have noticed a pin was already up for auction before listing it. It is best to only have one auction for a specific pin or set of pins running at a time. PODM's would be an exception, since every scene is different.

anyway... this is an auction, not a chat thread. hahaha..... Theres another one for the rule book. minimize non-auction related chat. :facepalm:

First off... The comments placed above are pretty unfair to Grim and myself and really stinks... We both could have easily sold our sets like soo many others and gotten the money for them that the market set, but we both decided to give other members here on the forum a chance to not spend $800 and get these pins... We tried to make things fun and different, but due to life and priorities far more important than pins we are now getting blamed for people being forced to overbid??? No body is ever forced to bid or to even participate in an auction... You choose to do so... And to say we forced you to overbid because a leader board was not posted is ridiculous.... The rules are stated in the DPF guidelines a leader board is not mandatory... I posted as often as I was ale to post my leaders... If there was a bid that was better than one I had, I claimed it as I said I would... Every time... Not a rule, but I provided that information every time there was any change in leaders.... None at the end, because no bid was better than what I had already... Not our fault, we liked the bid from Mad_For_Alice better... Then to receivePM's regarding our decision and comments putting other members down... Really people... I am frustrated with grown ups acting like children and it sucks for those who do what we can to try to help others... Mad For Alice wins my set and to those of you who feel I am unfair in what I do... Then please stay off my auction threads and bid on someone else's items...

While I don't know who or what was PMed to you, I did not feel what people posted was meant to be negative towards you or Grim. And yes leaderboards are not mandatory, however helpful to know where one stands. I can only speak for myself, but when I mentioned over bidding, I feel like if you don't know where you stand and you're bidding against your own bid than indeed that is overbidding. Is it a choice that we made, yes, I didn't think that anyone was pointing a finger at either of you saying that you orchestrated it. People vented their frustrations and their concerns, I'm sorry that you feel like they were insults being hurled at you, I'm sure that is not what anyone meant. Was having the auction thoughtful sure, was choosing who you did thoughtful too, of course, but just as you could have sold the set for $800 on ebay so could everyone who very generously bid on your auctions could have done the same with their pins to then buy the pins you auctioned. Auctions, whether here or on ebay are mutually beneficial and can also be detrimental to either party, one could auction a pin and not get any bids, or not get the dollar amount wanted or on the opposite end one could spend more than they probably should have because they got caught up in the moment, but at the end of the day both parties knowingly entered into an agreement. I think that people bid very generously but if they hadn't you would have still had to pick a winner, and that would probably bum you out, so I don't see why someone can't be bummed that they don't know whether they're winning or losing or if they need to up their bid or leave it. These auctions still exist in murky waters so I don't think it's unreasonable that people get frustrated, but that is not a reflection upon you or Grim. And none of us are mind readers, while you may have not changed your mind as to who the winner was, none of us knew that.

Congratulations on your win and Mad_for_Alice's, she certainly is deserving.

No body is ever forced to bid or to even participate in an auction... You choose to do so... And to say we forced you to overbid because a leader board was not posted is ridiculous....

I have to agree with this. Overbidding was a conscious decision made by those bidders, and in no way any fault of Grim or Goofy_Moe. This was a very fun auction to watch (in part, because I didn't want these pins and could just sit back and watch), and a bit scary if you think about the cumulative costs of the bidded and offered pins!

One bit of good news—at least the nasty comments about fellow bidders were kept to PM. I'm sorry Grim/Goon have to read them, but at least they weren't posted for all to see. Is this considered progress at the "Drama Pin Forum"??

Should we add some kind of rule about this? Lolol

Vicki
Um, yeah in a perfect world there would be an ongoing leader board, but even my auctions were a little lax in that department.

As foru comment, I thought the "lol" would make it clear, that I was kidding. Oiy!

again it would be nice, but realistically not always possible. :-(

Auction was still fun, and I must say confusing, so I would not have wanted to be Grim or Goofy Moe. Lol

Vicki

Wow - What an auction!! As crazy and insane as this was, I'm sure most had fun. One thing is for sure... I'll never run an auction like this again. :lol: Don't know why I thought that dipping my toe in the water of joining the auction house was equivalent to diving into the deep end. But, I had fun still, and might do some less complicated auctions in the future.

Spent the morning updating my excel sheet and literally had to RUN to the train to catch it on time. Next hour I'll be going over bids so expect an announcement soon ;)

Aw, Moe, I wasnt attacking you with the rule suggestions, I hope you realize that. I think people PMing you about your choice stinks. Much like auctioneers PMing people to change they bids because the bid they placed stinks... that is rediculous.

Congrat to Madforalice!!!! Rock on!

anxiously awaiting Grims results.

Okay.... Thank you every one for such outstanding bids. You truly made it VERY difficult to decide because there were just sooooo many pins that I wanted. I wish I had about 5 sets to complete so many of these trades. :lol: With that said, the winners....

Winning side was co-op. Some absolutely fantastic bids on the whole set side, but I had to make the decision to add more pins to my collection than just traders.

EvilQueen: Beeatingu
queen of Hearts: Tyleet87
Mother Gothel: Erudolf
Cruella: tie between romancing train and black smoke. I will give 24 hours for black smoke to post pictures or romancing train will win by default.
Ursula: Xprincessemilyx
Maleficent: Malitrader
Box & Certificate: Psycho Pixie.

I will contact you all tomorrow about shipping.
Congrats every one!

Okay.... Thank you every one for such outstanding bids. You truly made it VERY difficult to decide because there were just sooooo many pins that I wanted. I wish I had about 5 sets to complete so many of these trades. :lol: With that said, the winners....

Winning side was co-op. Some absolutely fantastic bids on the whole set side, but I had to make the decision to add more pins to my collection than just traders.

EvilQueen: Beeatingu
queen of Hearts: Tyleet87
Mother Gothel: Erudolf
Cruella: tie between romancing train and black smoke. I will give 24 hours for black smoke to post pictures or romancing train will win by default.
Ursula: Xprincessemilyx
Maleficent: Malitrader
Box & Certificate: Psycho Pixie.

I will contact you all tomorrow about shipping.
Congrats every one!

Hey Grim post #329 has my pictures. I am traveling so Spiffie so nicely posted for me.

I UPLOADED HER PHOTOS FOR HER

EDD6C7D2-20DD-4657-A480-DF6598896630-5775-000002322FB6E710.jpg

F1506C7C-69D3-4003-83E5-31D2A159B4AA-9567-0000045289844A44.jpg
[/IMG]

91A464ED-EEED-4D65-B145-8F55DBE7AF79-9567-0000045381CA4BF5.jpg
[/IMG]

DA5A7EA6-D071-461B-9829-2BC4B3F9BED8-9567-00000453970504C6.jpg
[/IMG]

CHOOSE WHICH SCENE - ONE OF EACH FILM.

Here they are again. You can choose one scene from LK and one from Tangled if I am the winner. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back