• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen Fever Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Fever Dolls
I guess I think of the wedding Rapunzel doll and how different and detailed she was (based on a short). I think these dolls could've gotten more of a makeover, something exciting and new.

Both Anna and Elsa's outfits look like they have so much potential to be absolutely stunning on the finished product
I love both designs but they do look like cheap versions of what they could look like but to be fair they are just prototypes
im super excited for these! I can't wait to see more photos

I guess I think of the wedding Rapunzel doll and how different and detailed she was (based on a short). I think these dolls could've gotten more of a makeover, something exciting and new.

Hmmm... I do agree with you on that but in Disney's defense, Rapunzel can't get married in her normal purple looking dress.. :p

As for these dolls and the outfits,
I like Anna's outfits. And for those who are complaining that it looks just like the one that she wears in the movie, keep in mind that that was the style back then. Everything she wore in the movie was similar to this style. Even when she was a kid, it was very similar. The thing I absolutely love about this is the vest jacket. She truly looks like she is ready for spring. Yes, the sunflowers are kinda big but on the other hand, it stands out from all of her other rosemalling outfits.

Elsa on the other hand... I'm a bit biased. I never liked her snow queen outfit and I think it's completely historically inaccurate for Disney to allow a princess, much less a queen, to be dressed liked that. In the past, she would have probably been dethroned due to indecency. She also does not look like a queen at all, I mean seriously, what does Disney think a queen does? So insulting for what is being called one of the best female characters. Anyways, I have to admit, I like the color green better than blue but the dress is still pretty bad and Disney should have just given her something close to what the actual Queen of arandelle was wearing.

1b87915054601b50-Costume_12.jpg

As for Kristoff.... It's spring... he should be wearing this:
229a3bd9482a0bcbb7aaac6ecb2ce021.jpg

Now, as for the whole prototype thing...
I think Anna is 100% done and that is the final product that we will get. Keep in mind, the dress has been through a lot so expect the final product to have a much smoother looking skirt.

Elsa also looks to be complete. And the reason why I believe so is because she has her flower in on her hair and I think if she has it at that point, then it's pretty clear that it's in the final stages.
If it's true, it'll be really disappointing. Disney just goes: "Hey! Don't load the final shipment of dolls! We'll just re-dress them and package them in new boxes!"

I cannot wait to see what the 17" dolls will look like!!! :anxious: I hope they make an official announcement here soon! :x: If Kristoff looks decent, he will probably be the first male doll I try to purchase! :lol:

Wow~ I think I just got an idea of how the LE dolls would look like and I can't wait any more!!!:lol:

I agree 100%! :) I don't think it's unreasonable for Frozen fans to want the same level of quality for the short film that the original two-hour movie had; that's one of the big reasons Tangled Ever After was so successful. Yeah it was less than ten minutes long, but nevertheless Disney paid so much attention to its detail by showing off new locations and costumes that really helped show the progression of time that had passed since Tangled. For Frozen Fever I would actually expect Disney to pay MORE attention to that sort of thing, since Frozen's popularity is clearly unprecedented and Anna and Elsa are their biggest money-makers for the moment. And they would make A LOT more money in terms of dolls and playsets if they gave the characters different outfits. :D

I just found out that they has been listed in Taobao.com which is kind of like Chinese Ebay. So, I have some doubts about these pics now.

Flynn and Kristoff are both my favourite hahaha Flynn is definitely funny and handsome, but I like that Kristoff is not your traditional looking prince and he's so adorable and sweet. Pre-new movies, I always liked Aladdin and human Beast lol (and Li Shang, except he's not a prince)

Well Kristoff isn’t a prince, either. Nor Flynn. In fact, of those mentioned, only Prince Eric is a prince. lol.

But, as you mentioned, Luna, Kristoff is definitely sweet. That’s what I find appealing. And he’s got the right build--tall and broad-shouldered. Sheesh! He’s animated and I’m an old lady, and here I am talking about how cute he is! lol.

Maybe not lol but I usually don't get too finicky with the titles. I consider Flynn and Kristoff princes because they married (I am assuming that Anna and Kristoff get married eventually) princesses and since the kingdoms are made up by Disney, who says that titles can't transfer over to men? Arendelle is ruled by a queen, which didn't occur very often in history unless it was the mother ruling until her king son was old enough to take the throne. I feel like the made up Disney worlds can have whatever rules they want for the kingdoms. Aladdin I count as a prince for 2.5 reasons- technically he was a prince for part of the movie (that's a half reason right there lol), he did marry Jasmine in the end and as I stated above, I feel like since Agrabah is a made up kingdom, then it can have non-conventional rules for succession and titles (for all we know, these are alternate universes with all their magic and talking animals lol so maybe men become princes after marrying a princess), and thirdly in the movie the Sultan does say at one point that whoever marries Jasmine will become Sultan himself in the future. At that time Aladdin was Prince Ali, but at the end of the movie, the Sultan states that Jasmine can marry whomever she deems suitable instead of requiring her to marry a prince, but I believe that the succession would still work out the same and Aladdin will become Sultan when Jasmine's father passes down the throne :)

Now, back onto the Frozen dolls, I am kinda hoping Kristoff is in his winter gear. I know a lot of people say he should be wearing a lighter, spring outfit like pictured above, but I think he only wears that down in the fjord/kingdom. Don't forget that it's colder up in the mountains and he does sell ice for a living. If he was getting ice then he would have been wearing his warmer winter clothing. He also seems to be wearing his winter gear in the promo pic. I assume Hans will be wearing his white suit that he's usually depicted in- although I don't think he'll be in the Frozen Fever short. I think they're just releasing him to cover all of the characters.

I’ve wondered, now that Queen Elsa tossed her parents’ stupid method of “controlling” her powers (i.e., suppressing rather than actually controlling) and has actually learned to control them, is it possible she would get married and have her own kids? Otherwise, Princess Anna and (assumedly Prince) Kristoff will become Queen and King (or Queen and Prince Consort). Am I right?

I know, nothing to do with dolls, but I’ve wondered. And really been pissed at the parents.

Propita- did you ever see the how frozen should have ended video on YouTube? It's hilarious! As for your question, I think it's possible but it would have ro be gradual and with someone who shares the same mindset/sense of humor (no full blown romance with someone she just met lol!) And she would make a better parent than her parents put together if one of her kids inheret similar powers.

Looking forward to getting this set and hope there's a big edition number so scalpers can't exploit the community again!

Wow~ I think I just got an idea of how the LE dolls would look like and I can't wait any more!!!:lol:

I'm excited for them too! I'm not sure yet if I'll be getting Anna, I'm on the fence, but maybe Kristoff and definitely Elsa, especially since I'm assuming her dress will be a bit grander fro the L.E. version-these look like normal dolls! Green is my favorite color and I don't have the Snow Queen doll so the fact that the two dresses are somewhat similar doesn't bother me one bit! Can't wait to see the short!...and I guess the movie it's attached to as well. Lol, I've heard in documentaries about how when sorts like the old Mickey Mouse cartoons used to come out people would rush to the theaters to see them, often more than once, no matter what move it was playing with, but this is the first time I've actually been more excited for the short film than the accompanying feature myself. Don't get me wrong Cinderella looks interesting, but it is also a story I've seen several times before. Under normal circumstances, unless the movie reviews can spark my interest, I'd probably be on the fence about whether to see it in theaters or rent it at the red-box later, Frozen Fever is really what's sold me on going to the film.

I'm excited for them too! I'm not sure yet if I'll be getting Anna, I'm on the fence, but maybe Kristoff and definitely Elsa, especially since I'm assuming her dress will be a bit grander fro the L.E. version-these look like normal dolls! Green is my favorite color and I don't have the Snow Queen doll so the fact that the two dresses are somewhat similar doesn't bother me one bit! Can't wait to see the short!...and I guess the movie it's attached to as well. Lol, I've heard in documentaries about how when sorts like the old Mickey Mouse cartoons used to come out people would rush to the theaters to see them, often more than once, no matter what move it was playing with, but this is the first time I've actually been more excited for the short film than the accompanying feature myself. Don't get me wrong Cinderella looks interesting, but it is also a story I've seen several times before. Under normal circumstances, unless the movie reviews can spark my interest, I'd probably be on the fence about whether to see it in theaters or rent it at the red-box later, Frozen Fever is really what's sold me on going to the film.
Just seen the official screenshots from the frozen short and their dresses are so beautiful! It's a really long time to wait before 13 March...:anxious:

I actually don't want her to get married and have kids. Not everyone needs to have that to be happy and it's so over done. And she would still be Queen as eldest. She has the love of her sister, her people, and most importantly, she loves herself. That's all she needs. Not a man/love interest.

On the topic of dolls, I love Elsa's dress. Yes, it's the same style, but the fade is gorgeous. If they can translate that to the dolls, then I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back