• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
I got a Maleficent doll today at my Disney store! - They got 27 in and I was #26 called (Whew!!). Only about 30 people put their names in though which surprised me there were not more. Of course there were several large groups there so they could get multiple dolls. I did see 2 couples there who forfeited their 2nd doll (which was so nice because otherwise I could not get one!)

My wife went today an our store had 37 and only had 31 ppl show up.

Maleficent Pics!

Oh! Welcome back, BethDarlene! Long time no see! :) Congrats on being able to get her. Since you have one in hand, can you explain what those hair tumors are? Are they actually part of her hair that has been twisted into these nubby things or are they removable ties/hairnet? Thanks!

Thank you!! - I have been lurking but have not been very active :) - Yes Hair Tumors...lol that's what they are. I don't particularly like them, they should have stuck with her original headpiece but otherwise she is fantastic. I took a pictures for you all of the cover, the back of the case, and top view of her head
399736_382766991797191_1080955290_n.jpg
390472_382766711797219_1844438912_n.jpg
424675_382766695130554_785184012_n.jpg

Last edited:
Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display

Disney Villains Designer Collection
Disney Store Display
Release Day, September 10, 2012
Main Display of Limited Edition Dolls

The right to buy Maleficent today was "raffled" off to twenty lucky people. There were maybe 30-40 people entered, and I was not one of the winners. So I will have to get her online tonight. There were a total of 13,000 of each doll produced, so there should be no problem getting a doll online. More photos to come shortly.

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Main Display by drj1828, on Flickr

Nice picture of the display, DRJ1828! It's always good to see non-stock photos of the dolls.

Thanks for the pics, BethDarlene! I figured out what the hair tumors are. They are the ends of her hair that has been wound around to make the hair cones. The hair ends are then tied up with the clear rubber bands that doll manufacturers have been using, but it creates an awkward look. I think I would rather take out the rubber bands and plaster the hair ends down with a heavy-duty gel or even superglue. After all, these hair horns are not supposed to be taken down, so I think Disney should have just plastered her hair down.

I went even though I pre-ordered them all, just to see, and there was security everywhere! And a ton of people and that was before they even started handing out the raffle tickets! I am sad about Maleificent and will be selling her when I get her in October. I will sell her for at least 100.00 if anyone is interested. Thanks

Disney Villains Designer Collection
Disney Store Display
Release Day, September 10, 2012
Main Display of Limited Edition Dolls

The right to buy Maleficent today was "raffled" off to twenty lucky people. There were maybe 30-40 people entered, and I was not one of the winners. So I will have to get her online tonight. There were a total of 13,000 of each doll produced, so there should be no problem getting a doll online. More photos to come shortly.

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Main Display by drj1828, on Flickr
I wonder if the store will sell me the banner when its all done! I would love to display it in my room :)

Thanks for the pics, BethDarlene! I figured out what the hair tumors are. They are the ends of her hair that has been wound around to make the hair cones. The hair ends are then tied up with the clear rubber bands that doll manufacturers have been using, but it creates an awkward look. I think I would rather take out the rubber bands and plaster the hair ends down with a heavy-duty gel or even superglue. After all, these hair horns are not supposed to be taken down, so I think Disney should have just plastered her hair down.

I agree, plastering them down or gluing would have been better, it's not like many people are going to mess with her hair...I forgot to answer you about the hair nubs, you are right that's what they are. It looks like they used the plastic rubber hair bands to finish off the ends and there is also black thread weaved through to hold them down. I'd think they could have done this differently but of course I have never made hair horns before... lol :)

i bought mine yesterday at my local store and they said they got 60 in total and i was the first person to buy one all day and i purchased mine just after 16.00pm and the store had been open since 10.00am. i think alot of people pre ordered the set here in the uk. and even still the set is still on the website for purchase.

i see ebay is saturated already with maleficent. i do hope the people who bought them just to make money are stuck with them. its such a shame they try and stop the real fans of missing out on collecting them.

i see ebay is saturated already with maleficent. i do hope the people who bought them just to make money are stuck with them. its such a shame they try and stop the real fans of missing out on collecting them.

Agreed. I wasn't able to get one. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I got my doll today on my lunch hour. Expected a mad house but, not the case at all. Very calm. The store was almost empty. The store had 20 dolls; only 16 people registered. Funny thing is, the store still conducted the raffle???? At 1pm they should have just said everyone registered gets a doll and let us get on with it. Instead we had to wait until 1:10, do the raffle, then purchase the doll. I hope it stays this calm because I changed my lunch time for the next 6 weeks so I can go to the mall.

Maleficent's not there yet for me. I've been signed in and just signed out and back in again. Not there yet.

Update: Thanks for the link! Got my order completed. :)

Now she's on the site where I was originally.

Last edited:
thanks a lot! I kept refreshing the thing but nothing was popping up... weird.

btw, just for future reference, how did you guys find the link so fast? I tried refreshing the villains designer collection page and nothing was showing up, so i searched "maleficent doll" and it took me to the plush one.

thanks again!

Last edited:
thanks a lot! I kept refreshing the thing but nothing was popping up... weird.

btw, just for future reference, how did you guys find the link so fast? I tried refreshing the villains designer collection page and nothing was showing up, so i searched "maleficent doll" and it took me to the plush one.

thanks again!

You're not alone! I don't know how they get a link to these things. Like you I was signed in and kept refreshing the page and putting in a search. Nothing showed up. Came here to DPF and posted my trouble and then saw the link. Got my order done through the link and after that the doll showed up finally on the original site page I was on before. Kinda nuts!

Maleficent Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Online Release - 2012-09-11

As of 1:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time, the Maleficent Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll is still available online at the US Disney Store website.
Here is the text of the product description, and a couple of product images of the doll:

Maleficent Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll
Item No. 6070040908254POur Price: $79.50

The evil sorceress from Disney's Sleeping Beauty has been reimagined with fashionably fiendish style. This limited edition Maleficent Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll is glamorously detailed with her horn-like hair and velvet cloak.

[h=3]Product Details[/h]
Please Note: Each Guest will be limited to ordering a maximum of one of this item per order.

This elegant Designer Collection Maleficent doll was carefully crafted by Disney artists to re-imagine the sorceress' style. Inspired by the Sleeping Beauty character's distinctive look, this Maleficent doll was brought to life with thoughtful attention to detail to uniquely capture the essence of the Disney Villain, creating a one of a kind doll collection that will be a treasured keepsake of collectors and Disney fans alike!

• Dramatic make-up and rooted eyelashes
  • Signature horn-like hairstyle
  • Pallid green skin tone
  • Jagged velvet cloak lined with purple satin and gem closure at front
  • Leatherette bustier with tulle ruffle trim and matching gloves
  • Fit and flair velvet skirt with gore details
  • Crystal ball staff with claw details
  • Doll is sold in a special keepsake display case with stand
  • Includes special Disney Villains Designer Collection Gift Bag
  • Plastic / polyester
  • 11 1/2'' H
  • Imported
  • Includes Certificate of Authenticity
  • Limited Edition of 13000
  • Part of the Disney Villains Designer Collection

*Intended for adult collectors -- Not a child's toy.

Maleficent Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Disney Store US Product Image #1- Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Maleficent Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Disney Store US Product Image #2 - In Display Case by drj1828, on Flickr

Maleficent Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Disney Store US Product Image #3 - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - More Images

Here are more images taken of the Disney Villains Designer Collection displays at my local Disney Store, on release day September 10, 2012.

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Merchandise Display #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Maleficent Doll - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Maleficent Doll - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Evil Queen Doll - Full Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Evil Queen Doll - Midrange Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Evil Queen Doll - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Evil Queen Doll - Midrange Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Queen of Hearts Doll - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Queen of Hearts Doll - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Queen of Hearts Doll - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Ursula Doll - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Ursula Doll - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Ursula Doll - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Portrait Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Midrange Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Cover Sleeve - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Cover Sleeve - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll - Full Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll - Display Case - Back View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll - Slip Cover - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll - Slip Cover - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back