• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
kind of disappointing that the gift bags will be included in the UK pre-orders and the US individual orders, but not the US pre-orders? :|
I know, it's unfair, and doesn't make sense to me. Maybe they will change policy and include gift bags when they actually ship the US pre-orders.

Hum, i really think I'll pass this time... After the deception with Maleficent hair. If someone will lay her hair down. I'm eager to see what she looks like. The others are not my taste, even Cruella, looks like not all dolls will have the hair perfectely made, and why did they show a white fur coat? When in reality it is more yellowish? After, that, you are disappointed it's normal.

Here are more images taken of the Disney Villains Designer Collection displays at my local Disney Store, on release day September 10, 2012.

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Merchandise Display #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Maleficent Doll - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Maleficent Doll - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Evil Queen Doll - Full Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Evil Queen Doll - Midrange Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Evil Queen Doll - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Evil Queen Doll - Midrange Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Queen of Hearts Doll - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Queen of Hearts Doll - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Queen of Hearts Doll - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Ursula Doll - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Ursula Doll - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Ursula Doll - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Portrait Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Midrange Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Cover Sleeve - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Cover Sleeve - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll - Full Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll - Display Case - Back View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll - Slip Cover - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Store Display - 2012-09-10 - Designer Cruella De Vil Doll - Slip Cover - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Wow, thanks for the beautiful pictures DRJ1828!! They really look cooler in person, but is it me or does the Queen of Hearts look like a Japanese Geisha? hmmm... and for some reason (as much as I liked her in the movie) I just can't like Mother Gothel as i thought I would, and she's my favorite villain. Her dress is way simpler than the other villains, and her hairdo reminds me that of Marge Simpson's. I wish they did her hair differently, like if they let it down and swept to the side it would have been more 'red carpet' appropriate, and added more details to the dress, and perhaps accessories like her spear-shaped earrings, a necklace, or a bracelet. Do you think Mother Gothel's hair can be taken down if I took her out of the box, or is it permanently fixed this way? I'd love to do something to try and change & fix her hair-do!! X-|

I think Cruella has a gorgeous face, and she has the best style that fits the 'red carpet' look. This is my list of the 6 dolls arranged from most favorite to least favorite based on the photos (Cruella, Evil Queen, Maleficent, Queen of Hearts, Ursula, and in last place Mother Gothel), maybe i'll change my mind when i see them in person! ;D

New Villains merchandise are now up on the Disney Store UK. In addition to the the lip gloss, nail polish, and some of the toys that the DS US have. All items are here:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/mn/1309002/

2399029660019M

2325029669897M

For those of you in the UK, use code ASPMAGIC to get £12 off a £60 spend. Works on the Villains doll and merchandise. Technically this'll make Maleficent £38 :) Expires 16/09/12

Last edited:
DRJ828 thank you (again) for the great photos of the villains. They do look better than the stock photos. So much more detail than I noticed before. I assume you were able to order online, I was sad to hear you were shut out yesterday. I am sure the CMs felt bad about that since you are obviously one of their best customers. I pre-ordered but I did go to the Disney Store yesterday seeking a 12 inch brunette Rapunzel but they did not have it out yet. My store had leftovers of Mal but they said they often have to send limited items back to fulfill online orders.

Now that we have seen actual pictures of these dolls, I am still not a fan unfortunately. :(

The Maleficent hair horns look terrible...they really couldn't have figured out a way to make the horns smooth all the way around? It looks (in my opinion) embarrassingly bad.

The Queen of Hearts looks absolutely nothing like her...and her lips really bother me. It looks like she is trying to do Ariel's "fishy face".

The little blurbs on the boxes are really cheesy...

Maleficent: "Original Goth"

Mother Gothel: "Trendy Terror"

Cruella: "Manic Style"

I just checked the Designer Princess boxes, and they don't have anything like this. Why they decided to add these little phrases to the Villains boxes I don't know...

Cruella definitely looks the best in my opinion...but I am still not crazy about her. :(

OK rant over. :) No offense to those that like these dolls and purchased them. I just feel like they could have done SO much better, and that upsets me more than anything.

I love you pics of the display items and dolls, DRJ1828! It is so much better to view them in a better perspective away from the stock photos. I forsee a lot of hair inconsistencies with the Designer Cruella down the road, making me loop back to my original wish that they had given her a really cool, chic 1920s color-blocked bob or Cleopatra-like hairdo. To add insult to injury, in the designer notes on the back of her slip cover, they call Cruella's hair "Signature Hairstyle" -- WRONG! That said, she's still the top one from the collection for me.

Last edited:
Sorry i just need to vent!! I'm so angry right now! Some guy had the nerve to purchase at least 6 sets of the LE Villains pins, and listed them on ebay for $600 BIN each and what's worse is they were all sold!! It sickens me when resellers who don't care about these items just take them from real collectors' hands and resell to profit!! So selfish and evil!! :(

Sorry i just need to vent!! I'm so angry right now! Some guy had the nerve to purchase at least 6 sets of the LE Villains pins, and listed them on ebay for $600 BIN each and what's worse is they were all sold!! It sickens me when resellers who don't care about these items just take them from real collectors' hands and resell to profit!! So selfish and evil!! :(

+1 - Worst part is, supposedly it's one of our own DPFers too... very disappointed. :'(

DRJ828 thank you (again) for the great photos of the villains. They do look better than the stock photos. So much more detail than I noticed before. I assume you were able to order online, I was sad to hear you were shut out yesterday. I am sure the CMs felt bad about that since you are obviously one of their best customers. I pre-ordered but I did go to the Disney Store yesterday seeking a 12 inch brunette Rapunzel but they did not have it out yet. My store had leftovers of Mal but they said they often have to send limited items back to fulfill online orders.

So the stores should be getting the brunette Rapunzel anytime now? Do they like have her in the back room? I don't have access to any DS so my only chance is for her to show up on DS Online so I could get one! Hopefully she'll show up soon!!

I was really looking forward to Cruella but there's something about her that's "off" to me. I feel as if her hair makes her head appear disproportionate to her body; like she has an alien head. Plus, in the stock photos, her cigarette holder is in her right hand whereas now it's in her left hand with her purse. Too much accessory on one side annoys me and a person could barely see it. And I know this has been said a few times before, but the fur coat just looks dirty.

So the stores should be getting the brunette Rapunzel anytime now? Do they like have her in the back room? I don't have access to any DS so my only chance is for her to show up on DS Online so I could get one! Hopefully she'll show up soon!!

Yes, I have heard some stores have her out already, she will be online as well. Not limited, so you will be sure to get her !!!

I love you pics of the display items and dolls, DRJ1828! It is so much better to view them in a better perspective away from the stock photos. I forsee a lot of hair inconsistencies with the Designer Cruella down the road, making me loop back to my original wish that they had given her a really cool, chic 1920s color-blocked bob or Cleopatra-like hairdo. To add insult to injury, in the designer notes on the back of her slip cover, they call Cruella's hair "Signature Hairstyle" -- WRONG! That said, she's still the top one from the collection for me.

Yes, I agree, she has that 20's look in the movie, you should be designing these dolls. Your assessments are always on target. I guess my take is we want them to take some liberties with the whole designer thing, so I am glad they are taking the risk with the characters, but it should be a stylized version with a connection to the character. I like these dolls and will be happy to get them but some of the details are puzzling. Out of context , I would not guess that is Cruella except for the cigarette holder and handbag. They are growing on me though.

Yes, I agree, she has that 20's look in the movie, you should be designing these dolls. Your assessments are always on target. I guess my take is we want them to take some liberties with the whole designer thing, so I am glad they are taking the risk with the characters, but it should be a stylized version with a connection to the character. I like these dolls and will be happy to get them but some of the details are puzzling. Out of context , I would not guess that is Cruella except for the cigarette holder and handbag. They are growing on me though.

Awww... thanks! I wish I could work for Disney and design these things for them! Unfortunately, they would never hire me, because I have no formal background in art or fashion design, which I am sure is among their top hiring criteria for such a position. :( All I have is a strong background in watching (and re-watching) Disney films since I was a child through to the present day and also a sense of dreamy whimsy. Oh, and I also love collecting dolls! But you are right: the Designer lines are fantasy reinterpretations of the Disney characters and are not intended to be literal translations of the original designs (hence Maleficent hair horns, Cruella bubble hairdos, skinny Ursula, etc.). Some are more certainly more successful than others, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

OMG, Ursula is so stunning, I really like her more now than some months ago when I first saw a sample picture showing all the dolls.
So thanks for posting her picture, DRJ1828!

Has anyone actually taken their doll out of the box to see if it can stand properly on its own?

I broke down and bought Maleficent. Wasn't planning on it, but I liked photos people were posting. However, now I am disappointed to see she has hair buds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back