• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Has Anyone Seen These??? Beautiful!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Anyone Seen These??? Beautiful!!!!

nsingleton

Jessica Rabbit Addict
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I found these Frozen Character Keys by Acme Archives Direct of Elsa and Anna!!! I think they are so awesome! :) They are LE 500, and only $39...and as an added bonus, if you are a D23 member, you get 20% off!!! The only thing that would make it better...if they included a pin as well! :lol:

Is anyone getting some? I think I might ask Kevin to get me a set!?!? :)

Here is the link to Acme Archives Direct if anyone needs it:
http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/category/649/Character-Keys.html

Thanks for sharing the link. These are really nice prints, but I am patiently waiting for Oaken pins. Oaken is the man :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the link. These are really nice prints, but I am patiently waiting for Oaken pins. Oaken's the man :lol:

I am so not playing the Frozen pin game, but I *will* throw down for an Oaken pin.

Edit for Relevance: I don't love that Elsa's says "ENEMY: Duke of Weselton"... that's... so strange to me, that's not a dynamic or relationship I guess I really focused on in the movie. Like... I kinda see where they were going, but yeah, it's weird. These are nice and all, but given their size, $39 is a lot. Just not for me.

Last edited:
Oaken??? Who is this? :lol:

Oaken is the eye-candy who runs the store where Anna bought her winter clothing. Part of his store is also a sauna. As if that is not enough, he also makes his own sun-tan lotion. It does not get any better than this!

image.php

So, please let me know if you ever find a key or pin with him. A girl can only hope :rofl:

With that, I apologize for taking a side-step. I hope DPF friends who are interested in the beautiful prints can get what they want.

I did not notice that the Duke is listed as enemy until J'aimie pointed it out. I thought Duke was half comical-half annoying nuisance. I did not perceive him as enemy.

Last edited:
:rofl: You crack me up!!!

With all the times I have seen Frozen already, I cannot believe I didn't know that was his name!!! :shock: Will definitely keep you informed my friend!!! Would be awesome to see something of him!

I also did not perceive the Duke as an enemy!?!?

Wait a sec these are not pins right? though They are neat. but I been getting a bit too much stuff though..

No, these are NOT pins (in case anyone reads this and thinks otherwise). If they were pins, they would be gorgeously detailed jumbos and guaranteed they'd be the grails for Frozen collectors. I've seen the Maleficent, Snow White, and I have Aurora pins from these Character Keys and they are VERY nice pins ;)

Oaken is the eye-candy who runs the store where Anna bought her winter clothing. Part of his store is also a sauna. As if that is not enough, he also makes his own sun-tan lotion. It does not get any better than this!

image.php

So, please let me know if you ever find a key or pin with him. A girl can only hope :rofl:

I love your description of Oaken - it makes me see him in a whole new light!! :lol:!

These are very pretty!! I also agree that the Duke isn't really worthy of the enemy title. Even if they didn't want to go with the spoiler-esque route (or is that even still considered a spoiler?), putting down "fear" as her enemy would have even been more fitting.

No, these are NOT pins (in case anyone reads this and thinks otherwise). If they were pins, they would be gorgeously detailed jumbos and guaranteed they'd be the grails for Frozen collectors. I've seen the Maleficent, Snow White, and I have Aurora pins from these Character Keys and they are VERY nice pins ;)

Now I am REALLY hoping they do these with pins too!!!! :x:

Without pins or being a cell, it's a horrible waste of money I think. I don't really think they're beautiful or special and it irks me to no tomorrow that all the frozen stuff is either the same Brittany Lee artwork or the same CG poses over and over.

Please understand though I don't mind if you like them :3 But if you're going to do character keys the colors should've been picked from the actual CHARACTER keys they did for the 2D designs.

ALSO if anyone has a nice printer you could make them your self :/ Save the 80$ for a fabulpous pin or doll or REAL piece of artwork!

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. I bought the 4 pins they had at D23. They were awesome. Bought Frozen and Ariel cells. Hope they do pins of these too!
My daughter will be so surprised.

Glad I could be of help to some of you! :) It would be great if they did do a pin to go with them, we will see I guess! :x:

Without pins or being a cell

I was under the impression that these were cels by this statement on the website:

"An old-time traditional animator's term, a "Key" is a thumbnail of a character or a background element with color reference. Acme's Character Keys are composed of a cel layer floated over a lithographic background. The cel features a color rendition of the character while the background features sketches and color reference. Each character key comes matted with a title tag and a certificate of authenticity."

Now I am worried because I ended up asking Kevin to get me one of each. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back