• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Having To Put My Pin Collection On Hold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having To Put My Pin Collection On Hold!

nsingleton

Jessica Rabbit Addict
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am going to have to wait quite some time to do anymore pin collecting or do my first trade!!! UGH! However, I will still be around the forum!

Sorry to vent! It is bad enough people scam others with fake pins! So, last year at this time I bought a car off Craigslist for $2500; had the matching title (signed right in front of me) and a chipped key from Nissan, no red flags! However, when I went to get the car legal, I was told it was a stolen car, so I had to turn it over to the police and was out the car and the money! UGH!!! Damn people!

Finally I am recovering from this terrible financial loss, bought anpther car last month!!! So over the past few weeks, my landlord has been pushing for me to pay my rent in advance again, so finally, last Monday, I paid her three months advance rent, $2400, and was paid until September first, whew, a little less to worry about now! Then the HOA manager comes by that Friday to inform me my landlord has not paid her mortgage since September and they are foreclosing and now I have to move and can sue her for the money I have already paid!!!?!?? Now I am livid! Just one thing after another!!!

So, I was supposed to trade my four scrapper pins for one legitimate Jessica pin, to a member who uses scrappers to make other things. I was supposed to send my pins out Saturday, but was distracted due to all this drama, so messaged them yesterday to explain and let them know I was mailing today. In response, I was told "don't mail", now the ONLY reason I am irritated by this is: if I would have sent them out Saturday as planned, they would have already been mailed and since this member (no names mentioned) had decided he no longer wanted to trade, however did not inform me of this, I would have been scammed once again!!! This member would have gotten my, granted scrappers, and I would have been waiting for a Jessica that would have never showed up!!! And this member initiated the trade, not me!!!

So, I will not be able to purchase pins again for quite some time, which is also going to put me doing any trading on hold since I am so new to collecting and trading! Just a major lack of pins, and now the small amount of funds I had to get more!!! So, I will still get on and socialize, but unfortunately that will be all for AWHILE!!!

Again, sorry to vent, just having a terrible time dealing with this, and this one thing that made me happy is unattainable again! Just needed to get it off my chest, and to actual caring people!!!

Thanks for your time and sorry yet again,
Nate

Last edited:
so sorry for all your troubles...hope things dramatically improve soon. DOn't quit collecting..just plan on scaling back and keeping it on a small scale for awhile until you get resetteld. Pins are a great hobby and hobbies help relieve stress, or so I am told....plus you need to stay connected to pin friends who care.

Thank you Debby and Greg! You are most definitely right, my mom said the same thing! The hobby is a great thing to have!

And Mark, I know right!!! Some scummy people in this world trying to bring everyone else down to their level of unhappiness!

Well, its not gonna work on me, I am gonna try to keep my head held high!!!

Finally I am recovering from this terrible financial loss, bought anpther car last month!!! So over the past few weeks, my landlord has been pushing for me to pay my rent in advance again, so finally, last Monday, I paid her three months advance rent, $2400, and was paid until September first, whew, a little less to worry about now! Then the HOA manager comes by that Friday to inform me my landlord has not paid her mortgage since September and they are foreclosing and now I have to move and can sue her for the money I have already paid!!!?!?? Now I am livid! Just one thing after another!!!

Nate

I do not know about where you work or groups you belong to (church, etc), but I do a part time shift early mornings at Home Depot, to help fund "extras" like vacations and this addicting habit called pin trading, but you might want to check with your HR dept if one is available. Some companies have help programs in place where if your landlord does what happened to you in this specific case, i.e. collects rent and then has the property you are renting have foreclosure proceedings started against; the program can help you not only find a new place, but in some cases they have funds to help you with deposits/first month's rent (whether as a loan or grant) while you work to get your monies back, as I am assuming you are out not only the 3 months rent, but any deposit you might have paid as well.

Nate, first of all I am sorry for all your troubles. However, do not give up so easily. Dig around a little. There might be some tenant law to protect your rights in the case of a forclosure. I do not want to give you false hopes, but there might be some protection for you - you never know.

Also, I am not sure in what step your landlord's forclosure is, but those things take a while, you might not have to move just yet.

You can take a break from buying pins and collecting, but keep in touch with DPF. Best of luck with all of this, hopefully you will have some happier days ahead.

I am so sorry 2 hear this Nate! :( some people! I hope you don't stop collecting and I really hope you keep in touch! I have very much enjoyed getting 2 know you!:) and Merryweather is right there could be a law that could really help! :)

Wow I hadn't heard the other half of that story . . .. I am so sorry about all of this . . . I really hope it all works out for u!!!

Thank you so much!!! It has not been fun, but it will get better! It is just nice to know that there are still caring people in this world!!!

Nate

I do not know about where you work or groups you belong to (church, etc), but I do a part time shift early mornings at Home Depot, to help fund "extras" like vacations and this addicting habit called pin trading, but you might want to check with your HR dept if one is available. Some companies have help programs in place where if your landlord does what happened to you in this specific case, i.e. collects rent and then has the property you are renting have foreclosure proceedings started against; the program can help you not only find a new place, but in some cases they have funds to help you with deposits/first month's rent (whether as a loan or grant) while you work to get your monies back, as I am assuming you are out not only the 3 months rent, but any deposit you might have paid as well.

Thank you so much for the wonderful advice!!! I am going to look into that tomorrow for sure!!! That would be so amazing!!! You are right, I am also out the deposit, and I am hoping that this state has something like that, I hear it is a lanlord state. I am so glad I posted cause I would have never thought about the things you mentioned!

Thank you!!!

I am so sorry 2 hear this Nate! :( some people! I hope you don't stop collecting and I really hope you keep in touch! I have very much enjoyed getting 2 know you!:) and Merryweather is right there could be a law that could really help! :)

Thank you tons!!! I am not goung to quit, I need a hobby and this is a good safe one for the most part and you meet some extraordinary people on here!!! I will DEFINITELY stay in touch, you guys are my friends, so no worries there!!! It just might be awhile before I can buy/trade pins, but I will live I suppose! Something better has to come about, right?!?!? LOL!

Thank you again!!!

Awww I hope everything works out for you and you can start trading and continue your collection. Good luck! :)

Awww I hope everything works out for you and you can start trading and continue your collection. Good luck! :)

Thank you very much!!! It may take awhile, but eventually I will be back collecting and trading, hopefully sooner than later!!! When I did have money, I had been looking for Ezra pins for you(only found one), and my plan was to get some and send you a surprise package one day!!! Unfortunately that will be postponed for a bit as well, I'm sorry!

Thanks again!!!

Thank you very much!!! It may take awhile, but eventually I will be back collecting and trading, hopefully sooner than later!!! When I did have money, I had been looking for Ezra pins for you(only found one), and my plan was to get some and send you a surprise package one day!!! Unfortunately that will be postponed for a bit as well, I'm sorry!

Thanks again!!!

Oh wow thank you. O_O You really don't have to. I would trade or buy pins. :) Especially if they're of Ezra.

Ah I wish I was near one of the parks so I could buy pins more easily... then I could send you some. I find it difficult to get hold of traders too... as the Disney Store closest to me stopped selling pins. I'm hoping to go to DLRP some time and buy a lot of pins while there.

Anyhow I'm glad you haven't decided to stop collecting.

Last edited:
Nate, first of all I am sorry for all your troubles. However, do not give up so easily. Dig around a little. There might be some tenant law to protect your rights in the case of a forclosure. I do not want to give you false hopes, but there might be some protection for you - you never know.

Also, I am not sure in what step your landlord's forclosure is, but those things take a while, you might not have to move just yet.

I was thinking the same thing. I would definitely look into it.

And as for quitting, maybe take a little break like many are suggesting. The forum will be here when you're ready to come back :0)

Nate - who is going to foreclose? The bank that owns the mortgage? Why would the HOA manager tell you about this? No, you don't need to move out until they actually evict you (if you want to wait for that to happen, it would give you time to move out, etc.). You can always negotiate with the bank to leave quietly if they pay you and don't damage the property on your way out (similar to cash for keys). So, maybe you can recover some of that $2400 you paid the landlord with this arrangement.

Here are some helpful tips that I found with an internet:
http://www.ehow.com/facts_6144166_colorado-landlord_tenant-law.html

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/states/colorado/renting/tenantrights

Do you have receipts which show that you made the payments to the landlord? What about your written lease? I know in CA, a foreclosure doesn't wipe out an existing lease.

Whatever you do, DON'T MOVE OUT (yet)!

BTW, I would also file a small claims action against the landlord for the return of your security deposit if you are forced to move out. You might be able to get a fee waiver and, sure, you might not be able to collect it, but in case the landlord is ever in a position of having funds, you might be able to get something :)

Last edited:
Oh wow thank you. O_O You really don't have to. I would trade or buy pins. :) Especially if they're of Ezra.

Ah I wish I was near one of the parks so I could buy pins more easily... then I could send you some. I find it difficult to get hold of traders too... as the Disney Store closest to me stopped selling pins. I'm hoping to go to DLRP some time and buy a lot of pins while there.

Anyhow I'm glad you haven't decided to stop collecting.

Oh, I know, but it was a character I had not heard of and there was not a lot when I was looking to see the character, so I was enjoying the hunt, lol! And I like to do nice things for good people when I have the means! I don't think I have any Disney anything near me, ugh, lol! I wish!!! Well maybe...then I might be broke ALL the time, and not due to bad luck, ha ha ha!!! Eventually I want to head to CA and check out DL since I live on this side of the country now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back