• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I have to VENT!!Kinda Discussion though

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to VENT!!Kinda Discussion though

tiggermickey

DPF Nut
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
1591   0   0
I just recieved a trade today,with the WORST shipping and packaging,I have ever recieved,I am beside myself here..I cannot even go into here,I am afraid I will post something not appropiate it for this GREAT forum...if anyone I traded with wants to know who,I will be happy to tell you.I will tell you I had to pay $1.00 postage due,the pin was damaged,glue all over the back of it,and mailed after we agreed to trade 4 days before then..please when you send,protect the pins..thats one of my trading pet peeves here
And the pins came in a plain white envelope,both pins clanging together(kissing each other)

Judy

Last edited:
I think this would be a great time to start a great practices guide for shipping. Do you think you could lead the way? Coming from someone with experience like yourself, this could help people like me who rarely ship.

UGH! I HATE that! So sorry that happened to you. It is definitely one of my two biggest pet peeves when a package is put in the mail ( I will not say the other as it may hurt too many feelings). ;) I always wrap my pins very well, just as I expect to receive them.

About a month ago I bought a pin lot that had some cute pins in it. There were about 25 total pins from a collection somebody was selling. The price was decent since there were some old cast pins and an auction pin I wanted in it so I was pretty excited for them to come in. I am honestly not kidding you when I say that this person tossed these 25 pins into about a 14x12x12 box to ship them, no bubble wrap at all and to make matters worse most of the pins were missing their rubber backs so the posts were free to just hit the other pins. Can you imagine how much they all just bounced around and hit one another the entire delivery??!! I could not understand what a persons thought process must be like to actually think that would be a good way to send them! I must have stood there looking into the box for 5 minutes in shock before I could finally take the pins out and look at them.

Last edited:
Hi Amanda
I am still looking at it,as I am steaming here..I still cannot believe it

I do not blame you. I would be steamed as well. I got one today in a plain mailing envelope with no bubble wrap, but I was lucky as to it's condition

This is how I pack all my pins:

026-060111 by miss.cherie_xx, on Flickr

one. It all starts with a padded envelope, bubble wrap and the relevant postage stickers - in most cases I need Airmail and Customs stickers, I add a little Disney just because.
two. Trim the bubble wrap to size, roll the pin in the bubble wrap and secure so that the pins cannot move around and get damaged.
three. Add a little note as a thank you for trading.
four. Address the envelope, sticker and seal! All ready to go!

I hate when this happens. Once I got the pin in white envelope with padding whatsoever. The pin was bent and scratched. It was ebay and I was not happy. :/

A couple of weeks ago I got pins wrapped in paper towels, I guess it was better than nothing! The other things that irk me is if I pay for priority small flat rate box and they ship it 1st class in a bubble envelope, or when it's a high volume sale or trade and I ask/pay for insurance and they don't buy it. If I am trading/selling a pin over $50 I automatically insure it.

I can't count the number of pins I have received in regular envelopes and postage due on others lately. I can't believe people think they can mail for 80 cents. Sounds like some of you are also experiencing this. I also have been scammed lately (not receiving trade by 6 people in the last 2 months). Boo

I had one come last week from Japan in a plain white envelope in a baggie with it's post bent. And it was one I really wanted. Just 5 minutes ago I opened a fairly large bubble envelope that came all the way from Hong Kong with 9 pins in it. The pins were each on their cards and in the flimsy cellophane but banging around loose in there. Not wrapped or protected. I couldn't believe it. I'll try to add a pic. That was an expensive purchase for me. You'd think they could've wrapped them in something. Even a paper towel would've been fine!

And last week I received a pin from someone here and it came postage due. Very frustrating.

There really is no reason for shoddy packaging. I received a pin a few weeks ago in a white envelope with no bubble wrap AND had to give the mail carrier extra money to cover the shipping cost. The seller made me pay $4.00 shipping and then pocketed it instead of applying it to he cost of shipping. So I feel for you.

I work in a mailroom, so I see a lot of damaged packages that weren't shipped properly. When I ship ANYTHING, I use the term overkill when it comes to bubblewrap, boxing, etc. just to be on the safe side! You can never have too much protection! Not in my book! I can't BELIEVE anybody with half a brain would ship pins from the descriptions I just read!

Agreed, shipping pins with little or no protection and with postage due is horrible. I think overkill on the bubble wrap is fine, but please - for the love of the pin gods - PLEASE don't use half a roll of tape!!! Tape does virtually nothing in terms of protection and frustrates the person trying to open the darn thing. I have come extremely close to cutting myself when trying to open some packages because they are covered in tape and I had to use a knife or scissors and even then it was a challenge. Plus, you never know what you are cutting into! If you have to use scissors you run the risk of cutting the backer card.

Last edited:
I finally got my D23 Dale subscription pin today from Disney and guess what it came postage due!!! UGH even Disney now?

I also collect Disney Big Figs and Figurines and it's amazing how some people think they can just throw it in the box with little or no protection and expect the item to arrive safely. I got so fed up with it I started emailing the sellers instructions on how I would like them to package it, most of the verbiage came from the UPS website. It did help cut down on the broken items I received so maybe sending a polite letter to pin sellers/traders on how you would like the pin packaged would work esp. if you can tell that they are new.

Last edited:
I too have had more issues in the past few months with pins being shipped in regular envelopes with minimal protection, postage due and I even have one pin that I traded for that has not arrived in three weeks. The trader sent me a delivery confirmation number but the pin never moved past the "acceptance" phase, and the trader seems to not care too much about following up with it (i.e. "well just wait a little longer, maybe it'll show up"). AARRRGGHHH

i always ship in a padded bubble envelope with a friendly note regarding the trade,i then pin the pins to the note fold it and tape up the package.but maybe i should take the extra step and put bubble wrap around the pins as well.i wouldnt want any pins sent to me in the condition you all are describing,so from now on ill take the extra step as it seems many prefer this.but a single white envelope come on people...whatever happend to courtesy.treat others the way you want to be treated.

A couple of weeks ago I got pins wrapped in paper towels, I guess it was better than nothing! The other things that irk me is if I pay for priority small flat rate box and they ship it 1st class in a bubble envelope, or when it's a high volume sale or trade and I ask/pay for insurance and they don't buy it. If I am trading/selling a pin over $50 I automatically insure it.

I would have been happy if my seller had just used paper towels. Kleenex - yep - kleenex around each pin and stuck in a plain white envelope. What were they thinking??? Maybe that's the problem, they weren't. I think it's a great idea for Judy to start a shipping protocol for everyone to try to follow. Judy, I hope they aren't too bad. I'll send a little pixie dust your way.

I would have been happy if my seller had just used paper towels. Kleenex - yep - kleenex around each pin and stuck in a plain white envelope. What were they thinking??? Maybe that's the problem, they weren't. I think it's a great idea for Judy to start a shipping protocol for everyone to try to follow. Judy, I hope they aren't too bad. I'll send a little pixie dust your way.

+1 start a sticky judy.packaging shipping protocol,maybe even with a lil video going through the steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back