• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK Disney Store only has the English Beefeater doll and Kenya along with the pin. We've never had any plushes but I'm hoping the park in Paris may do

Got my stickers and activity sheet as well. Thanks Quasimodo!

You're welcome, Beefeatergal! :)

That felt like it took a long time, didn't it? I'm glad they finally got there. I would've expected about a week, but as long as it didn't get lost. Or ruined. They didn't get ruined, did they?

Wellll, it's something to keep the hype going I guess.

http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-doll-set-by-precious-moments/mp/1358458/1000259/

I'd be more interested if they were the regular size instead 6". At that price, you can almost buy the entire collection of the regular small world dolls with the sale that's been on for the last few months.

But maybe it's a sneak peek at some more countries to come. I like Iceland and Ireland. I really hope Spain looks more impressive than that once she's finally made into the animators series, though.

I think Spain is the one in the pink dress and veil, second on the bottom row.

Top row, left to right:
Holland, Ireland, England

Bottom row, left to right:
Japan, Spain, India, Iceland

I think I might pass on those. They don't interest me as much as the animator small world dolls. I just really hope they do release the rest of the animator dolls soon.

I think Spain is the one in the pink dress and veil, second on the bottom row.

Top row, left to right:
Holland, Ireland, England

Bottom row, left to right:
Japan, Spain, India, Iceland

Mmmm.... Better I think, but I don't know why we (Spanish :p) look like that...
Hope the Animators one looks better :)

I'm with you beefeatergal. I'm sure Precious Moments fans will dig these, but they don't have the same detail as the animators versions.

aka.seim, I thought the Spain doll was supposed to look like she's celebrating her quinceañera. Is that possible? I don't think the small world dolls are supposed to look like 15-year-olds, but that's the only time I can think of that they look so formal. Also, Precious Moments tend to be for celebrations, so maybe that's why they made her look like that, so you can give to your daughter when she's entering womanhood? LOL, maybe I'm looking into this too much!

aka.seim, I thought the Spain doll was supposed to look like she's celebrating her quinceañera. Is that possible? I don't think the small world dolls are supposed to look like 15-year-olds, but that's the only time I can think of that they look so formal. Also, Precious Moments tend to be for celebrations, so maybe that's why they made her look like that, so you can give to your daughter when she's entering womanhood? LOL, maybe I'm looking into this too much!

I think you're right. The only problem is that we don't have anything like a "quinceañera" :p
This is a celebration in some American countries (Mexico, I think) but we don't have any similar party in Spain.
I was waiting for a flamenco girl, with her dot dress, like our most tipical image, but this pink dress confuses me :-D
Maybe is not a Spanish doll?

Haha, you're totally right! I mean, of course you are, being from Spain and all. A quinceañera is something girls do in Latin American countries. So weird. Maybe I'm wrong about her dress. Or maybe the designers didn't realize it was a Latin American thing. She's listed on the site as Spain, though. There's no way she's from Iceland, right? Does the girl on the end with the braids look like she could be from Spain? All the others are obvious.

I'm sure the animator doll will be in traditional Flemenco costume, so no worries :)

Haha, you're totally right! I mean, of course you are, being from Spain and all. A quinceañera is something girls do in Latin American countries. So weird. Maybe I'm wrong about her dress. Or maybe the designers didn't realize it was a Latin American thing. She's listed on the site as Spain, though. There's no way she's from Iceland, right? Does the girl on the end with the braids look like she could be from Spain? All the others are obvious.

I'm sure the animator doll will be in traditional Flemenco costume, so no worries :)

Do you think they are still planning to release anymore SW animators dolls? I've kind of given up hope...:sad:

I agree with you amm3. I too have kinda given up hope. though there is still some hope inside me left.
Quasimodo, have you asked the cms recently if they know anything about the upcoming dolls?

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't know you guys thought the dolls were done! No, not at all. The 4 we're waiting on are still in the DS system (USA, Africa, North America, and Spain). At this point it seems like they're being delayed until the holiday / doll season. I have to assume production was slowed down because of the Frozen fiasco. There are actually a lot of animators dolls showing up in the system (No NEW characters, though, just this year's lineup of the usual with some updates). I for one am happy to wait and let them get the dolls right. Mexico and China seemed a LITTLE rushed compared to the other countries, so take your time, Disney :)

If anything, I'm expecting even more countries to pop up this holiday season. Totally speculation with nothing to back it up, of course. It's just, these dolls are selling really well, so why wouldn't Disney push them further?

However, it seems like England, India, and Hawaii are gone forever. My stores haven't been restocking them and they've been sold out online for quite a while. Maybe they'll produce more for the holidays? I kind of hope not, though. No need to saturate the market with the older dolls when we can keep getting new ones. It makes them more collectible.

Ack, sorry for the triple post, but I just remembered another reason I have a feeling these dolls aren't done is Steve Thompson's latest fb profile pic. I'm most likely looking into things too much, but his blogs and such usually have hints about upcoming projects, and right now his profile pic is one of him working on one of the dolls on the ride. The artists who worked on the first wave of dolls and plushies said it was such a rare thing that an artist would be allowed behind the scenes of the ride, so.... Am I reaching here? LOL

ETA: Okay, so I WAS reaching. I asked Steve about the pic and it's from 2 years ago. Never mind...

Last edited:
I do hope we get more! I'd gone to the Disney store around the time of the China and Mexico release, and a CM told me that this was the last of them because the anniversary was over. I figured she was just speculating, but then nothing else has been released, so I've been thinking maybe she was right. It makes sense they might release a few more around the holidays though... fingers crossed!

They're $10 right now online! BOGO free @ $20. If they're on the same sale in stores, I'm stocking up! I especially want more France dolls to line them up like they are on the ride. And yes, I'm aware that makes me crazy...

But for anyone who was undecided about getting them, now's the time.

It's A Small World Animators Dolls

They're $10 right now online! BOGO free @ $20. If they're on the same sale in stores, I'm stocking up! I especially want more France dolls to line them up like they are on the ride. And yes, I'm aware that makes me crazy...

But for anyone who was undecided about getting them, now's the time.

You do whatever makes you happy!!!! :p

And then take pictures and show us!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back