• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleficent 2014 Merchandise
I just got my second Maleficent in Disney store Oxford street but been yesterday in other store and nada. Aurora looks really good but not my cup of tea.

Woo I might go look tomorrow then. I have the two Jakks dolls (royal coronation is unboxed and in my magic themed hallway lol)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I thought it was expensive at first.
But the detailing is incredible and the item is also hand painted! And limited
To 300 only.

Yeah... I can see this being that high in price...

I ordered the lithographs today because it's basically the only thing I can and want to spend. The figurine is too expensive for me, unfortunately. Can't wait to get the lithos, though!

The Maleficient figure is nice, but too expensive for me. I just wanted to see it, but then I went to the US store page, clicked Maleficient, then I was sent to the page asking which disney store I wanted to go to (UK, US, DE etc.) - clicked US and then again clicked the Maleficient figure and again I was sent to the page asking which disney store I wanted to use. That happened 10 times before I gave up and felt like punching the computer :rolleyes: Got to see it on the UK site, though. I really hope disneystore won't do that to me when the LE dolls are released or I will get rather frustrated.

I dunno it's nice but not that great, the fact that it sold out just screams scalpers to me, I wouldnt be surprised if it sells for less than retail on the secondary market.

Personally I am hedging my bets on the Hot Toys figure.

I dunno it's nice but not that great, the fact that it sold out just screams scalpers to me, I wouldnt be surprised if it sells for less than retail on the secondary market.

What is the Hot Toys figure? Is it a Disney upcoming release on their website?

Or people want it lol. Don't forget only 300 worldwide so USA prob got 150 - 200

What is the Hot Toys figure? Is it a Disney upcoming release on their website?

Hot Toys is a company that makes a lot of high quality limited figures. You can check out some of their items here www.sideshowtoy.com

The actual Maleficent one has not come out yet but based on their prior releases they have done some amazing work so I would expect no less.

Or people want it lol. Don't forget only 300 worldwide so USA prob got 150 - 200

Yes I know it is 300 world wide but it is a midnight release and costs $180USD or £125, that is a lot for a figure that doesn't do anything, I mean it is nice but I think you can get something a lot better that is probably more worth it. I think if they made her dress out of actual fabric as opposed to making the entire thing out of resin then that would have been pretty cool, but the thing is everything is made of resin...

Unlike the dolls which you can take out and admire things like the craftsman ship of the dress. This is a lot simpler and I think the price tag is the biggest deterrent. If it were $120 then that would be a bit more reasonable but $180 plus tax is asking a bit much.

Last edited:

I feel the same way the statue/figure looked nice but imo not $180 nice. The hot toys figure should be around the same price or a bit more but to me it's worth it. Congrats to those who wanted this and got it. Question though Will disney stores get these statues or was it just online?

I doubt the figure sold so fast because people "want" it. And I also doubt it'll sell for more than retail, people already think it's too much. So yeah, tough luck for the people who bought it to resell (which I'm sure there are plenty of).

Yeah if I'm going to pay $180+ for a figure, Hot Toys is where it's at! Great details fabric clothing and interchanhable accessories that doesn't have to be trapped in its box to be admired!

I doubt the figure sold so fast because people "want" it. And I also doubt it'll sell for more than retail, people already think it's too much. So yeah, tough luck for the people who bought it to resell (which I'm sure there are plenty of).

Well Olaf, the only one on Ebay sold within a couple of hours for $599 plus shipping so there goes your opinion about reselling!

Well Olaf, the only one on Ebay sold within a couple of hours for $599 plus shipping so there goes your opinion about reselling!

Haha just because one sells it does. It necessarily mean it is now the new market price. For all we know this could have been a result if shilling or a fake sale. Again it's nice but the price just seems so steep for something that is just resin.

Yes I just saw that. Not a bad profit!!

Can we avoid talking about profits on here if possible please, it is supposed to be a forum for collectors helping one another out. If you do want to talk about making money from these items please find another forum to do so.

Am sure these figures will be more sought after once the film is released. Just like any of the merchandise.

I don't necessarily think that to be the case like I said Hot Toys has always been more popular with these sort of releases. Also this is not a cartoon but a love action movie. It will really depend if people love or hate the movie so there is a real hit and miss opportunity there.

For those that have bought these thinking they will make a good profit out of it good luck to you, but don't always assume that just coz its disney it will be an instant hit. Don't know if you know but the Merida and Elinor doll did not do very well at all and ended up selling for less than retail. Also the Sgt Calhoun doll did not sell very well at all.

Also so movies like John Carter and The Lone Ranger were considered flops in the movie world. Either way what people do with their own money is none of my business all I know is that personally for me this figure is not a must for my collection and I'm a completist when it comes to these things so it must mean something? Lol.

again I just think that this is another blockbuster film from Disney coming off the hype of frozen and as a result has overinflated hype which will eventually fizzle.

Disney set the bar high with Frozen and I think it is one they will struggle beating for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back