• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleficent 2014 Merchandise
Well very disappointed! Maleficent limited figure came today and the outer box was fine but the actual box she came with was damaged and has fallen to pieces and the styrofoam was crushed. Maleficent herself has the tip of one of her horns snapped off! And can't find the piece to glue it back on.

I mean up on my shelf it's not that noticeable as it's just the very tip of one horn and I don't plan on selling it anyway, but it's a lot of money to spend and receive a damaged statue. Also don't really want to send back as they probably won't have another as it's sold out:(

Rang disney and they asked me to send pictures but don't no what they can do as it's sold out. Also on the box it says it comes with a certificate of authenticity which I haven't received either!

Also on the outer box it says "sample" and customs so don't no were it's come from lol considering it should be from the UK as I live in the uk and ordered from the uk. It says it's come from Yantian, China!

What do you think disney will do?

Last edited:
Oh no, that's terrible! They can at least give you a partial (if not full) refund. If you show them you are unhappy they will be reasonable, mostly.

So I ordered the lithos and took express shipping but I don't even know why because my bf wasn't home and he has to sign for it. And he can only pick it up on Monday, hooray. (._.)

Sorry to hear about what happend Matthewlondon. They should definitely refund you for that. It's an expensive collector's item that should've been treated with a lot more care.

I hope they refund me either all or half and let me keep the item as I can't afford one on eBay! And I will just live with it or if they do want it back then hopefully they have a spare lol.

I hope they refund me either all or half and let me keep the item as I can't afford one on eBay! And I will just live with it or if they do want it back then hopefully they have a spare lol.

From my experience with LE dolls and pins from the DS if they can't replace it they will only refund if you send the item back. I have called and emailed about damaged/faulty items many times now and I am always told that they are 'unable to offer gestures of goodwill due to the nature of the release'. It's so frustrating, their quality control and customer service is shocking :(

Last edited:
^ So weird. I've read people who got a refund (I think partially, though) and got to keep the item because they didn't have a spare.

Yeah I didn't think they would offer a refund unless you sent the item back! Which is silly because if I sent it back what are they going to do with it because they can't resell it. I don't know what to do, because if I get a refund and send it back then I'm going to end up spending a fortune on eBay!
If I keep it I wouldn't be able to resell in the future as it's damaged but then again I probably wouldn't resell as I love maleficent. So think will just keep it as like I said it's not noticeable from on my shelf and maybe I could sculpt a new tip. It's just annoying because it was expensive!

Im not as bothered by the box because it only ends up in the attic anyway and I didn't plan on reselling and I love Maleficent and the statue is truly beautiful and looks amazing, it's bigger than I thought too. But for an expensive product I would expect it to be perfect. Is their a chance disney could have a spare for cases like this?

Last edited:
Yeah hopefully they will, if not I will just keep it because it is a lovely piece and I would rather have it than not. Surely they can print me a new Certificate at least seen as I didn't receive one lol. It tells you the number on the base but it says you should get a certificate as well.

Does anyone no why it had all the customs labels on and said it was from China? It had on invoice March 2014 maleficent and darth vader figures and price in Chinese! I haven't ordered a Darth Vader! I'm so used to disneys packaging with Mickey on the cardboard box that it's odd to get a packaging that doesn't and has sample stickers on it!

Last edited:
When mu ursula LE doll had damaged paxkaging (more then hust a fee wrinkles on the outer box, the interior plastic was completely cracked) thry game me a full refund and got to keep the item. Aside from that Maleficent turned out very nice and on the bright side at least you paid the regular price vs paying an arm and a leg on ebay only to receive it broken.

Well fingers crossed I will get something, but I defiantly don't want to return it unless they have another! And yeah I'm glad I got it for retail and not an arm and leg on eBay lol. Got her up on my shelf and I must say she does look very nice! The face and base are beautiful! Very lucky the staff wasn't broken as that would have been much more noticeable.
I got number 201 of 300.

Last edited:
Disney Store customer service is horrendous. They misplaced 2 items of mine now. That were 'delivered' but I never saw them again and then sold out so they offer a refund. I don't want a refund I want to item I paid for. They never go any further than that. It's disgusting they can just lose / damage LE items then just say oh sorry here's your money

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Matthew maaan!!! U got Maleficent 40th an. doll!!!
Which doll is that?

Still undecided what to with the statue! It's really nice and up on my shelf I can't see the damage and it looks so nice but knowing it's their annoys me lol! Do you know what I mean? Part of me thinks just get money back if they don't have another and get the classic doll and save yourself £100 and other part just thinks keep it.

Honestly, if they didn't offer me a full refund, I would go OFF!! Simply because you paid for a BRAND NEW expensive Maleficent statue, not a broken one. I understand things happen during shipping but disney needs to really pack their items more safely. I rarely order from the online store anymore because 90% of the time! my items came damaged! I would rather get the hottoys version anyway and you can pose her any way you want. I know for myself, that would bother me because I know it's broken:/

Been reading the outer box and it turns out the US got 200 and the rest were shipped to the UK from china! I got number 201 so the first one to the uk. Mine was the one "sample" opened at customs, so maybe they broke it and lost the certificate. It has the whole order from china on the invoice! I'm surprised disney let it leave that with the info on. I have decided I want a refund and if they let me keep it fine but otherwise I would rather send it back. The paint job up close is also sloppy and it doesn't look anymore like Jolie than the classic doll. My bf said it looks cheap and looked better on the box. It looks nice from a distance but up close not so much.

What I would do is contact Disney and find out if they can either refund or send you another one. If they can send you a new one, do that but if they don't have anymore and want you to send it back to them for a refund I would just keep it. It seems nice regardless of its flaws. I am so sorry that happened to you though :(. Disney seems to have a horrible customer service when it comes to this kind of this stuff so I can only wish you the best of luck!

Yeah I will let you know what Disney say, it's okay but I don't want to keep it if I can't get a refund as it really is worthless now. Tbh it's not worth £125 more like £50 as facially it's the same as the classic doll but with a worse paint job. Hopefully they don't take weeks to contact me back lol! If they had checked it before sending it me then it would have been fine. I'm also missing my invoice as it just comes with the Chinese invoice which isn't mine lol. So overall it's missing my invoice,certificate of authenticity, horns broke and box is ruined lol and the paint job could be improved lol.

Tbh all of the merchandise for Maleficent has been a bit crap IMO nothing looks like Angelina:( The Jakks one looks a lot better facially.

Last edited:
Now that I look at it, the statue does look eerily similar to the Film Collection Doll but, as you said, with a worse paint job. That is rather disappointing :(. I personally love the merchandise released so far, but its underwhelming when compared to past live action releases. To be perfectly honest, I think this whole Frozen craze put Disney back a lot and they had to limit their merchandise for things like Maleficent, which sucks a lot. Still, I love the Disney Store dolls (Jakks are nice too and I plan on picking up the Coronation Maleficent doll by them eventually, but I feel like more work was put into the Disney Store versions) and I like things like the journal and the pin set, but we could have had a lot more. I feel like even Oz the Great and Powerful had more than this. Anyways, I do hope you get your money back as the condition it came in is ridiculous beyond levels.

I do like the mugs and journals it's just a shame we don't have anything with a brilliant Angelina likeness, but theirs always the hot toys figure! Oz did get more merchandise I feel though.
Regarding the statue it is very similar to the classic doll but with a worse paint job. From the side it's not too bad but front on it looks nothing like her! The classic doll that's fine as it's £25 but the statue at £125 should be a lot better, will see what disney say but even if it was flawless it's not that nice or worth the money as it just doesn't look like Jolie.

I'm just hoping disney don't mess the Sleeping beauty LE dolls up and I can them :)

I hope all works out for you in getting a refund. As I first thought based on Disney's other statues like this it's simply not worth the money. I am going to stick with the Disney Store dolls(which imo do look like Jolie) and the Jakks Pacific Coronation doll as well as the hot toys version. I need to order her when I get pigmentosa along with some other Maleficent merchandise. Though I may wait on the mugs as I don't want them to arrive broken. Good luck with getting a refund matthewlondon

Thank you:)

This was my first statue from Disney so wasn't sure what to expect as the stock photos are lovely but actual item and paint job not so nice and worth the money.I'm gunna just get the hot toys and disney store dolls instead. The disney store Maleficent classic doll is sold out again on the Uk site btw.

Maleficent doll sold out online and movie is not even out. Matthew the doll I was talking about is the one U bought from ebay month or so ago. She is missing the crow and shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back