• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Disneyland pin wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Disneyland pin wall

hopemax

DPF Super Moderator
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
So I finally got a good chunk of my DL pins on the wall. Unfortunately, it's not all of them. If my cat will cooperate, I think I have room for 2 more seagrass boards, if I can find some. These are 2000-2005. I still have some pre-pin trading era pins to display. But since many of those are brooch style, they won't work on boards. Dining pins, which will get their own frame like the poster series. And everything after 2005, which I hope 2 more boards will be enough space for, although, I think I can squeeze in a 3rd on the opposite wall.

Overview
IMG_5602.jpg

2000-2001 - 45th Anniversary
IMG_5604.jpg

2001-2003
IMG_5605.jpg

2003-2004
IMG_5606.jpg

2005 - 50th anniversary
IMG_5607.jpg

Poster series
IMG_5603.jpg

Misc: COM silverframed, band series, tiered attractions set
IMG_5608.jpg

Wow, amazing collection! Totally love your frame, especially the posters - they look incredible all together!

Thanks so much for sharing! :)

That is an amazing collection and so nicely done. Those are some very beautiful, special pins and you must have worked really hard to collect them all. Nicely done.

Thanks guys. Since I've been collecting for forever, most of these were acquired at the time of original release. I'm not sure if Disneyland old timers are familiar, but when Cynthia Harriss was in charge there was something called the Disneyland Advisory Council. It's purpose was for collectors to provide feedback to Disney about what they wanted to see for food, merchandise, special events. Not sure how much Disney actually listened, but in 2001 my parents served and that meant they went to DL quarterly. I saved my pennies in order to send my parents with about $200 each trip to buy me pins. I also had a couple of visits for the NFFC convention in July. Then in 2003, my husband and I moved from WA to AZ. The first year we lived in AZ we visited DL 5 times.

Thankfully, this coincided with the release of the poster series. Actually, the first row were primarily collected via cast lanyard trading. Yep, Alice in Wonderland poster series pin on a lanyard. They just weren't that popular originally. Those were the good old days, before the HM/cast lanyard pin series and so they "refreshed" the lanyards with pins that didn't sell out. The lunch box pins, 3 of the 4 Pinocchio pins, and a good chunk of the attraction pins all came from lanyard trading. I also got lucky in that someone on the DIS Collectors board sold the Haunted Mansion one at cost, once upon a time. Most of the rest of the posters I was able to purchase myself, but the last batch I relied on the help of a friend who lived in SoCal. It was probably the least stressful multi-month release set I was able to complete. But it just goes to show, that given enough time, pins you thought were no big deal, can appreciate and become wanted pins.

My DL collection goes a bit off the rails after 2005. My parents moved to FL, so even though it was only 7 hours to DL my trips took me to the other coast. Then in 2008, we moved up to CO. I haven't been to DL since March 2006, and it's killing me. I'm pressing my husband hard, to go in late Sept, this year to see the DCA redo and the Halloween decorations.

Wow you have some awesome pins! I love seeing other people's collections! I hope you get back to DL this year! I live in Northern California and really wish I lived closer! :p

Awesome wall of pins! I especially love your poster pins and the older character of the month pins. I haven't seen those around in a long time. Very nice!:cheshire:

I only have one of the poster pins, but seeing yours all together makes me want them all, they look amazing as a set! Thanks for sharing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back