• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Pins! - Update 8/12/12! Added Halloween Pins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! Here is how I explained it over on Dizpins before:

The main frame is actually an $8 cork board and the outer frames are $3 8x10 and 8.5x11.5 document frames. The backing for the outside frames is two sheets of foam board for $2.50 a piece. Throw in a can of grey spray paint for $3 and a few hundred pins that......let's just say they were lying around and leave it at that ...... $58 and many hours later...... TADA!!!!! I taped tracing paper to the cork board and drew the Mickey. After that it was just a lot of careful placing and when I was done I tore off the paper. And that's it!

I probably worked on the Mickey over two nights so maybe 6 to 8 hours total. The Tink went faster in setup because I knew what I was doing by then but the pin placement took a lot longer because I didn't have as wide of a selection to choose from. Besides my Stitches, Halloween, and some series pins, most of my keepers make up the Mickey and Tink. I even had to convert some traders to keepers!

Oh my god! I echo everyone else's sentiments as well! Superb job! the Mickey and Tink silhouettes are genius and very well executed. Kudos! *standing ovation*

As for the Tink pics not showing up, I had trouble viewing them as well while at work. Apparently they are hosted on a different site than the other pictures, and since my company blocks MOST blog and forum sites (thankfully not this one :p) they didn't show up for me. So you might be having trouble downloading from that particular site as well.

Jesse

The most creative and beautiful way i have ever seen pins displayed, WOW totally AMAZING!!!

love love love love LOVE!!! gives me ideas once i'm ready to display some of mine...thanks for the info on how to do it, and thanks so much for sharing!!

Fantastic job on those-wow! You gave me some ideas for my new big corkboard, thanks for sharing!

Wow, those are amazing!!! I have been trying to figure out how to frame some of my favorites. You are super creative, love them!

Kari :wavey:

You are some kind of amazing!!! I really think you have a special talent and should consider sharing your skills by hosting classes or something. I am very serious and people who truly appreciate your craft would be willing to pay for some lessons, I know I would!

Keep up the great work and please bless us all by sharing them with us! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back