• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! OMG DOLL ZAPPED by Our Oklahoma Family!! (Lots of Pics!)

ZAPPED! OMG DOLL ZAPPED by Our Oklahoma Family!! (Lots of Pics!)

lost-sun-princess

a princess worth waiting for
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Last week, I had oral surgery. I have severe anxiety around doctors and dentists, and well into my adult life even the most routine dental checkup would send me into shaking fits, tears, and panic attacks. So to go into oral surgery -- well you can imagine how my week went.

Luckily, this is when friends step up and help you out. The night before my surgery, I stayed up pretty late and was chatting with Darris and Angie, Alex, Jenna and Laney and they had me in STITCHES laughing so hard at the stupidest and silliest things. (None of which, for the record, had anything to do with pins!) It really helped take my mind off of the fear of my surgery and put me in a really good place. So for that, I wanted to say thank you to my little family. I am so lucky to have you guys and I definitely couldn't have made it through that night without you all making me laugh.

Flash forward to today. Somewhere in my pre-surgery giggle fit, we got to talking about my collection and how I was missing just one Disney Store Tangled doll - I have every Tangled doll released by the Disney Store including the LE 17"... (and I'm only missing two Mattel dolls) but one was always unattainable: 17" Mother Gothel.

"Oh. Don't worry," says the wizard and his wife.

Today I came home to this:

Vsz6kFa.jpg

... A giant UPS box with amazing duct tape: could only be from one family. (And that's Quorra, she wouldn't get the heck out of my picture.)

erJiJMj.jpg

... I recognize those bags anywhere. (Because I spend too much at the Disney Store :facepalm:)

0p40slB.jpg

Right around here is where my hands start to shake so if the pictures get blurry, it's because the reality of what is behind this bubble wrap is slowly setting in.

Ck0pRcp.jpg

Dan said he heard the shrieking and screaming from the parking lot, and I think my next door neighbors thought someone was being murdered in my apartment.

c8Q3ZCl.jpg

I am lucky enough to have 17" blonde Rapunzel and 17" wedding Rapunzel and honestly, Mother Gothel rounds them out as some of the most beautiful dolls I have ever seen. I cannot believe the attention to detail and the accuracy on this doll. The rhinestones on her bodice, her face mold, the paint job - even her finger nails being painted the right color just totally took my breath away. I totally understand why people get so excited over new 17" LE dolls - they are some of the most gorgeous I've seen Disney produce.

OD6Nxh4.jpg

Here she is with her counterpart. Home at last.

Darris and Angie, thank you. I know there has been a lot of words and opinions stated here at DPF over the past few days and heaven knows there have been some pretty derogatory and ugly things said about me and my friends, but this is the honest truth: I love the Wax family as I do my own family. I mean, they'll be at our wedding!! :D At no point do they pressure us or pay us or reward us for being their friends or saying what we believe and feel. We're just there for one another, which is what being a family is all about. While Dan and I are so fortunate and grateful to have been given so many amazing and beautiful things, what means the most to us is being able to spend time with them and talking with them. I had my stitches removed today and when I called my mom to tell her how everything went, I just kept saying, "This week would have been a LOT worse without Darris, Angie and my friends."

So that's it! That's the story of my 17" Mother Gothel and how fortunate and insanely grateful I am to the Wax family for helping make this former pipe dream come true for me. Now my Disney Store doll collection is complete, and once we are moved in a more permanent home, they will be on full display! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Congratulations J'aimie! <3 we all love you! You deserve everything! Congratulations and way to go Angie and Darris! This is insanely kind of you :)

Glad to hear all went well at the oral surgeon. I am also reduced to tears whenever I have to go :(

and what a beautiful doll! Congratulations :) and way to go Wax family.

I love dolls and she is stunning. Congrats on the great zap and I'm glad you got through the surgery. I also have anxiety about the doctor/dentist, so I can relate. :p

awe congrats jaime your really lucky to have such wonderful friends im so glad your surgery went well and so happy you have your mother gothel doll right where she belongs :)

Thank you very much, everyone! Hours after unpacking her, I still find myself staring in awe!! Even Dan is impressed by this one! :) And thanks for the kindness around my surgery. Still feels a bit weird, but I'm well on the road to recovery and I'm really glad to have it behind me!! Dentists, man... Scary stuff!

tumblr_ljutygJZO21qhdexto1_400.gif

lol OK in all seriousness I cannot help but feel that this zap was the definition of perfection haha Not just because she was the last one you needed but because, since you just got surgery, you'll obviously be inside much of the time so now that she's with you, I cannot help but see her just saying:

tumblr_lr49ao8kHD1qi4ns0o1_500.gif

And then explaining to you how you shouldn't :lol: That is one heck of a zap ^_^ But, I mean...when the Waxes play ball, they don't play around...

Last edited:
Back