• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Once Upon a Time Merchandise/Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Upon a Time Merchandise/Dolls

You're welcome!

The sorcerers paid $2000 for their tickets so I'm sure they want to try to recoup some of that cost.

That's a good point. I just hope scalpers don't go crazy with the reselling. I know that some people are obviously going to attend just to get get merch to sell.

You're welcome!

That's a good point. I just hope scalpers don't go crazy with the reselling. I know that some people are obviously going to attend just to get get merch to sell.

It's going to take a lot of merchandise to recoup $2000 for the ticket, lol. Well, $1850 since a regular 3-day ticket is $150.

The sorcerers paid $2000 for their tickets so I'm sure they want to try to recoup some of that cost.

I can't believe that a Sorcerer's Package really costs that much money. :eek:

But for only 300 sets, I still think it would be a shame if it was mostly scalpers who got their hands on these particular dolls, especially when it's taken into consideration that they were signed by the cast and clearly meant for collecting purposes based on the back of the box. Because for every person who waits in line for hours to get this set just to sell it on eBay and fetch a profit, there will be one person who really wants the set for their collection or to give to a friend/family member and misses out. :(

That said, I really hope that everyone here who wants to add this set to their collection will be able to (and that it will be less than a 12 hour wait)!

:)

Last edited:
This will be my first time, but I've heard that the lines to get in the stores for anything are crazy. Even worse than the lines for the panels. My question is do they release everything the first day or do they spread the merchandise releases throughout the weekend? I don't want to wait in lines for hours on Friday only to find that they're not releasing the dolls until Saturday, for instance.
Thats what I'm wondering too. I had asked one other person but it is their first time going too. Let me know if you find anything out

It's going to take a lot of merchandise to recoup $2000 for the ticket, lol. Well, $1850 since a regular 3-day ticket is $150.

Good point again lol. I am not against re-selling entirely seeing that is an awful lot for a ticket, but I just don't want a lot of people who really want the dolls to miss out on them because most of them ended up on eBay.

I understand that, and honestly I wouldn't see any problem with scalping dolls if they were available to everyone for an extended period of time. But for only 300 sets, it would be a shame if mostly scalpers got their hands on these particular dolls, especially when they could also be signed by the cast and go to fans who love the show or doll collectors who would always appreciate their significance and not how much money it could fetch online. I

This set is even more amazing than it seemed before now that they can actually be autographed by Lana Parrilla and Ginnifer Goodwin, and I wish everyone giving them a shot all the best so long as they are doing it for the dolls and not for their wallets. :D

Exactly. I don't care if someone resells some of the stuff they get; I think it is okay within reason. But it's one thing to buy maybe one extra of something to resell, and another if you're buying, say, five or ten of the same item like some people do. If you buy everything up just so you can resell at an exorbitant price, you are taking away the chance for people who actually WANT the item to get it at a retail price (and in this case get an autograph as well).

If someone gets a few LE dolls and sells them for around $900-$1000 (didn't that display set of the OUAT dolls on ebay go for a whopping $950?) they would make a return on their ticket, and then some, pretty quickly.

And full disclosure, I am actually on the waiting list for the Sorcerer's package, so I'm not being critical or judgmental of people who get these packages, only the behavior of the few people who take advantage. I don't believe everyone who signed up for a Sorcerer's package is a scalper, but there are obviously a few who are. (And I'm sure there are regular ticket goers who are scalpers too!)

If I had gotten a Sorcerer's ticket, yes, I'd have been over the moon that I had first chance to get any LE exclusive merchandise, but I would also be respectful and considerate so others could have a chance. That's all I'm saying. I really am grateful to even be going to my first expo, and I guess I shouldn't be complaining at all when others don't even have a chance to attend the event, but I do get frustrated when people make it harder for other people because of their greed.

Really though, I think the question of scalpers is probably irrelevant in this case, because unfortunately, the LE size is so small that even if everyone on the Sorcerer's list was above board and those who wanted them stuck to a limit of one each, there still won't be all that many left for regular ticketgoers, which is a shame. I wish Disney had made the edition size larger, but with the autograph session happening with it, they probably couldn't. Oh well, no one ever said life was fair! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The only fair solution is to ask them to scan tickets or magic bands when buying limited edition merch. So one person can't exceed the limit. But if a scalper brings their friend over to buy another then nothing can be done cause they are treated like a new guest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had gotten a Sorcerer's ticket, yes, I'd have been over the moon that I had first chance to get any LE exclusive merchandise, but I would also be respectful and considerate so others could have a chance. That's all I'm saying. I really am grateful to even be going to my first expo, and I guess I shouldn't be complaining at all when others don't even have a chance to attend the event, but I do get frustrated when people make it harder for other people because of their greed.

Really though, I think the question of scalpers is probably irrelevant in this case, because unfortunately, the LE size is so small that even if everyone on the Sorcerer's list was above board and those who wanted them stuck to a limit of one each, there still won't be all that many left for regular ticketgoers, which is a shame. I wish Disney had made the edition size larger, but with the autograph session happening with it, they probably couldn't. Oh well, no one ever said life was fair! :rolleyes:

I've heard rumors of anywhere between 300 and 500 sorcerer tickets being sold. Even assuming on the low end, if each of the 300 sorcerers bought the OUAT set, there won't be any left for the general public. I expect Disney to know that already and just released the information on the D23 blog to generate buzz, especially if they are planning an OE set of the characters (but not in these specific outfits).

I've heard rumors of anywhere between 300 and 500 sorcerer tickets being sold. Even assuming on the low end, if each of the 300 sorcerers bought the OUAT set, there won't be any left for the general public. I expect Disney to know that already and just released the information on the D23 blog to generate buzz, especially if they are planning an OE set of the characters (but not in these specific outfits).

Yeah that's what I heard too. If there is no chance for a doll at all, I can accept that. I just wish D23 would release some information beforehand so people don't stand in line for hours for nothing when they could be doing something else.

Last edited:
The only fair solution is to ask them to scan tickets or magic bands when buying limited edition merch. So one person can't exceed the limit. But if a scalper brings their friend over to buy another then nothing can be done cause they are treated like a new guest.

I think a lottery system for a chance to buy would be the fairest thing and would eliminate people having to stand in lines all day. But I don't know if that would be feasible with the huge number of people that attend.

Last edited:
I think a lottery system for a chance to buy would be the fairest thing and would eliminate people having to stand in lines all day. But I don't know if that would be feasible with the huge number of people that attend.

All the lottery system does is mix the order of people. First in line to put their name might not get the doll, but the very last person might get the doll. I don't see that as being fair.

Also.. Why not introduce the open limited edition system? Have people preorder and then determine how many dolls to make. That's very feasible too. It might ruin the fun of owning a very limited edition item; but if you're in this hobby just because it says "limited edition" on the box, then that's not Disney's problem.

All the lottery system does is mix the order of people. First in line to put their name might not get the doll, but the very last person might get the doll. I don't see that as being fair.

Also.. Why not introduce the open limited edition system? Have people preorder and then determine how many dolls to make. That's very feasible too. It might ruin the fun of owning a very limited edition item; but if you're in this hobby just because it says "limited edition" on the box, then that's not Disney's problem.

Personally, I hate all this limited edition crap. I just want to be able to collect the dolls I like without all of this stress; I don't care how many other people have them. I collect other dolls that are open edition, limited run and not so hard to obtain, and honestly, I enjoy those dolls just as much as my "limited edition" ones. Unfortunately, I am a huge Disney fan and I really do love these dolls --- that's the only reason I put up with all this nonsense! :)

Generally, I prefer the wait-in-line, first come-first serve option, but in this case with such a small edition size, I'd rather take a few minutes to put my name in a lottery for an equal chance than wait in line for 12 hours for a doll that may or may not even be there, wasting precious expo time when I could be doing something else.

Last edited:
Really there are multiple ways Disney can go about these doll/LE item releases. At the end of the day, regardless of what Disney does however, scalpers are always going to get a certain amount of the stock and not everyone is going to get what they want. I just want everyone to at least have a fair chance at getting the items that they want. These OUAT dolls are no different. But again, I think they will get a mass release anyways, so the only thing people will probably be missing out on here is the chance to have them signed and the special packaging they come in.

Really there are multiple ways Disney can go about these doll/LE item releases. At the end of the day, regardless of what Disney does however, scalpers are always going to get a certain amount of the stock and not everyone is going to get what they want. I just want everyone to at least have a fair chance at getting the items that they want. These OUAT dolls are no different. But again, I think they will get a mass release anyways, so the only thing people will probably be missing out on here is the chance to have them signed and the special packaging they come in.

Yeah, I'm hoping these LE dolls are just a preview of what is to come. It would be awesome if we got a mass release of all of the main characters. There is supposed to be another autograph session with the OUAT actors (separate from the doll signings) at the expo, so there is still a chance to get an autograph even if you don't get a doll. Hopefully, Lana Parrilla and Ginnifer Goodwin will be there for that one too.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm hoping these LE dolls are just a preview of what is to come. It would be awesome if we got a mass release of all of the main characters. There is supposed to be another autograph session with the OUAT actors (separate from the doll signings) at the expo, so there is still a chance to get an autograph even if you don't get a doll. Hopefully, Lana Parrilla and Ginnifer Goodwin will be there for that one too.

I will be pretty shocked if these don't get a mass release of some kind lol. The boxes they come in look like generic film collection doll boxes, and they look like two separate dolls that were just glued together for the sake of being an LE set. When, and if, they do a mass released line, I hope they at least give us Emma, Charming, and Hook to go along with Snow and Regina (though a Rumple and Belle set would be amazing)!

And im sure Gennifer and Lana will be at the main OUAT panel too. It would be weird for them to be at the expo and then not appear for the main panel that will be talking about the upcoming season lol.

I will be pretty shocked if these don't get a mass release of some kind lol. The boxes they come in look like generic film collection doll boxes, and they look like two separate dolls that were just glued together for the sake of being an LE set. When, and if, they do a mass released line, I hope they at least give us Emma, Charming, and Hook to go along with Snow and Regina (though a Rumple and Belle set would be amazing)!

And im sure Gennifer and Lana will be at the main OUAT panel too. It would be weird for them to be at the expo and then not appear for the main panel that will be talking about the upcoming season lol.

Oh yeah, I'm sure they'll be at the panel, I was just wondering about the autograph sessions. Thinking they might have those two signing dolls, while other actors are at the 'regular 'autograph session -- the two signing sessions are scheduled very close together.

Oh yeah, I'm sure they'll be at the panel, I was just wondering about the autograph sessions. Thinking they might have those two signing dolls, while other actors are at the 'regular 'autograph session -- the two signing sessions are scheduled very close together.

I think they will be at both signings. At least I hope they will be. It would be a terrible move on Disney's part to only allow Ginnifer and Lana to give autographs to people who buy those dolls. That would make this whole exclusive doll situation even worse seeing they are already so limited. But I think they will be at both, especially since D23 is such a big event. I don't think there have been very many OUAT signings where they have been excluded anyways.

I think they will be at both signings. At least I hope they will be. It would be a terrible move on Disney's part to only allow Ginnifer and Lana to give autographs to people who buy those dolls. That would make this whole exclusive doll situation even worse seeing they are already so limited. But I think they will be at both, especially since D23 is such a big event. I don't think there have been very many OUAT signings where they have been excluded anyways.

I'm sure you're right. I think fans would be pretty darn mad if they excluded two of the main actors from the general signings.

the VIP signing is only 40 minutes long so it makes sense they'd go to both.

Also, don't forget if you do manage to et a dll by other means, maybe you a get it signed by them at anther event comic con or some such)

the VIP signing is only 40 minutes long so it makes sense they'd go to both.

Also, don't forget if you do manage to et a dll by other means, maybe you a get it signed by them at anther event comic con or some such)

Thanks, that's a good point. I looked at the schedule again and there is a break between the autograph sessions so I'm sure they'll be at both, and the schedule specifically says they will be at the panel. If I manage to see the panel, and maybe get an autograph, I will be content. Hope I get a chance at the LE dolls, but if not, it won't ruin my weekend. I'm just so excited to be going to the expo and Disneyland, because about two months ago I didn't think I'd be going at all. I think I had a little 'freak out' moment after the announcement....(THIS: :eek::anxious::mad::cry::sigh:)....but I've since recovered. LOL.

Last edited:
Thanks, that's a good point. I looked at the schedule again and there is a break between the autograph sessions so I'm sure they'll be at both, and the schedule specifically says they will be at the panel. If I manage to see the panel, and maybe get an autograph, I will be content. Hope I get a chance at the LE dolls, but if not, it won't ruin my weekend. I'm just so excited to be going to the expo and Disneyland, because about two months ago I didn't think I'd be going at all. I think I had a little 'freak out' moment after the announcement....(THIS: :eek::anxious::mad::cry::sigh:)....but I've since recovered. LOL.

I hope you can get everything that you want at the expo! Hopefully the doll situation won't be nearly as bad as we are expecting it to be. As a huge Disney and ONCE fan, I wish I could go to the expo myself. Its definitely on my bucket list to go one of these years lol. :x:

This is going to be another disaster. We all know these dolls will be taken up by the greedy scalpers who will just sell it for 10x the original price. I saw a display set go for $910. ._. They will take advantage of the fact that there will be autograph signings too. I just miss the good ol' days when there were only a few dolls per year. I think we will have 9 this year not including the upcoming designer sets. :/

Tbh I think autograph would look better nicely matted and framed with a photo of the actor/ess on display with any dolls, rather than on the box where it might be hard to see or subject to fade. At least on paper you can make sure to preserve it properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back