• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

peter pan pomh out early ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there were some that were released early, they were released at Greetings and Fly n' Buy. After I bought mine a friend of mine said they pulled them from Fly n' Buy; they said they sold half of their allotment already! Last I heard there were 3 at Greetings when my friend left the parks today.

My drive to DLR is almost 1-1/2 hours, I planned on going Thursday and I that's when I can go and am going. I will be really :mad: :mad::mad: if there aren't any left. I only buy one for my collection, it's the only full series I want this year.

Yeah, yeah, I know Disney can do what they want, but I'm still :anxious: about it.​

we need to try and complain or something . i could have went but didnt because they said thursday . i gonna be really mad if i dont get one with tink or peter .

These goofs aren't new for Disney, so they shouldn't come as a surprise. Also, these pins have not been selling out the first day, heck they haven't even been selling out the first few weeks, and you will probably be able to purchase them on DS.com soon. No need to fret... yet.

I know it happens still - but with a release like this it is very avoidable. The "good" scenes have been selling out within one or two days . . . . and I bet the I can fly scene will have a lot without characters in them. :0(

Omg that is crazy . . . . Nana - hmmmm was she outside or in the room?

Outside the room. The scene I got was when she was trying to fly by flapping her ears. I saw quite a few scenes with no characters, just London backdrop. It seems Disney has been making more screw ups than usual lately with Limited Edition merchandise...

I just dont get why DIsney keeps making these little "goofs"

OK this pisses me off. It just means that there were some idiots that saw boxes of pins and thought they were being so helpful by putting them on the shelves for sale without looking at the release date on the freakin box. I was supposed to grab some to help out DPF people and friends that couldn't make the day of too, and I was gonna try to get good scenes. And those are the stores I go to because no one else usually goes there and the good stuff sticks around a lot longer than say at Little Green Men or Ho. They need to start doing some basic intelligence testing and problem solving skills evaluations before they hire people.

hey, could somebody please pick me one up?! I can pay by Paypal as soon as is needed! :anxious: I'm quite dissapointed about the early release :(

We can meet up and complain together :p
I am willing to meet up with some people and see who we can talk to about this. I don't care how many goofs Disney has made it does not make it acceptable. If you say you are going to do something on a designated date thats when it should be done period. I know people were planning on driving or making a special trip to get these pins, myself being one of them, and if your collecting the whole series thats once a month. Quite a commitment if you don't live close. So needless to say I am upset and I will join a few other traders to talk to someone about it.Obviously its to late but still voices should be heard even if we do leave city hall looking like 'crazy traders'. These pins sell and the only reason there are some left after a week or two is because they are horses butts, bananas, black sky or something like that. So just tell me where, maybe they will have an explination. I know they must have a lot of new hires for summer so maybe thats what happened.

I really think you guys are over reacting here. Mistakes happen sometimes. Those cast members are only human. Why do we have to complain and give them a hard time so often? Don't you think that is why they don't like pin traders and collectors. Because we can be a huge pain in the you know where!. So a few pins got out in just 2 stores. Big deal! It happens. There are 2000 of these pins and the vast majority of the stores did not release them yesterday. Also, the Jungle Book is still not sold out and new pins are arriving in the stores all the time with great scenes. Seriously people, get a grip! :bigthumb:

They need to start doing some basic intelligence testing and problem solving skills evaluations before they hire people.

Dude....come on. That's a little harsh. I know people are a little worked up and anxious about the pin, but cut these people some slack. We don't know the circumstances of how it happened and it doesn't even sound like that many were even released so I think people are blowing this way out of proportion. To insult someone's intelligence over a mistake is taking it too far. Haven't you ever made a mistake? These people's lives don't revolve around pins and they've got all the other store merchendise to deal with as well, not to mention the crabby customers. This isn't the end of the world.

It sucks, I get it. But I'm also confused why it is so upsetting if you live far away....I mean, with the price of gas where it is, wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy the darn thing off ebay rather than drive for three hours round trip to get it yourself?

This is why working in retail sucks :( Mistakes happen, and while it sucks for both ends, I think the associates get the brunt end of it. I put a pair of sunglasses on the shelf last week and then found out they're not supposed to go out until July. I don't think that makes someone stupid - there was no release date on a memo for me to read, and I'm sure whoever put those few pins out didn't have one either. From personal experience you will get further with people in retail if you're polite and nice about it. I can sympathize with that. What I won't tolerate is someone that treats me like an idiot.

I do hope you guys get your pins, and I'm sure you will :)

And we wonder why Disney seems to be limiting trading? Ever wonder how much stress we cause them? This is supposed to be fun people! They are human just like us and they make mistakes too. Give them a break, I want a great scene as much as you all do but there are so many other, larger, more important things to stress about. life is short, lighten up.

Because we can be a huge pain in the you know where!.

I think you mean horses butt. :bigthumb:

And we wonder why Disney seems to be limiting trading? Ever wonder how much stress we cause them? This is supposed to be fun people! They are human just like us and they make mistakes too. Give them a break, I want a great scene as much as you all do but there are so many other, larger, more important things to stress about. life is short, lighten up.

And that's coming from a HUGE Peter Pan completist....

I also have worked retail for quite some time and I understand that mistakes happen more often than the customer knows. So that is why you address management. I would never complain or to a worker as I view all retail associates in the same boat as I, kinda thing. And yes there are more important things in life and its not a trader vs. disney mindset. It is simply a customer issue. I could not offer morning specials the day before to the customers there and then on the advertised date say ' sorry we are all out we sold them yesterday.' I just believe from a retail point of view your job is customer service. So what better way to gain information from your customer than feedback? Any time there are multiple people involved in something will eventually go wrong. I am not talking about storming city hall with protest signs I just think that a those who feel the need to ask what happened should, politely of course, We have all been new at one time to something and it's a learning process. It's managements job to educate their employees.

But something has already been done. The pins were pulled on that day when they realized the mistake. So obviously they know. What else is complaining going to do? It has already been taken care of. Done and finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back