• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

peter pan pomh out early ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
peter pan pomh out early ?
Well...I got my pin. By the time I got there (after noon) there was, as you can imagine, no problem with crowds! Fly 'n' Buy and Greetings were completely sold out, but I got one at WOD. All they had were pins with Nana, and I got a really cute one. Later in the afternoon some of the stores had restocked, but one or two people only said they lucked out and got a Tinkerbell. But I saw some with John, more Nanas and a couple of oddball ones ("What IS that? Oh, the house.") The most bizarre one was...well, I won't tell you what we were calling it, but it was part of Nana, and not her butt. Picture Nana at an, er, certain female doctor's appointment, um, in a *reclining* position. Yeah. Some genius put a film strip of THAT in the pin. :eek2:

Anyway, if you want one of John, we saw a few, and a lot of Nana.

We're 1 police-car-upside-down-on-fire away from making disney pin riot news :O

s-APTOPIX-GREECE-RIOTS-large.jpg

"Back off, coppers!! Just give me my Tinker Bell pin and no one gets hurt!!"

Does anyone know if Crystal had problems? I thought I saw in the thread where someone pushed in front of her in line

Yes..they are only 2 per person per day on limited edition pins...but we cant really complain much when we(pin traders) ask a certain other pin trader on this forum to pick up over 35 of these things every month!! You think she is the only one. Think of all the others that then sell them.

WOW. Just last night I heard a little bird say that 50 pins went home with sumone. I drove all the way down to DLR for a early fathers dad with my fam. I went two 3 shops and out of about 60 pins (total for all 3 shops at close...and grad night was going to happen) there was 1 of the house window. 1 of part of roof. 1 with john daling. 2 with just stars and about 55 of dog. It makes me sad that someone would buy that many and more sad that the cm let it happen. Its one thing to help a few friends. BUT anything more than a pin or 2 is BS. Any of the pushing and other crap i read about is BS too. This is supost to b for fun and for fans. please think of the ppl here also. Its very nice to help out. but lets not get so caried away. As fo the guys that push or what ever. Sum one should complain. I would not stand for that.

oh.. I got the one of john darling flying. Just one for our fam to share and as my dads day gift. (got the DSF fathersday pin also) thanks babe

Its one thing to help a few friends.
So...what, in your opinion, should be the actual number limit to help "a few friends" get the pin, if they don't live near any of the parks, and you're just going to sell the pins to them at cost (plus shipping), i.e., not making any profit from it? I'll bet if you lived in someplace like Idaho you'd be happy if someone got a pin for you that you were dying to get (and maybe not for sale online), and wouldn't be so concerned about other people actually at the parks being able to get what they want or not.

I personally don't have a problem with it if the buyer is playing by the rules: buying a max of two pins at a time. Yes, Disney's rule (theoretically) is that you buy two LE pins per day only, but until they implement a system to keep track of that for all LE pins, it's not going to necessarily work out that way.

Not trying to be snippy, just playing devil's advocate here.

So...what, in your opinion, should be the actual number limit to help "a few friends" get the pin, if they don't live near any of the parks, and you're just going to sell the pins to them at cost (plus shipping), i.e., not making any profit from it? I'll bet if you lived in someplace like Idaho you'd be happy if someone got a pin for you that you were dying to get (and maybe not for sale online), and wouldn't be so concerned about other people actually at the parks being able to get what they want or not.

I personally don't have a problem with it if the buyer is playing by the rules: buying a max of two pins at a time. Yes, Disney's rule (theoretically) is that you buy two LE pins per day only, but until they implement a system to keep track of that for all LE pins, it's not going to necessarily work out that way.

Not trying to be snippy, just playing devil's advocate here.

I agree it is very nice to help people..however there are several people every time that ask her to pick up from 3-5 each. That ends up making it totally out of hand, and not fair to those that do drive hours to try to get a pin.

and just an FYI, they do have a system in place that tracks and only lets cast members by certain amounts...I am sure passholders will be next, then at least the sellers will not be able to get there discount when buying huge amounts of them.

I think they should just dump all of the pins into a cage and let in five people at a time and give them 60 seconds to find and fight over whatever scene they want. And then charge spectators to watch the Pin Cage Match. :)

im always down for devils advocate. I dont know that there is a number of whats cool to help. but for sure 30 for one pearson and 50 for another. oh and the 2 guys with 20 each. so that 120 pins for just 4 ppl. So had this been a le 500 there would now b 380 for all the rest of disney fans. Thats a crazy number.....At that point i guess all i can do is head to DLR with my 3 P. ap cards and buy whole racks of pins so i can get what i want. Than as long as i sell them for rack rate. Its ok Right ?? The odd part is.. and dont get me wrong. but part of the things at parks are to give us a reason to go. Lots of ppl spend big bucks at the parks and if they had no reason to go. they would not spend the money and the whole hobby would b hurt. yes fans far away need pins to. and i feel luck that i am close. but with that said lets not rape the parks and say its for fans. I dont know the number thats ok. i guess its how u feel. and sum ppl will feel that 50 is ok. guess we have to wait tell disney stands up for its own rules. this is just me 2 cents. and im new so may i dont know much.

ps. just talking and hope not to upset anyone. I love disney and the pins. its all for fun for me.

Joking aside, I think the crux of the matter is that these pins aren't all created equal. If it was just a normal LE 2000 pin and someone wanted to get 50.....why I don't know.....but who cares? But in this case, they are picking over all the good stuff and leaving the carcasses behind...that gets sticky. On one hand you can argue that getting them for people here at cost is ok....but what about all the people that didn't make the cut or don't have a friend to do that for them? Then, if they don't live close, they are left with ebay. So, if that's your source, then you'd hope that they get good scenes....

It is a sticky problem, but I think both cases should be treated the same. You may have one person buying 30 of them but selling them at cost to predetermined people. On the other hand you have a seller buying 30 of them to sell at mark-up but not dictating who gets them. Kind of 6 of one and half a dozen of the other in my eyes.....

On a slightly different note....if these are so picked over, where the heck are they??? Are people hoarding them or something? There hasn't been a very wide selection on ebay so far and there aren't very many people trading them on Pinpics yet either. :dunno:

...and just an FYI, they do have a system in place that tracks and only lets
cast members by certain amounts...I am sure passholders will be next, then at
least the sellers will not be able to get there discount when buying huge
amounts of them.
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here...I was referring to Disney being able to keep track of regular guests buying LE pins. At each location the CM can/should let the buyer get only two pins per the rule, but if the buyer is using cash and going to multiple locations, even buying only two at a time, Disney can't keep track of how many LE pins in a series the buyer is getting. The only way Disney could really keep track of parkwide pin binges by greedy guests is probably to wristband it, but of course, determined buyers will find a way to get more pins than they're supposed to be allotted some way (having other people buy for them, etc.--which has been going on for years).

About people buying tons of pins for people not near parks: It's just odd to me that people object to one person buying a lot of pins for people who need them (and not making a profit off it themselves), but if all those people did live near a park and could buy the pins themselves, no one would object. So my pondering is why is it bad for someone to get the away-from-park-people a pin, but good or okay if those people were able to physically walk into the park and get it themselves? (I totally agree that there's no need to be greedy and get the away-from-the-park people multiple pins, but one or two--the limit anyway--seems okay to me.) I'm not saying I like it (because, y'know, if it prevents me from getting MY one pin, that's annoying), but I don't necessarily object to the method.

About people buying tons of pins for people not near parks: It's just odd to me that people object to one person buying a lot of pins for people who need them (and not making a profit off it themselves), but if all those people did live near a park and could buy the pins themselves, no one would object. So my pondering is why is it bad for someone to get the away-from-park-people a pin, but good or okay if those people were able to physically walk into the park and get it themselves? (I totally agree that there's no need to be greedy and get the away-from-the-park people multiple pins, but one or two--the limit anyway--seems okay to me.) I'm not saying I like it (because, y'know, if it prevents me from getting MY one pin, that's annoying), but I don't necessarily object to the method.

I don't think there is a big objection to it. But, cost aside, isn't that what ebay sellers are doing as well? I mean, I just look at it a little differently. I could jump into the group buying thing here, but I choose not to because there is no guarantee the buyer is going to be able to find me a cell I will like, especially if they are trying to please 20 other people at the same time. And I certainly wouldn't expect that person to put a ton of effort into hunting a good one down when they aren't really getting anything out of it. To me, it is worth paying the markup on ebay so that I can see what I am buying and know exactly what I am getting (keeping in mind that these are unique pins, with a standard pin I may feel slightly different).

I'm sure if I lived near the park I might feel differently, similar to how I view Disneystore.com pins differently. Those I can buy myself. So if I'm up at release time and someone swoops in and hogs all the pins so that I can't get one at cost, then that torks me off. In this situation, if I were at the park when it opened and I was right there in line and got shoved out of the way and I don't get a pin I like, then yeah, I'm not going to be a happy camper. But if I stroll in 6 hours later and can't find one I like, well, then I'd have to blame myself. It really just depends on the situation. This really isn't cut and dry...

Last edited:
i think 1 or 2 pins is ok. but when you do that for 25 ppl that 50 pins. thats not cool. And yes it would b ok if they all lived here and went to get the pin. If you want it from in the park. You have to pay to get in. Thats my point. Im not saying that the away ppl should never get a pin. But if not for the ppl close to parks and spending lots of money at the parks. We wouldnt even have a park or pins at all. Lets see.. Devils Advocate agian. IF i live in AL and i want one P.Pan pin. Thats cool right. $20 just have a friend buy it for me. Now. i wanted a pin so I drove 2.5 hours than went in park. had food and a drink while walking around a bit. Got my pin. Talked to sum friends. Than drove home anothe 2 hours. (yes one way is faster) so for me to get the $20 i spent around $200 becuse of gas and everthing else. Mayb i should give up my 3 APs and just have friends get me what i want.....i would save lots of doe that way....

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here...I was referring to Disney being able to keep track of regular guests buying LE pins. At each location the CM can/should let the buyer get only two pins per the rule, but if the buyer is using cash and going to multiple locations, even buying only two at a time, ]

when you use your annual pass for a discount they scan it and they can track it, and already do so with cast member purchase both in the park and at company D.

Yes, but sometimes the CMs are new, or they don't know/haven't been told there's a limit.

The only problem this time is that the guy who sold the 11 pins each to the 2 guys at WDW DTD was not new. He was there in February when we were last there, so I would imagine he would know what the rules are. He just didn't want to deal with it. His name is Ed if anyone wants to know.

Also, another thing, the 2 guys that bought the 11 pins each must have been there before DTD had opened so they could get the pins because my parents got there about 10 minutes or so after they opened.

One reason people get so worked up is because they are hearing about how Cast Members are selling more than 2 of these pins per person and so they get worried that they aren't going to get a pin and that the only way they will is to buy these pins from people off of eBay for 3 times the amount they were originally sold for. When you have a job you need to follow the rules.

Also... if it was not for Pin Traders... these Cast Members wouldn't have a job.

Oh and the difference between what Crystal here on DPF is doing and those guys who bought 22 pins is that Crystral is not doing it for profit, she is doing it to be nice. These guys are doing it to make a lot of money and to rip people off.

Last edited:
Maybe what they should do is make all these dpfh pins mystery and put them in black packages just like the mystery pins and use the same rules they use for the mystery pins. no fighting over getting there first or anything like that. 2 per person no returns cause you didnt like the scene. but then disney should really screen the cells they put in the pins to make sure that there is a character that can easily be seen, no "forest, rooftop, fireworks, or just pixie dust type of cells. and then if you realy want a certain character people will Just have to TRADE for what they want. oh my gosh did i say TRADE for a pin?????
ok waiting for the fireworks to end lol. the way i see it it would be alot fairer to everyone. and cast members wont be hassled to go to the back and get more packs out to look thru. and the big time ebay sellers might not buy as many not knowing exactly what scene they will get.

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here...I was referring to Disney being able to keep track of regular guests buying LE pins. At each location the CM can/should let the buyer get only two pins per the rule, but if the buyer is using cash and going to multiple locations, even buying only two at a time, Disney can't keep track of how many LE pins in a series the buyer is getting. The only way Disney could really keep track of parkwide pin binges by greedy guests is probably to wristband it, but of course, determined buyers will find a way to get more pins than they're supposed to be allotted some way (having other people buy for them, etc.--which has been going on for years).

Many locals with passes are going to the park to get their one or two pins and find that they can not get a decent scene because a few people have gone to all the stores and purchased all the good ones for whatever reason, for profit or not. This does not allow passholders who are legitimately collecting the series to get their pin. Many passholders drive for miles, take a day off work, etc. There should definitely be a wristband situation here. It is simply unfair that 4 people are walking out with over 120 pins (all the good scenes of course). I think I will suggest the wristband idea to cast members and city hall the next time I go. It can work if it is done the right way. This is just getting ridiculous.

Last edited:
Maybe what they shouls do is make all these dpfh pins mystery and put them in black packages just like the mystery pins and use the same rules they use for the mystery pins. no fighting over getting there first or anything like that. 2 per person no returns cause you didnt like the scene. but then disney should realy screen the cells they put in the pins to make sure that there is a character that can easily be seen, no "forest, rooftop, fireworks, or just pixie dust type of cells. and then if you realy want a certain character people will Just have to TRADE for what they want. oh my gosh did i say TRADE for a pin?????
ok waiting for the fireworks to end lol. the way i see it it would be alot fairer to everyone. and cast members wont be hassled to go to the back and get more packs out to look thru. and the big time ebay sellers might not buy as many not knowing exactly what scene they will get.
i like this idea

Does anyone know when they usually sell the POMH online? Does it start right away or do they wait a few days?

Dude....come on. That's a little harsh. I know people are a little worked up and anxious about the pin, but cut these people some slack. We don't know the circumstances of how it happened and it doesn't even sound like that many were even released so I think people are blowing this way out of proportion. To insult someone's intelligence over a mistake is taking it too far. Haven't you ever made a mistake? These people's lives don't revolve around pins and they've got all the other store merchendise to deal with as well, not to mention the crabby customers. This isn't the end of the world.

It sucks, I get it. But I'm also confused why it is so upsetting if you live far away....I mean, with the price of gas where it is, wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy the darn thing off ebay rather than drive for three hours round trip to get it yourself?

I agree ~ This is pin trading and it should be fun and exciting!!! Not a mob beat down!!!!

Many locals with passes are going to the park to get their one or two pins and find that they can not get a decent scene because a few people have gone to all the stores and purchased all the good ones for whatever reason, for profit or not. This does not allow passholders who are legitimately collecting the series to get their pin. Many passholders drive for miles, take a day off work, etc. There should definitely be a wristband situation here. It is simply unfair that 4 people are walking out with over 120 pins (all the good scenes of course). I think I will suggest the wristband idea to cast members and city hall the next time I go. It can work if it is done the right way. This is just getting ridiculous.

the problem with the wristbands is that you are going to have the same type of rush to be the first in line to look at multiples of the pin even with the wrist bands!! and of course the other way to get around and have different accounts and friends to ge the wristbands and can i say 2nd chance line madness as well??? I had thought of that as well but still had major problems with it as i stated above. the other way of making them a mystery pin is better i think as you wont have the mad rushes looking for the "good character or scenes" and if someone didnt get the "good one" they wanted they can't keep returning it for a better one. alot of the cards ended up getting mangled and the fingerprints all over the plastic film was not nice to see later in the day.

Last edited:
And we wonder why Disney seems to be limiting trading? Ever wonder how much stress we cause them? This is supposed to be fun people! They are human just like us and they make mistakes too. Give them a break, I want a great scene as much as you all do but there are so many other, larger, more important things to stress about. life is short, lighten up.

You are so RIGHT on the money ~ thats why half the Disney Calf. employees don't wear tradinig lanyards, I shared a bench @ Disney just this last January with a purchasing manager @ Disney who said "Some of our traders are so in your face and mean that the employee don't want to deal with them. In Calf. they have a choice to trade with park guest, in FLA its required. I asked why and he said its a management choice!! So chill out people before you scare all the cast members into hiding their lanyards!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back