• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

peter pan pomh out early ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
peter pan pomh out early ?
i got my baby boy the Cars 2 opening day pin 3 weeks ago. Its a le 1500 and i didnt even know it was supost to come out 6-23 or sumthing. i saw it and asked how many were left. they said 10. i got one and my friend got 2. we joked that we should get them all. now looking back. if we knew the were not out. we would have got them all for friends and dpf ppl. Not let the ebay guy sell them for over 20. we payed under 10

It's not just this pin - they have released LEs before the release date on numerous occasions! And even when I have told them, hey that doesnt come out til x date and show them in their own book they say oh well we are told to put them out as they arrive - and for ANY other pin I say that is ok. B

ut I take the day off work on these particular release dates. This one just urgs me. I know that they did not release the pins early to "intentionally" upset, hurt, annoy or whatever other word you want to use. But they do need to educate their pin associates. I can't tell you how many times when I was purchasing pins, I asked to buy completer pins and the person behind the counter said "What's a completer pin?"

I just think that pins are the only merchandise that has release dates on a consistant basis and that it shouldn't be that hard to make sure they get out on the right days. And this is actually not the first time they released the pomh early - they also did it on the Cinderella ones. I chalked it up to a simple mistake - but then they turned out to be the hardest ones to find a good scene. The only way I will complain tomorrow is if these end up like that.

wow that sucks. I'm suing for emotional distress.
OMG, I was drinking a glass of water and almost spit it out laughing!

I agree with Karen. You have a place that employs thousands of people. Mistakes are made. Btw, it may have been some manager or lead who told the backstage CM to put the pins out. And, as Karen said, it HAS been remedied, they pulled the ones mistakenly put out and put them back.

Take a chill pill, everyone. If you complain to anyone at Disney, they're going to apologize and maybe tell you they realized what happened and put the pins back for release on Thursday. What the heck else can they do? Haven't you ever made a mistake before (on the job or ever)? Life--and retail--isn't perfect. What do you want, blood? :shock:

Calm down, everyone.

I dont mean to be a bringer of bad news but... my mom just told me some disappointing news.
She went to DTD today at WDW, and said that one of the Cast Members told her how these 2 guys ended up buying 22 of the Peter Pan POMH pins... and most of them were of Tinker Bell and another lady bought 7 of them. If I'm correct, aren't Limited Edition pins limited to 2 per person?

Last edited:
I dont mean to be a bringer of bad luck but.... my mom just told me some disappointing news.
She went to DTD today at WDW, and said that one of the Cast Members told her how these 2 guys ended up buying 22 of the Peter Pan POMH pins... and most of them were of Tinker Bell and another lady bought 7 of them. If I'm correct, aren't Limited Edition pins limited to 2 per person?

Wow, I thought it was limited to 2 per person as well. That's disappointing that 3 people can buy 30 pins like that.

They are supposed to be two pins per person. Again--stuff like this happens.

[Edit]

Really? Shoving to get a pin, and one that's so far plentiful in stock? Really?

I'm on my way over to DLR to get my ONE Peter Pan pin (and another rack pin I've been drooling over the release over). Anyone shoves me, they're going to rue the day, y'know?

Last edited:

I agree, stuff does happen but I think that is a pretty big and stupid mistake. Selling 11 Limited Edition pins to 1 person. I think that is a bit excessive. You know those people aren't planning on keeping all of them.

My mom and dad could've bought more, but they only bought 2 total of the Tinker Bell ones they could find. All the rest of the Tinker Bells were taken by the 2 guys that were together that got 22 total. They probably ended up with some of the ones where all 5 of the characters are seen flying over London which is going to be a pretty popular scene I would imagine.

Last edited:

Btw, a certain NICE pin trader *ahem* texted me this morning that while she was in line (or getting in line) at WOD, some a-hole (my word) person SHOVED her. She complained to a CM who I guess talked to this jerk, the liar said SHE was the one *bumped* into. The CM didn't see it happen, so it was a case of she said/a-hole said. :mad:

Really? Shoving to get a pin, and one that's so far plentiful in stock? Really?

I'm on my way over to DLR to get my ONE Peter Pan pin (and another rack pin I've been drooling over the release over). Anyone shoves me, they're going to rue the day, y'know?

I was waiting at WOD with these traders and pretty much no one was in the right. As soon as the doors opened, they RAN for the pins and literally grabbed the entire stock. Me and my friend were like really guys? Not going to leave any for others to look at? Around that time two of them were pushing and yelling but at that point who cares who shoved who? Both were making a scene and hogging the pins. It's just pins and its things like this that give pin trading a bad name.

Yes, but sometimes the CMs are new, or they don't know/haven't been told there's a limit. Yes, even in places like DTD Pin Traders, where you think they'd know, since all they sell is pins. I've walked into Pin Traders and asked a CM if they had a certain pin (such as a popular LE) and they had NO idea what I was talking about, had to ask another CM, who usually knew.

There's no use getting all worked up and angry about stuff like this (and believe me, I really, REALLY want to get a pin of this entire series): It's happened before, it still happens, and I can guarantee you, it will happen again. And as a lot of people posted here, there will eventually be some for sale on DisneyShopping online. Why develop an ulcer over it. It's A PIN. Not a cure for cancer. Perspective, people, perspective.

I was waiting at WOD with these traders and pretty much no one was in the right. As soon as the doors opened, they RAN for the pins and literally grabbed the entire stock. Me and my friend were like really guys? Not going to leave any for others to look at? Around that time two of them were pushing and yelling but at that point who cares who shoved who? Both were making a scene and hogging the pins. It's just pins and its things like this that give pin trading a bad name.
ya I was there. People need to remember this is all fun! I mean I love pin trading! There's no need to push and shove people who share the same interest. We all love the same thing! Plus I really think this kind of scene should never happen when children could be present. But that's just me. All in all, THEYRE JUST PINS.

How dare they have the AUDACITY to put these pins out early!!!!!

lol nah...probably just some worker trying to help out. Even though this is a repeat thing, Disney has insane amounts of workers and I highly doubt the same person is putting pins out early. What IS sad are these people in line acting like they're in Vancouver after losing a hockey game.

If someone shoves you, sue them!

Defense: "Your honor, I was standing in line and the person in front of me had all of the good Tinker Bell scene Disney Pins"...

I can just see next month being a wristband now....this is going to suck. We're all going to have to go to Lil Green Men wait in a freakin two hour line on a Thursday morning, look thru our allotted amount cause you know some disgruntled manager is gonna say you can only look thru 4 pins, and then thats it. The set is gonna be ruined if we only have the chance to look through a few of the damn things.

I am gonna hate this thing if I have to do a wristband for it. The way it is set up now is going to be the most efficient way possible for Disney to continue with them. Wristbands are gonna cause a considerable amount of negativity to an already stressful morning. Spreading them around to the different shops is key to our finding good cels and not waiting for hours.

At this rate, they may not be listed on the site, if they sell that fast at the
parks.
Don't worry, I think they will be; I think Disney is setting some of them aside to sell online. People were going nuts for the Alice pins and some of them showed up online.

wow all that hassle in Cali, here at WDW, I just walked up, asked to see the pins, the CM took the entire rack down and handed them to me, I went through about 45 pins, picked out the ones i wanted<and yes I only got two per person > I dont see what the hassle is?
Are the pin traders and sharks in that close a proximity out there in DLR that foul language and pushing/shoving is the norm?
Now you have folks getting all pissy that they may not get the "best" pin, its a hobby gang!!!!

GET A GRIP. Its a hobby,!! If you need to go complain about a retail boo boo or shove and use foul language in arguments over pins. Do us all a favor or two huh?

A> Get a grip and get overyourself its a hobby, if your that nuerotic or addicted seek help!!
B> Get a life, you got nothing better to do with your time than flame some poor, paid weakly by the hour, store employee, like they somehow just ravaged your daugther ??

ITS a pin, not the last drop of water on earth,!!!

How dare they have the AUDACITY to put these pins out early!!!!!

lol nah...probably just some worker trying to help out. Even though this is a repeat thing, Disney has insane amounts of workers and I highly doubt the same person is putting pins out early. What IS sad are these people in line acting like they're in Vancouver after losing a hockey game.

If someone shoves you, sue them!

Defense: "Your honor, I was standing in line and the person in front of me had all of the good Tinker Bell scene Disney Pins"...

Hahahaha, so true! I was a cast member in stores from 2004-05 (in Tomorrowland & LGM) and I was too embarrassed to tell my coworkers I was a pin trader because pin traders had such a bad reputation (even back then) of having a sense of entitlement and generally being a hassle. This is not to say that all pin traders are bad or trouble makers. From the cast member's perspective, cast members work in multiple locations and have to deal with more pressing matters than pin trading/releases. There's just too many cast members in too many locations for there not to be an innocent accident like releasing a pin early.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought it was limited to 2 per person as well. That's disappointing that 3 people can buy 30 pins like that.

Yes..they are only 2 per person per day on limited edition pins...but we cant really complain much when we(pin traders) ask a certain other pin trader on this forum to pick up over 35 of these things every month!! You think she is the only one. Think of all the others that then sell them.

Does anyone know how many of the 2000 pins go to WDW and how many go to DLR and to Disneystore.com?

I figured there would be more at WDW since they have 4 parks compared to only 2 at DLR. I wonder if there is a way to know???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back