• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Goals and Accomplishments Thread

Pin Goals and Accomplishments Thread

hopemax

DPF Super Moderator
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
So on a non-Disney forum where I participate, in 2024 some members started a thread where they could post some tasks they wanted to accomplish that day, or that week,. It's something that many people might think about in their head, but sometimes by posting and updating it adds a little bit of accountability and motivates you to not just think about how it needs doing, but actually to do it. So I thought that might be something useful to generate a little more activity around here, and get our pins more organized... which is something that used to get posted in Pin Resolutions threads frequently.

So for example, here's mine

Today: Get Trade Arcade table on Pin & Pop finished Done!
Today: Finish getting pins obtained on recent WDW trip inventoried on Pin & Pop and Pinpics Done!
Before Saturday: Try to get as many of my incomplete blind box sets in my Pin & Pop inventory, marked as ISOs, and grails marked so I know what I'm looking for
This week: Get all pins that need organizing, in one room, and not on 5 different tables.
End of Feb: Develop a plan of attack for getting collection inventoried on Pin & Pop

Last edited:
Oohh good idea..

I want to get more involved in online trading again- having my traders only out once a year is boring…

But I have zero idea how people trade online now days 😂

I want to get an insta going for pins primarily about tripping down pin history lane because I feel it’s important to remember where it’s come from especially as we are staring down year 25 😳

I need to actually finish my pin room (again) and get my lanyards back on the wall

I need to actually put my new pins awsy in their proper places

I need to frame my DCL 25th pins

Oohh good idea..

I want to get more involved in online trading again- having my traders only out once a year is boring…

I want to get an insta going for pins primarily about tripping down pin history lane because I feel it’s important to remember where it’s come from especially as we are staring down year 25 😳

I need to actually finish my pin room (again) and get my lanyards back on the wall

Can't wait to see your DCL frame!

Oohh good idea..

Please be sure to let us know when you've got Instagram up and running, I'd love to follow a pin history account!

At the beginning of each year, my goal is to inventory and sort my pins from the previous year. It usually takes several months. lol But I'm trying to commit at least several hours a month to the project and I've been making a fair amount of progress already on last year's pins. But Goal #1 is to finish that up so the only pins still out and uncatalogued are from this year, not last year!

Goal #2 is to replace the pins I got last year that turned out to be damaged after I'd traded for them. Only found a few thus far thankfully, but will see if any more get added as I finish going through last year's pins. I still have one or two older pins that are damaged as well, but they're too high end for me to deal with replacing them (two DisneyAuction 100's).

Goal #3 is the longer-term goal of taking my year-end lists and inserting them into my overall (outdated) pin list so that everything is up to date all together. I'm several years behind on this, sadly, as I just managed getting the year-end lists done. I get asked on occasion how many pins I have and at this point I have no clue. I used to have a count and I'd be curious where I'm at now (excluding random duplicates or duplicates that are set aside for trade someday).

We'll see which, if any of these I get done any time soon!

So I did get my 2 goals for yesterday accomplished. Although, after I finished the 2nd I went straight to bed. However, I realized another thing I should probably get done for Trade Arcade. Add some traders that aren't on my table, to make offers on other people's tables. Since this is my first Trade Arcade, I just went easy and it's like all Disney Parks or Loungefly blind box pins. Easy trades, that would help me and others complete sets. But some of the pins I've marked as Watched are either bigger or smaller trades.

Today: Add Hidden Mickey trader pins to P&P Done!
Today: Add some LE trader pins to P&P

Another thing that I did to help me get cleaned up.... Like many of you, I'm sure, I have a bazillion incomplete blind box series and some POTM. Some of them I've picked up additions either through trades or sales... but they aren't in the same place as the rest of the series. I don't know which binder many sets ended up in, and I have like 3 storage containers that have pins in original boxes, as well as piles in about 3 different rooms. So I've created an Excel sheet where I list: Series name, How complete I am (?/X), if they've been inventoried on Pinpics, if they've been inventoried on P&P, missing pins marked as grails on P&P for Trade Arcade, and whether they are in their permanent home or still boxed, and where that home is. I did about a half dozen sets yesterday, and plan on doing more today. So we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:
So I did get my 2 goals for yesterday accomplished. Although, after I finished the 2nd I went straight to bed. However, I realized another thing I should probably get done for Trade Arcade. Add some traders that aren't on my table, to make offers on other people's tables. Since this is my first Trade Arcade, I just went easy and it's like all Disney Parks or Loungefly blind box pins. Easy trades, that would help me and others complete sets. But some of the pins I've marked as Watched are either bigger or smaller trades.

Today: Add Hidden Mickey trader pins to P&P
Today: Add some LE trader pins to P&P

Another thing that I did to help me get cleaned up.... Like many of you, I'm sure, I have a bazillion incomplete blind box series and some POTM. Some of them I've picked up additions either through trades or sales... but they aren't in the same place as the rest of the series. I don't know which binder many sets ended up in, and I have like 3 storage containers that have pins in original boxes, as well as piles in about 3 different rooms. So I've created an Excel sheet where I list: Series name, How complete I am (?/X), if they've been inventoried on Pinpics, if they've been inventoried on P&P, missing pins marked as grails on P&P for Trade Arcade, and whether they are in their permanent home or still boxed, and where that home is. I did about a half dozen sets yesterday, and plan on doing more today. So we'll see how that goes.
What is the name of your table at P & P?

I just remembered that I have been wanting to start a new shadow box with the newer (last 4 years) Aristocats pins I have acquired. 50th anniversary, etc.
Maybe if I state that out loud, I will finally accomplish it. Thanks for this thread Hope. :)

Oohh good idea..

We need to talk. :D

As all of you might have seen, things are getting spruced up and changing around here a bit. Because I think there are lots of us that are in the same boat. Cicada and I have chatted, and separately in other chat with other DPFers and staff, about the state of Disney Pin Trading, and what role can a forum like DPF play in a social media world, and we think there is still a solid role to be played. With the pin community so fractured, how do people even go about trading these days? Facebook, Instagram... but what if you're more old school? IMO, this is why many of my pin friends are fans of Pin & Pop's Trade Arcade, and I finally am not travelling or just back from travelling and able to participate. So if you haven't looked at their website or the Trade Arcade thread down in the Gatherings, Meetups, Events forum, take a peak. And so much time has passed that what was common knowledge "back in the day" isn't anymore. I'm coming to terms that I'll never get my planned database / website off the ground due to the technical challenges, but there are many knowledge elements that I should be able to repurpose to benefit DPF... and to quote WDW marketing... "Leave a legacy." So you guys can look for them in the coming months. But it would be great if additional old timers could contribute their view of the history as well, either directly or linking to wherever they have it.

What is the name of your table at P & P?

I just remembered that I have been wanting to start a new shadow box with the newer (last 4 years) Aristocats pins I have acquired. 50th anniversary, etc.
Maybe if I state that out loud, I will finally accomplish it. Thanks for this thread Hope. :)
It's got my username in the title, so I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

We need to talk. :D

As all of you might have seen, things are getting spruced up and changing around here a bit. Because I think there are lots of us that are in the same boat. Cicada and I have chatted, and separately in other chat with other DPFers and staff, about the state of Disney Pin Trading, and what role can a forum like DPF play in a social media world, and we think there is still a solid role to be played. With the pin community so fractured, how do people even go about trading these days? Facebook, Instagram... but what if you're more old school? IMO, this is why many of my pin friends are fans of Pin & Pop's Trade Arcade, and I finally am not travelling or just back from travelling and able to participate. So if you haven't looked at their website or the Trade Arcade thread down in the Gatherings, Meetups, Events forum, take a peak. And so much time has passed that what was common knowledge "back in the day" isn't anymore. I'm coming to terms that I'll never get my planned database / website off the ground due to the technical challenges, but there are many knowledge elements that I should be able to repurpose to benefit DPF... and to quote WDW marketing... "Leave a legacy." So you guys can look for them in the coming months. But it would be great if additional old timers could contribute their view of the history as well, either directly or linking to wherever they have it.
Definitely…

The more I noodle my ideas the more it feels like it’s the right direction to go.. so count me in..

I did succeed in getting many Hidden Mickey / Hidden Disney pins into P&P. Not all, because my pins are a mess, but enough that I have something to potentially offer if someone has an ISO on their table. LE's goal, not so much. But my big accomplishment, which I didn't even list as a goal, was I got all of my Tiny Kingdom keepers, traders and ISOs inventoried on P&P. In doing so, my collection and trader numbers jumped substantially. I also started working on getting my WDW Hidden Mickey / Disney keepers inventoried. And found a few surprises with missing pins. Some are shared releases, so they could be in DLR bag or oopsies and I missed them. Also, one of my Tiny Kingdom boxes, didn't have Tiny Kingdom in it at all! It was a random assortment of HM pins I think I got out of the pouches and pins I had traded with CMs one trip. I did find the Cruella HM I had been missing, so that was at least something.

Today: Finish inventorying Bag 2 of WDW Hidden Mickeys on P&P. Done!
Today: Start inventorying Bag of DLR Hidden Disney/Mickey keepers (the most recent stuff, because I have a few ISOs to prioritize) on P&P Done!

Last edited:
I have a few pin goals I'm thinking about at the moment. Will definitely come back and update.

-Better organization system for my keepers and pins I'm hanging onto for future trading. Ziplock bags under my bed is...a choice, but I want something more organized.
-I also want to get creative with displaying more pins. I live in an apartment, and I'm not supposed to attach anything to the walls with hardware. I bought a few shadowboxes cheap at Michael's, so I want to play around with displaying some pins. I need to think about what I want to use as the backing material for these.
-Continue participating in the monthly Pin and Pop Trade Arcades to work on the park mystery sets I'm collecting.
-Develop more online pin content, like videos/pictures. I enjoyed my very informal live video of the princess box opening. I am going to WDW in May and DLR in July, and I'm planning on writing pin-focused trip reports and post them to the forum. I also want to do a collection video sometime now that I have a decent video set-up.

Got yesterday's goals accomplished! I still have a few things I want to get done before Trade Arcade starts, so this list is sort of ambitious.

Today: Finish inventorying the container of blind box pins I started yesterday. Done!
Today: Inventory the other container of blind box pins I have Done!
Today: Inventory Bag 2 of DLR Hidden Mickey pins
Today: After I am done updating my collection and ISOs... go through all the Trade Arcade tables one last time marking pins as Watched Done!

Last edited:
-I also want to get creative with displaying more pins. I live in an apartment, and I'm not supposed to attach anything to the walls with hardware. I bought a few shadowboxes cheap at Michael's, so I want to play around with displaying some pins. I need to think about what I want to use as the backing material for these.
Random suggestion: Easels and big corkboards. Keeps it mobile/unattached but on display - and you can take them with you wherever you go next. :)

I found this on Box Lunch for $14.90

30599884_hi

This afternoon's goal was to finish cataloging the last group of my 2023 pins. Got through all but 3 boxed pins I didn't feel like getting out to detail. lol

Tonight's goal is to put everything away (or at least most)! :D

ETA: Mischief managed! - I mean, most pins put away. lol

Later this year, I still really want to integrate my annual lists into my very outdated master list.

I'd also like to find the handful of pins I'd set aside a few years ago that I thought I knew where they were, but seem to have misplaced, so they can go in their proper places in the collection. :/

Last edited:
I like this. Starting with easy tasks:

done - By Mar 15, put together new spinner lanyard
done - By Mar 15, put together new St Patrick’s Day lanyard
done - By Mar 15, log newest pin acquisitions from last couple weeks into excel inventory file, and add to owns lists in PP, PTDB, and P&P
done - By Mar 15, go through DPF, DPB, and other resources to search for recently released pins I want for upcoming long weekend trip to Disneyland
done - On Mar 16, zap 1 person a pin at Disneyland
done - On Mar 17, zap 1 person a pin at DCA
done - On Mar 17, acquire DCA Food & Wine Festival pins - 2 known
By Mar 31, organize about 20 Loungefly traders currently in ziploc bag into existing trading pages, and add to traders lists in PP, PTDB, and P&P

Last edited:
By Mar 31, organize about 20 Loungefly traders currently in ziploc bag into existing trading pages, and add to traders lists in PP, PTDB, and P&P
Ooh, if you have any Wonderland (or Loki lol) Loungefly pins, I'm missing quite a few and will be at the park this weekend trading! :)

Darn no Wonderland in this pile, just a Cheshire stamp from magical mystery series 10 from another pile.
Ah, well, I'll keep hunting, thanks anyway! :) But maybe I'll run into you at the park tomorrow while pin trading. I'll be the one with tons of Marvel in my trade bag. :D

Back