• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Pics down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggest that a NEW thread be started by the new Owner(s) and get it out of this topic area.
Agreed. Just would be a professional way to approach this sensitive topic. Until the new web site is ready nothing has changed. We do appreciate the info, so please start a new discussion thread. :)

Pinpics is a pretty decisive topic... Unfortunately.

I haven't been able to log in for a while. One of the reasons I have become an absentee pin collector (pin pics or in person is way more enjoyable to me than buying pins online). Hope everything gets fixed and we start moving in the right direction again.

Another one excited the site is changing hands. Used to be an awesome site but lately it seams new pins were never added, pin trade requests never got a response. Tried to log in, couldn't. Tried to change password, no e-mail. Clicked on a link to a pin I had bookmarked and was logged in to somebody else's name.

Good to know somebody is working on it and the site isn't DEAD like I feared!

PINPICS HAS A NEW OWNER. I REPEAT, PINPICS HAS A NEW OWNER.

198038510-943689949538308-8253253027397344100-n.jpg

201187385-178870967414262-7215856587408617415-n.jpg
My deepest sympathies to the new owners. The site they are inheriting was formerly top quality (under the original owners and contributors) and now, pretty useless except for historical reference.

No sympathy needed! We are excited for what we can do and what we have planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please believe me when I say, most sincerely, good luck. You are inheriting an enormous mess and years of pent up frustration with a site that hasn't worked the way it should for a very long time.

Please believe me when I say, most sincerely, good luck. You are inheriting an enormous mess and years of pent up frustration with a site that hasn't worked the way it should for a very long time.

Hi Dancecats!
I think one thing we want to convey is that we will have a new site. Yes the current site is a hot mess. But we will put a fix on the login first. Our Programmers have secured all the data and user info/accounts with the pin info for collections, ISOs etc. We are looking to launch something new and shiny hopefully at the end of the 3rd quarter or beginning of the 4th quarter. We are asking what users want to see and have gotten some great ideas. We are Users of PinPics and know how frustrating it can be In it’s current state. Thank you for your kind words they are much appreciated

Hi Dancecats!
I think one thing we want to convey is that we will have a new site. Yes the current site is a hot mess. But we will put a fix on the login first. Our Programmers have secured all the data and user info/accounts with the pin info for collections, ISOs etc. We are looking to launch something new and shiny hopefully at the end of the 3rd quarter or beginning of the 4th quarter. We are asking what users want to see and have gotten some great ideas. We are Users of PinPics and know how frustrating it can be In it’s current state. Thank you for your kind words they are much appreciated

And while change can be so "big" to members, often times it isn't as big as it seems at first. And often there are ways to make the change work in a similar vein as the previous 'look/feel'. Again, I've just been through this, as the forum I'm on got their first major software upgrade in 7 years! It was massive, to say the least. Something to remember, too . . . as members, we often get stuck on the little things, and forget or don't realise how much it takes BTS to make and run these sites. It is a lot of energy and time and work and patience that goes into running and maintaining sites. That the new owners are taing input is amazing. I'm really happy that they even cared to listen!

I dislike change probably more than most of you. But, when it comes to pin trading, I'd rather try my best to adapt to changes like this might be than give up the hobby entirely. When the militaria forum I'm on got the update and changed, I griped. I complained. I railed at Sis for days! Weeks, I think! then I realised that I didn't want to lose the entire hobby just because of a website upgrade and change. So, I adapted and did my best and am still trying my best to recreate as closely as possible those features I really miss/liked/want and adapt to those I can't change.

All depends on the attitude. So, I'm really rooting for the best! I think they can pull it off, and I really hope it does work out in the end! I really don't want to lose pin trading! And this has the possibility of progress and improvement and maybe getting some of the bad points fixed! :)

I have literally dozens of newer pins that were never added to the database. SKU brings up nothing, search for name brings up nothing. Looking forward to adding all of these once the site is up and running again. Both individual pins and some mystery pins that don't come up. Hope my cell takes good photos, lol. Add all the info I can.

And while change can be so "big" to members, often times it isn't as big as it seems at first. And often there are ways to make the change work in a similar vein as the previous 'look/feel'. Again, I've just been through this, as the forum I'm on got their first major software upgrade in 7 years! It was massive, to say the least. Something to remember, too . . . as members, we often get stuck on the little things, and forget or don't realise how much it takes BTS to make and run these sites. It is a lot of energy and time and work and patience that goes into running and maintaining sites. That the new owners are taing input is amazing. I'm really happy that they even cared to listen!

I dislike change probably more than most of you. But, when it comes to pin trading, I'd rather try my best to adapt to changes like this might be than give up the hobby entirely. When the militaria forum I'm on got the update and changed, I griped. I complained. I railed at Sis for days! Weeks, I think! then I realised that I didn't want to lose the entire hobby just because of a website upgrade and change. So, I adapted and did my best and am still trying my best to recreate as closely as possible those features I really miss/liked/want and adapt to those I can't change.

All depends on the attitude. So, I'm really rooting for the best! I think they can pull it off, and I really hope it does work out in the end! I really don't want to lose pin trading! And this has the possibility of progress and improvement and maybe getting some of the bad points fixed! :)

We appreciate your point of view of what we are doing and will do. We also appreciate your patience

A perfect ending to this thread: We are so happy to announce that the Login function on PinPics has been FIXED and is secure. Features have been added to enhance security!! So you can now login. We would suggest changing your current PinPics Password. You can do that by signing in and then Editing Your Profile. You will enter a NEW password here and confirm it. If you have forgotten your password, then you can click Forgot Your Password and a Secure temporary password will be sent to the email you have associated with your Profile. At that point use the temporary password to sign in and then change your password by clicking Edit Profile. Here you put in your new password and confirm it and you are ready to go! We also fixed any issues with the email function (users with Hotmail accounts were not receiving emails from PinPics). If for any reason you should have an issue please email us at info@pinpics.com and we will get back to you.

A perfect ending to this thread: We are so happy to announce that the Login function on PinPics has been FIXED and is secure. Features have been added to enhance security!! So you can now login. We would suggest changing your current PinPics Password. You can do that by signing in and then Editing Your Profile. You will enter a NEW password here and confirm it. If you have forgotten your password, then you can click Forgot Your Password and a Secure temporary password will be sent to the email you have associated with your Profile. At that point use the temporary password to sign in and then change your password by clicking Edit Profile. Here you put in your new password and confirm it and you are ready to go! We also fixed any issues with the email function (users with Hotmail accounts were not receiving emails from PinPics). If for any reason you should have an issue please email us at info@pinpics.com and we will get back to you.
Yes... Not sure it is up to Pinpics to decide to end someone else's thread. Bit of arrogance really.

Yes... Not sure it is up to Pinpics to decide to end someone else's thread. Bit of arrogance really.

Weren’t you and @figment919 the ones to suggest starting a new thread instead of continuing this one?

I don’t know anything about the new owners but it seems to me everyone is really ganging up on them! Give them a freaking chance.

Since one of the people involved in New New Pinpics has experience with failing businesses, I am sure they understand that once lost, positive consumer sentiment and trust can not be re-gained by an "under new management" sign. The broken logins and the downtime were the most recent straws, and while I'm sure everyone is grateful to have those straws handled, it doesn't mean an overloaded camel isn't standing there. If someone wants to wipe the slate clean, that's their prerogative, but the default shouldn't be that everyone has to. People aren't doing anything wrong by being wary and reactive, it happens everyday to any number of businesses. And I'm sure, given the stated experience, they know that the worse shape a business was in the more work is required to get things back to a good place. I would guess, some of the experiences with prior communication attempts regarding Pinpics and their associated businesses have left their mark, and New New Pinpics have inherited that, with everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back