• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics exclusive pins???

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, when I did the eBay search, I did see the Ariel pin that somebody was asking about. But very pricey!!

The Ariel one isn't out as far as my knowledge goes. There are Character Keys (just the art) and then Character Key Pins (which is the art and a pin of the art on top of it. The only Character Key Pins that have been released thus far are the 4 in the OP (I have Aurora already for a friend), Ariel and Ursula have only been made as Character Keys so far. If they ever do release a Character Key Pin of Ariel...I'm going nuts since I agree, these pins are beautifully crafted, very vibrant and bold in colors.

Yes, those are what I was referring to. Those 2 products are only the Character Key Art, not pin has been released of them but when they are released, they'll be Jumbo and look like those 2 pieces of art there :) I have to admit it'll be a great card :D

Yes, those are what I was referring to. Those 2 products are only the Character Key Art, not pin has been released of them but when they are released, they'll be Jumbo and look like those 2 pieces of art there :) I have to admit it'll be a great card :D

ACME said no more. I specifically asked about Ariel and Ursula

So is DPF letting PinPics advertise for free on here? Running this site isn't free, other forums I'm on would be asking for sponsor fees to have another for-profit site peddling their "exclusive" wares.

yes there are 250 available, but of all four designs, and yes thier intial production was LE250, no false advertising or slyness involved, I am sorry no nefarious plans or schemes , just an offer to bring our best finds of beautiful and affordable pins to the members of our site, and remember some of our members, like here on DPF , do not live in the USA, or close to any of the major events so for them this may be the first time they see these pins, so again not nefarious, and to the nay sayers about the Premium service groups, with the discount for purchases available to Premium members about two pins a month will pay save your membership cost alone, so again we are not out to make a fortune, but we are a business just like Wallymart or Joes shubbery,

Now you do know.....

Looking at the wording of the email with your quote, I think you just prove what I was saying. I'm not buying it and nothing you say will convince me.

I think the pins are great but you don't need to "remind" people that some don't live close to the park, especially as I am one of those people. I only recently moved within driving distance of a park and still don't have the time to take advantage of this.
But, in my opinion, paying money to save money is never going to make up for still paying money if you never should have needed to pay money in the first place. Spending about $950 (or two $40 pins each month) on pins will help cover the cost of a $50 membership (and still not worth if if even if you only need to spend $500 to get back the $50)?

Again, I think these pins are very nice and I'm very happy for the people who want them. I personally just don't agree with the whole thing.

Last edited:
So is DPF letting PinPics advertise for free on here? Running this site isn't free, other forums I'm on would be asking for sponsor fees to have another for-profit site peddling their "exclusive" wares.

good question, as it might be misconstrued as a pinpics advertisement...

No... yosoyahpunch is not a pinpics employee. They posted a question regarding the email they received from pinpics. Not about a PM received here. Much like posting links to ODPT and flyers for DSS, DSUK, DLRP, posting a question with the info seems within ToS parameters. :)

Also, Lucan who is working for pinpics, simply answered questions posted here in the thread by other DPF members. In the process of answering those questions he may have given info which will drive some more interested buyers to the site. But I honestly dont think that was his intention when answering the questions. Again, just like when we ALL answer questions someone asks about an upcoming release.

I am Not a MOD, just a correspondent, but I think that is basically what would be said.

Just noticed the email myself. Liked the Aurora cel art at D23, and never got around to buying the pin off ACME's site. Might get it on Saturday if I can justify another $40 to my pin budget.

Don't worry folks. I don't work for PinPics. I just thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss. The "exclusive" indication was rather interesting to me, especially since I had heard that they were for sale at other locations at one time. They're pretty cool pins, and would look great framed. One thing I would like to know, how many of each pin will be released? We know it will not be 250. Could we have an exact number?

Don't worry folks. I don't work for PinPics. I just thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss. The "exclusive" indication was rather interesting to me, especially since I had heard that they were for sale at other locations at one time. They're pretty cool pins, and would look great framed. One thing I would like to know, how many of each pin will be released? We know it will not be 250. Could we have an exact number?

hey Alex,

Actually the exact number is not known to me, I do know we have 250<give or take a dozen or so> i am not sitting with them now, they are in Ca and I am here in FL, but yes the quantity is limited and yes they are only available thru us now.

hey Alex, Actually the exact number is not known to me, I do know we have 250<give or take a dozen or so> i am not sitting with them now, they are in Ca and I am here in FL, but yes the quantity is limited and yes they are only available thru us now.

Sounds good. I hope my comment wasn't take an as any kind of attack. I was more curious about the odds of being able to get one, knowing that there are less than. 250 of each being sold. Thank you!

Sounds good. I hope my comment wasn't take an as any kind of attack. I was more curious about the odds of being able to get one, knowing that there are less than. 250 of each being sold. Thank you!

no worries,,,,, Good luck.........I would offer to snag one for you, but again ,they are in San Diego, and Im not.....im sorry,,,,,,,,,,

I really want them. At least one. But the background and everything is custom made, right? But the pins do match perfectly are these the Original Disney Pins ?

False advertising if you ask me. These are not exclusive to PinPins, they were for sale at D23. I almost bought one. Not only that, but you can find them on eBay.

PinPics needs to be more clear in their email next time. They seem to really be going towards the money route lately.... charging for premium access, selling pins, etc etc.

I really want them. At least one. But the background and everything is custom made, right? But the pins do match perfectly are these the Original Disney Pins ?

hey Allie,
to answer in order,
A> the background matte is not custom per order however they have been made by the artist at Acme,
b> yes the pins do match what you see, and
C>yes the pins have been authorized and approved by Disney for art content and character interpetation. We would not or could not claim this if it were not so,

I thought people said they were on eBay?

Since they were sold prior to PinPics carrying them as an exclusive, it would make sense why they are found on eBay. But anything and everything is on eBay, so that shouldn't constitute the claim of "exclusive" as false. The fact that they were once sold by the company directly should.

hey Allie,
to answer in order,
A> the background matte is not custom per order however they have been made by the artist at Acme,
b> yes the pins do match what you see, and
C>yes the pins have been authorized and approved by Disney for art content and character interpetation. We would not or could not claim this if it were not so,
Ok thank you ! I just was wondering if the pins had backstamps like pintrading or origin and if they are approved by Disney

Hmm, the Aurora and Maleficent are very nice but i have to remind myself, I don't collect Aurora (well, some Briar Rose)....agh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back