• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics New Ownership Informational Discussion (as well as requests on what you would like to see available in the new site launching later in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics New Ownership Informational Discussion (as well as requests on what you would like to see available in the new site launching later in 2021)
@MollyAnne
Will PinPics be accepting and posting new pin data over the rest of the Summer, or are you on hold until the new website is complete?
Yes we will be posting new pins.

AJK's comments on submitting pictures is correct. I had many pics rejected for sundry reasons. Example, a boxed set comes out with a Chaser, you can buy the individual pins but not the Chaser. You only want the Chaser now so the only pic you can post is the Chaser from the boxed set picture - not acceptable? WAY TOO many restrictions on submission protocols - I gave up and have not submitted any pics in months.

I would appreciate if you could restore the “ search member pins” function. Without it, it is too time consuming to scroll through everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@MollyAnne Congratulations on the acquisition! We're excited for you and the pin trading community to get one of its best resources "restored".

In building pinandpop.com we've (graciously) been given permission by Ryan to use PTDB data as our foundation for virtual trading events and managing collections. We have likewise given attribution, linked to, promoted and contributed to PTDB as it benefits us as well as the community.

I think ultimately, an open database of pin data that's freely available to all or at lease to those who contribute to it would benefit the community greatly. This would allow more innovation to happen as people could spend their time imagining cool new uses for the data instead of spending all their time just trying to collect the same data.

Last edited:
AJK's comments on submitting pictures is correct. I had many pics rejected for sundry reasons. Example, a boxed set comes out with a Chaser, you can buy the individual pins but not the Chaser. You only want the Chaser now so the only pic you can post is the Chaser from the boxed set picture - not acceptable? WAY TOO many restrictions on submission protocols - I gave up and have not submitted any pics in months.

We are going to work on all of that Figment. My husband played around uploading images and ran into the same stuff….prior to us buying PinPics. Just know we are going to put user friendly first on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just thought of a really important one that I don't think I saw anyone list yet. You used to be able to click once to send out multiple trade requests to multiple people. Starting a few years ago, something got messed up and since then you had to submit separate requests for each person, which really drags out the time it takes to send out trade requests. If you could put it back to being able to send multiple at once, that would be a great fix.
Thanks.

I just thought of a really important one that I don't think I saw anyone list yet. You used to be able to click once to send out multiple trade requests to multiple people. Starting a few years ago, something got messed up and since then you had to submit separate requests for each person, which really drags out the time it takes to send out trade requests. If you could put it back to being able to send multiple at once, that would be a great fix.
Thanks.

It did? Guess that must have broken before we got really into PinPics!

Reactions: Ajk
Just FYI. The logon seems to have been fixed, but I have pins added to my Wants/Traders that I do not want,own, or have been traded away in the past. This might have been caused by the times other folks got my account information, who knows. But you need to take a look at your profile.

I thought of another suggestion, altho not sure how popular it may be, since it's a little exclusionary.
I would like an option to only get trade requests from folks who are also in the USA. I just get discouraged when I finally get a trade request, and we start discussing only for me to have to cancel on the trade due to them being in Europe usually... (I'm sorry Europe traders, the shipping costs have just gotten so brutal, and it's even harder when a trade is just for 1 to 1 pins)

I thought of another suggestion, altho not sure how popular it may be, since it's a little exclusionary.
I would like an option to only get trade requests from folks who are also in the USA. I just get discouraged when I finally get a trade request, and we start discussing only for me to have to cancel on the trade due to them being in Europe usually... (I'm sorry Europe traders, the shipping costs have just gotten so brutal, and it's even harder when a trade is just for 1 to 1 pins)

Or make the location fill-out mandatory, even if it is by country selected from a list (to eliminate people typing things that don't mean anything). I'd agree! I get so downhearted when that happens! So far, we've done one International trade, and it was not the best. I wouldn't say I wouldn't do another, but it would have to be for multiple pins that were higher in my priorities, so I don't generally look at overseas.

Or . . . just thought of something else . . . maybe the location could be displayed under the username in the Trade Request areas! That would work, too! then you'd know not to submit that request from the Trade Request spots!

Just FYI. The logon seems to have been fixed, but I have pins added to my Wants/Traders that I do not want,own, or have been traded away in the past. This might have been caused by the times other folks got my account information, who knows. But you need to take a look at your profile.

Yes someone probably added those. Sorry Figment.

Or make the location fill-out mandatory, even if it is by country selected from a list (to eliminate people typing things that don't mean anything). I'd agree! I get so downhearted when that happens! So far, we've done one International trade, and it was not the best. I wouldn't say I wouldn't do another, but it would have to be for multiple pins that were higher in my priorities, so I don't generally look at overseas.

Or . . . just thought of something else . . . maybe the location could be displayed under the username in the Trade Request areas! That would work, too! then you'd know not to submit that request from the Trade Request spots!

I think that is a good suggestion. Maybe something in your settings you can toggle off and on.

I think that is a good suggestion. Maybe something in your settings you can toggle off and on.

I think this might be a bit sad for all the non US traders like me.

I totally am for a way that everyone can easily see where people are located. I wrote that Im from Sweden under my name. But to totally lock off some traders will make the whole site a lot more unfriendly for non US users. I get that not everyone wants to do international trades, but it is quite easy to just say no too. I only make international traders since there is not a lot of traders in Sweden and this hobby would be impossible for me without them. Also grails might make someone willing to make an international trade when they normally wouldnt.

IMO a better choice would be to make it very visible where people are from in a trade request than to have options to shut out the rest of the world from even offering a trade.

But, I might be alone in this opinion. I know most traders are in USA and I know how hard it is to find people who trades internationally. I always try to start with telling people Im from Sweden in trade requests.

And I also have amazing friends in US that accepts pin mail for me in cases where US people dont want to ship to Sweden. But I would not even be able to offer that if I cant even see people who have my pins because they blocked me from making trade request because I live in Sweden.

I think this might be a bit sad for all the non US traders like me.

I totally am for a way that everyone can easily see where people are located. I wrote that Im from Sweden under my name. But to totally lock off some traders will make the whole site a lot more unfriendly for non US users. I get that not everyone wants to do international trades, but it is quite easy to just say no too. I only make international traders since there is not a lot of traders in Sweden and this hobby would be impossible for me without them. Also grails might make someone willing to make an international trade when they normally wouldnt.

IMO a better choice would be to make it very visible where people are from in a trade request than to have options to shut out the rest of the world from even offering a trade.

But, I might be alone in this opinion. I know most traders are in USA and I know how hard it is to find people who trades internationally. I always try to start with telling people Im from Sweden in trade requests.

And I also have amazing friends in US that accepts pin mail for me in cases where US people dont want to ship to Sweden. But I would not even be able to offer that if I cant even see people who have my pins because they blocked me from making trade request because I live in Sweden.

So maybe make location clearer, and have an option for “U.S. address available”?!

I agree with Snoffsan that sometimes people like her would be left out if this option were added. Also, if someone
approaches me with the offer, I usually look them up to see if their profile states their location and if the pin is
valuable to me, then I consider the value to me and the cost of shipping.

This, of course, is more difficult when I am making the offer.

I've actually had the pleasure of doing mostly international trades through Pinpics. It could just have an autofilled country in the trade request. It would satisfy Omi's desire to be able to turn down international traders while not having to be as exclusionary.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I would not knock out International trades upfront. I had a note under my screen avatar that said International Trades have to be at least 2 pins or more to make it worthwhile, both ways. Our International folks have the same mailing problems and costs, if not more, than we do in the USA.

Last edited:
I know this sounds silly but maybe you can have placeholder pics for new releases until you get the user pics, use the flyer or glamor pics online as the placeholder.

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this already but we would like to see improvements to the profile! Formatting our little account “about us” never seems to save the formatting we use when typing the information. Everything runs together and is illegible. May we suggest bullet point options be shown for themes or collections that we focus on. Ex: I collect NBC. I would like the option to have a bullet point on our account to display that NBC is a major interest for us that can be seen by other traders.

Thank you for taking the time and initiative to hear our concerns, take them seriously, and possibly have these new features in the improved site.

Have a magical day and good luck!

@MollyAnne - not so much a feature request as a request to remove new functionality (or clean it up if is intended to stay). Who owns the pin didn't use to display, but now if I search for a pin before I log in, I can click on Owns and see the user IDs of who "owns" that pin. The functionality only appears if you aren't logged in, so I'm thinking it's actually a programming bug rather than a new feature, but if it is an attempted new feature, first an apology that I didn't see the request for that, but programming wise - users who set their collection to private shouldn't have their user ids appear in the list of owns.

@MollyAnne - not so much a feature request as a request to remove new functionality (or clean it up if is intended to stay). Who owns the pin didn't use to display, but now if I search for a pin before I log in, I can click on Owns and see the user IDs of who "owns" that pin. The functionality only appears if you aren't logged in, so I'm thinking it's actually a programming bug rather than a new feature, but if it is an attempted new feature, first an apology that I didn't see the request for that, but programming wise - users who set their collection to private shouldn't have their user ids appear in the list of owns.

It's an old feature that went away at some point in version 2.0.

I agree. I also noticed that when you click on the owns, even tho my collection is set to private, my name still pops up on the owns list publicly for individual pins.

I've actually had the pleasure of doing mostly international trades through Pinpics. It could just have an autofilled country in the trade request. It would satisfy Omi's desire to be able to turn down international traders while not having to be as exclusionary.

Hi there! We would not knock out International traders. If someone does not want to sell internationally on eBay they can simply state that. I have also traded internationally with great experiences. So we will work on a solution.

It's an old feature that went away at some point in version 2.0.

I agree. I also noticed that when you click on the owns, even tho my collection is set to private, my name still pops up on the owns list publicly for individual pins.

We are working on this. This is not anything that was added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back