• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics Under New Managment!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see it as anything to worry about it would have to have been passed on to someone in the near future to ensure it continues so the switch over would have to have happened eventually. We should just look forward to what is to come.

I think this can go either really good or really bad. All I have heard is about how great their vision is and updates to come but yet, no details as far as what any of that is. If their plan is good enough to get ownership transferred, why not let the members, who are the ones that generate the content on the site, be informed as to what is coming as well. I have added a lot of content to the site over the years and am interested in where it is heading.

like I said we shouldnt be worrying about what might happen as you never know. The might not be able to let us know what will be happening as they might need funds, might need time to set it in motion or a whole number of reasons why we dont know. Could be an App, could be new features to pinpics etc who knows

And pinpics is fine at the moment so even if they didnt do anything to pinpics we cant complain haha

It should be ok. I don't think there will be any real issues unless they make some sort of giant change like charge for pinpics or erase pins just for the heck of it. And DisneylandDan, your sig. does rock something wonderful.

Okay..hopefully the powers that be on the Pinpics can improve an important features - we should be able to search by SKU. That way...all these black cards that I have in my pin book can be matched back to their pins. I know the pins will tell me the SKU -but I would like to see it vice versa. Would make my organizing much better!!

I think things should be fine. Relax a bit though. They've got a lot of weight on their shoulders. There are thousands of people counting on them to improve the site so I'm sure they feel *some* kind pressure.

I think things should be fine. Relax a bit though. They've got a lot of weight on their shoulders. There are thousands of people counting on them to improve the site so I'm sure they feel *some* kind pressure.

I am not counting on them to improve the site. I'm counting on them not to screw it up.

I think it's a little early to have an opinion. They just took over the site and as we all know changes take time. I think we are hope that the site will continue to get better and better but let's not put the cart in front of the horse. We need to be patient and see what happens before we form opinions. I for one am willing to give them a chance and as long as Figgy and Britt keep a watch for a while I think we will all be OK. I have transferred most of what is on pinpics to Excel just in case. It's always good to have a back up plan. It's taken me the better part of a year, but it has been worth it.

I will tell you what I want to see. I want to see links in the pin description so that instead of typing and/or copying & pasting pin pics #'s in the series, you can click on them immediately and you can view them. I know of course, this would take forever, especially on previous pins already listed but for the future pins, it would make life so much easier.

I for one am willing to give them a chance and as long as Figgy and Britt keep a watch for a while I think we will all be OK.QUOTE]

Uh..they sold it. They no longer have any rights to Pinpics, and would not be able to stop it from being shut down if that is what the new owners wanted to do. If they really wanted to keep "an eye on it" they should have remained as partners while changes where being made.

I am a little disappointed by the sale, as I know people who were interested and were always told Pinpics is not for sale.

Please do not be surprised if it starts to get ads, or becomes a subscription site; as I cannot figure out how/why one would purchase Pinpics if there was not a profit margin involved. And, if you think there is no profit margin for to this transfer - think again, as it would be done for FREE if profit weren't involved.

I watch with suspicion and leeriness. I contributed thousands of those pictures & information on the site with the goal of it being a free database I can use at anytime. There will be a fight if that access is limited.

Just standing on the soapbox....

Diana

Change is always something difficult to accept. Although, I think there will be growing pains, I am sure that pinpics will remain an amazing database for us pin collectors. :)

Hi Guys,

So I am gonna weigh in here on a few of your concerns. Yes we are still involved in this whole process we talk to Anthony and Samantha almost daily and we are also still moderators on both pintalk and pinpics. We aren't going anywhere. Second the core of what pinpics is right now with the TA, and access to your pins etc will always remain free. If additional major features are added those may not be but what you have right now isn't going anywhere! Third if for whatever reason they can't continue to run the website it will come back to Britt and I hopefully this puts your fears to rest about what if scenarios.

I know that they have a lot to tell you about their plans and they are planning to post something in the next day or so. Changes don't happen over night so give them some time to let you guys in on what is in the works they are gonna give you plenty of notice before they actually make any upgrades to the site.

hugs,

figgy

I am truly excited for this . . . i spent a good amount of time talking to the pinpics both when it was at NFFC and was able to tell them many features that I would like to see, all of which they seemed very happy to listen to. Also Anthony is a member here and has been for some time - not 100% sure about Samantha - So I am sure that once they implement all of their ideas they might use this forum to get more ideas :0) But lets wait for them to ask before everyone starts listing ideas.

I hadnt really thought in depth about the real impact of Pinpics changing hands, I was only seeing the positive side of it. Reading through this thread made me start to worry about what may or may not happen to Pinpics, as I rely on it heavily. Thanks to Figgy for clarifying the situation, its made me feel better about it all, knowing that the site could be returned to Britt!

Uh..they sold it. They no longer have any rights to Pinpics, and would not be able to stop it from being shut down if that is what the new owners wanted to do. If they really wanted to keep "an eye on it" they should have remained as partners while changes where being made.

Diana, several things about your post are outright incorrect. I'm going to proceed from the assumption that you're operating on rumor or conjecture instead of just making things up to incite panic.

First, allow me to clarify that the Medinas have graciously covered the hosting costs for the site. Folks may not realize how expensive this really is or how out of pocket Figgy and I were, but I'm certain that everyone will appreciate not having to rely on the donation drives every year to cover only a portion of the costs involved. Yes they have plans (which they'll announce) to add some exciting new tools for everyone to enjoy, and yes I suspect they hope to cover their expenses. This is separate from the current and ongoing operation of Pin Pics, which as Figgy said will remain freely available as it has always been.

I hope everyone recognizes and appreciates that this is a very different story than "omg they sold the ship and abandoned it!" I'm frankly somewhat offended at the suggestion, given the attention and love we've poured into this site over the last decade. Of course we and our fantastic moderators will still be partners in Pin Pics.

The fact of the matter is that I've been very busy with my job and my teenage children and I recognize that Pin Pics hasn't grown as much lately as I would have liked. The Medinas already had plans for creating their own pin trading services, and offered those same professional design resources for improving Pin Pics and covering its costs to boot. Whether you believe it or not, they're doing this for the love of the hobby and their appreciation for the work we've all put into it so far.

Figgy and I think the Medinas are the two of the kindest, most motivated people we've ever met. Perhaps you could give them a chance before drawing your own conclusions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back