• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PrincessxJasmine89's Rapunzel Custom Patterned Lanyards

Status
Not open for further replies.
PrincessxJasmine89's Rapunzel Custom Patterned Lanyards

PrincessxJasmine89

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hello everyone! :)

So, as I was watching Tangled and thinking of ways to raise money for my DLR holiday in a few weeks, I saw the pattern on the borders of her dress, and thought that it would look very nice on a lanyard...

Skirt002.jpg

Would anyone be at all interested in purchasing a lanyard patterned like this from me for their Rapunzel pins? It would all be hand embroidered onto coloured cotton webbing of your choice by yours truly, and once I get finished up with one I am currently making, I will post a picture! :) If you'd like, it doesn't even have to be this print at all! I could do any kind of embroidered pattern you like (within reason due to character licenses and stuff), on any kind of coloured webbing... I could do a sea theme for Ariel/TLM/Finding Nemo collectors, cherry blossoms for Mulan, celtic patterns for Merida, you name it! :) Please could you all let me know what you all think of this idea? I'd love to get some feedback on themes and characters, pricing ranges, preferred lengths and widths, basically everything! :) Thank you for reading, feel free to post your ideas, and have a wonderful day! <3 :)

Lanyard Themes/Ideas

• Rapunzel- Embroidered dress pattern, lanterns, Corona sun pattern, the criss cross ribbon Rapunzel has on the front of her dress? :lol:
  • Ariel- seashells, dinglehoppers :lol:, under the sea theme (will post a sample when I have one! ;) )
  • UP- light blue lanyard w/ clouds and balloons, some kind of lanyard w/ Russell's Wilderness Explorer badges? Don't know if that is too decorative for a lanyard?
  • Brave/Merida- celtic knot patterns
  • Cinderella- spools of thread (like the mice use! :) )
  • Thumper- still working on this one, Psycho Pixie! ;)
  • WALL-E- workin' on it! :)
  • Mulan- chinese symbols/writing, cherry blossoms, traditional Chinese kites, fans...
  • anything else you want to see, let me know! These are only ideas, I can do pretty much anything you like...! :)

-PrincessxJasmine89 <3

Last edited:
Hi everyone! ^_^ Thanks for all the comments so far! :) 2Infinity, I haven't worked out pricing yet, I'd like to know if anyone has a price in mind they think would be fair? :) I'm doing myself a regular sized lanyard, and I've been at it 2hrs and haven't gotten half the way around yet... I should add I am a seasoned embroiderer, as I did fashion design at college! :lol: So I'd like the price to be a reflection of the time it takes, and materials of course... but I want to keep it affordable! :)

I think you'll want to base your price not on what other people have in mind but on your cost of materials + something fair for your time. We don't know how much it's costing you, and I'd hate to see you start doing these with so much effort and have it be a big loss!

I think it's a great idea, and I'd love a Merida one. :)

Are you only going to be making regular sized lanyards or will you do some giant 2" lanyards as well? Cause if you're willing to do the giant ones, I'd surely be interested in maybe a sky themed lanyard for Up, or something you'd think would work for Wall-E. Very neat idea btw!

I think you'll want to base your price not on what other people have in mind but on your cost of materials + something fair for your time. We don't know how much it's costing you, and I'd hate to see you start doing these with so much effort and have it be a big loss!

I think it's a great idea, and I'd love a Merida one. :)

Yes, I was thinking I may just quote people prices depending on what they wanted. :) I'm still working on sourcing lanyard material from affordable sources, so hopefully materials will help keep costs low! :) Yes, I thought people would like the idea of a Merida one, with the new craze for Brave pins! ;) I hope I can work something good out so I can do a section and post it for a sample pic! :)

Are you only going to be making regular sized lanyards or will you do some giant 2" lanyards as well? Cause if you're willing to do the giant ones, I'd surely be interested in maybe a sky themed lanyard for Up, or something you'd think would work for Wall-E. Very neat idea btw!

I can cater to whichever size people would like! :) The one I am currently working on is a regular sized lanyard, just over 1/2 an inch wide. But I can try my best to find sizes which people want! :) Again, still working on sourcing good materials, so I will keep people posted. :) Oh, I can think of some ideas that would work for UP! :) Not sure about Wall-E, if I think of anything I think you would like, I will let you know! :)

what could you come up with for thumper? in a wider lanyard so that the big pins don't flop so much?

I will brainstorm some ideas for all the themes people post, and put them up for consideration on the 1st post- I will keep a Thumper theme in mind! :) Would you say 2 inches would be wide enough for the said pins? ^_^

Hey girl,
I would also like to see a picture! This sounds really cool!! I would buy some from you too!

Aw, thanks Clara! ^_^ I hope I can get a picture up soon, only thing is I'm not happy w/ the colour purple the lanyard is... it will do for my lanyard, and I will try and find a more accurate purple for other people's Punzel lanyards. :)

Thank you all for the feedback so far! ^_^ <3

Last edited:
For the Up Lanyard, you might take some inspiration from the badges in the Wilderness Explorers' Guide (see pages 49 & 53) - maybe take the Helping Hand badge and add a pin for a Good Trader badge or a Pin Scouts Honest Trader badge from the logo here on the boards http://www.amazon.com/dp/1423117654/?tag=thebroketogra-20

For Rapunzel, several strands or braids of Blond hair wrapped around the sash and maybe Pascal at the top near the sholder.

Last edited:
For the Up Lanyard, you might take some inspiration from the badges in the Wilderness Explorers' Guide (see pages 49 & 53) - maybe take the Helping Hand badge and add a pin for a Good Trader badge or a Pin Scouts Honest Trader badge from the logo here on the boards http://www.amazon.com/dp/1423117654/?tag=thebroketogra-20

For Rapunzel, several strands or braids of Blond hair wrapped around the sash and maybe Pascal at the top near the sholder.

Steve is brilliant.

I'd love a tangled one and possibly a mulan one with the cherry blossoms in the backround :) (preferably the wider ones)

Last edited:

Wow, thank you for the great tips! :D LOVE the idea of a Pin Scouts badge (I will have to ask permission from Laz! ^_^), you are a genius! :D ^_^ I will definitely try and be creative with this one! :)

I was actually thinking about doing a Rapunzel braid inspired idea! ^_^ But I wasn't sure if I'd get in trouble, as usage of Disney characters (e.g. Pascal) might be copyright and stuff... I would love to do a Rapunzel tower inspired lanyard theme, but I wasn't sure if I'd get in trouble using Disney's Rapunzel design and/or Flynn at the bottom of the tower :lol: Does anyone have advice on this? :)

Thanks again for the feedback, it really helps me! :) I will try and post prices, pictures, and materials/lanyard widths very soon....

I have a question for interested members, though: at the moment, my Rapunzel lanyard is being made with a rather thin twill-type webbing, with a decorative ribbon as the lining (on the reverse side of the lanyard). Do you all think this makes the lanyard too flimsy? What would you rather see as lanyard material? I need something dyeable in order to be able to work properly with everyone's requests, so I'd love if people could post their opinions on this. Thank you! <3

Last edited:
I have a question for interested members, though: at the moment, my Rapunzel lanyard is being made with a rather thin twill-type webbing, with a decorative ribbon as the lining (on the reverse side of the lanyard). Do you all think this makes the lanyard too flimsy? What would you rather see as lanyard material? I need something dyeable in order to be able to work properly with everyone's requests, so I'd love if people could post their opinions on this. Thank you! <3
Honestly, I'd have to see it. I'm reading what you described but it's all gibberish to me ;) Are you able to post an in-progress picture? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back