• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Should I trade my lion king collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I trade my lion king collection?

moo_moo_uk

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I'm undicided wether I should put my lion king collection on my traders as I find it quite hard to trade for lion king ones and I don't like a lot of the pins but my fav film is the lion king I only have about 29 pins at the mo what do u guys think. Thank you for your opinion.

They might be worth more trade wise when the movie is re-released on DVD and Blu Ray later this year?

I think u should keep them. They are gorgeous pins and everybody will always admire a lion king collection since these are not community pins at all. But the final dession is your, but think of how much u like them and if u really want to give up on them. Hope u doing well.

I recently went through my collection and weeded out the ones I didn't liek AS MUCH as the others. I wouldn't put up your whole collection, just go through it and see if there are some you really don't like as much as the others. :)

Patience! I have wants I've put on and taken off getting discouraged. Finally, I have one offered to ME this week. Taking it slowly and savoring the moment, AHHH!

I would have to agree with the majority. If you are a completest, it might be difficult, but just enjoy the ones you have. You just never know when that elusive LK pin will show up!!!

I am a completist, I want to own every Figaro. I haven't trade for a Figaro in over, well almost 3 years now. I only need 13 Figaro's and like Pokemon, I'll have them all. (I have to resort to auction sites for the newer Figaro's). If you're asking us, then you're not sure and life shouldn't have any doubts (ok thats the Disney talking). Keep them! >^..^<

That is entirely up to you. It is possible to collect a theme without being a completist - you just collect the pins in that theme that you do like. After all, when it comes to your own collection, I believe that a 'good' pin is one that you like and a 'bad' pin is one you don't like - and why would you want a pin you don't like in your collection, even if it is part of a theme you collect?

What this would mean for you, essentially, is that even though Lion King is one of your collections, you only would collect Lion King pins that you like (and if you end up with a very small Lion King collection, so be it). It may be difficult to trade for the pins you want and you may have to be more patient than you would want to be, but when you finally get the pins you want, it'll be just all the more exciting when you finally do.

Remember, it's called pin collecting, not pin racing. There is no time limit in which to acquire these shiny pieces of metal and, more often that not, patience really is key. I think if you are going to give up a pin theme, it should be because you no longer are interested in collecting that particular theme (for any number of reasons), not because you are having a difficult time getting those pins - but again, it has to be your decision because you are the collector and your collection has to please you.

Why do you want to get pins you don't like? That's my biggest problem with themes. Collect what you want to collect! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back