• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Best Deal You Have Gotten on a Pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Best Deal You Have Gotten on a Pin?

talesoftobv

Instigator of Mass Hysteria
Rating - 99.2%
246   2   1
In contrast to the thread "What's the most you've spent on a pin?"

What is the best deal you have gotten on a pin, either through trade or by purchasing!

I won an auction for this Halloween mystery box on ebay for 11 bucks and it had the LE 50 Mickey in it!!! I was floored when nobody else bid on it!
pin65555

Love that pin! But I don't collect princess pins :( ....yet! LOL

I can't say i've had an amazing deal/trade yet. I did however purchase a Haunted Mansion mystery box and got:

Pin 65944: The Haunted Mansion® - Mystery Pin Collection (Chip and Dale Duellers Only)

It was the only pin from the set I wanted and I got it in my first box :)

When I worked at Disneyland in 2004, once in awhile the company would sell grab bags to cast members with 10 pins in it for $10 (and one of the ten pins would be an LE Cast Exclusive). I pretty much got my start off those bags...

Man, tough one. As expected with the brother of Pin Karma, Pin Law of Averages, I've gotten some really great deals, and then taken for several rides. But this one always sticks out for me:

pin43099

I got it in a pin swap at a WDW PTN, in a completely blind game. It was very early on in my Jessica collecting days, too.

I bought two boxes of the Princess and Frog mystery set. I got the LE50 Facilier. Since I don't collect those, I was able to turn it around in a trade for several nice pins from my wants list.

pin78405

Pin 78405: DisneyStore.com - Americana Set - Dumbo Only

Maybe not the best deal, but 13 dollars for this pin! Aww, Dumbo! :)

I find the best deals are in the sales board of people looking for a quick sale of their pins or someone selling their collection. I just got 15 Jungle Cruise/Tiki/Adventureland pins for $50 dollars- amazing pins too! :)

Man, tough one. As expected with the brother of Pin Karma, Pin Law of Averages, I've gotten some really great deals, and then taken for several rides. But this one always sticks out for me:

pin43099

I got it in a pin swap at a WDW PTN, in a completely blind game. It was very early on in my Jessica collecting days, too.
Nice one, Nicole!

LOL! I used to be the QUEEN of deals. I have not bought any at a really great deal in about 2 years though so I guess my luck ran out.

I once bought a lot for $45...well, really the girl did not consider it a lot. She wanted to sell this pin...

pin52264

Then as a BONUS she was tossing in all of these pins...

pin49738
pin49742

pin40172
pin49654

pin55944

as well as 2-3 other small pins. Now, this was back in my first year of collecting and I honestly had no idea exactly HOW good of a deal it was, I just knew it was pretty good...lol I will always be in shock over that one. It was an amazing deal!! Geez, to find a deal like that now. :anxious:

Last edited:
Incredible deals everyone! Great thread and I love reading stories like this. :D

One that comes to my mind when I first saw this pin on ebay a while back:
View attachment 2597

Pin 34571: JDS - Christmas 2004 (Tinker Bell)

I want to say it sold for around 60-70 bucks. I've seen a few on ebay since, and always going for alot. There is even one person trying to get a BIN price of $350! But not too long ago, someone started one out at a low price and I ended up with it for 8 bucks! I guess it was one of those auctions that went under the radar and I lucked out and snagged it. I do remember that it ended around noon on a weekday, which I thought helped contribute to it not being noticed. Or remembered.

LOL! I used to be the QUEEN of deals. I have not bought any at a really great deal in about 2 years though so I guess my luck ran out.

I once bought a lot for $45...well, really the girl did not consider it a lot. She wanted to sell this pin...

pin52264

pin49738
pin49742

pin40172
pin49654

pin55944

as well as 2-3 other small pins. Now, this was back in my first year of collecting and I honestly had no idea exactly HOW good of a deal it was, I just knew it was pretty good...lol I will always be in shock over that one. It was an amazing deal!! Geez, to find a deal like that now. :anxious:

My brain just exploded at the sheer awesomeness of that deal...

pin52264

pin49738
pin49742

pin40172
pin49654

pin55944

Um...wow. I would definitely say that is the deal of the century!

I won this pin on eBay for $30 a couple of months ago:
pin16269

I got my orginal DSF grape soda pin in a trade for a haunted Mansion pin I got for like $12.00. I remember the days when Haunted Mansion pins were like gold :)

Cost and trade values aside, there were too many to name, as well as those who helped cobble the collection over the years. For all the folks who've proven that pin karma REALLY exists, thank you all for your help and love!!! Believe, folks, and pass it on to others who collect!

well
given to me. many
traded, the ap pins we just got off cast lanyards for trade
bought... hmm bought a few collections offa craigslist and some great Le stuff in them but the 90 we paid for 35 pins and the trading backpack was the best

My first ever trade got me this pin :)

pin44582

I'd just bought the ToT stitch lanyard set(mainly for the lanyard itself. And as I stopped into the shop just inside the park to purchase a hat(it was cold!) I saw this on the cast members lanyard.

I got this one for $25, not too bad
Pin 67737: WDI - NFFC 2009 - Madame Leota
pin67737.jpg

And this, which was a holy grail for $15!
Pin 58734: DSF - Fountain of Youth - Pirates of the Caribbean (Surprise Release)
pin58734.jpg

My best deal ever for me had to be this one.

I traded these two pins:
pin54816th72.jpegpin54817th72.jpeg

For this one:
pin65777.jpeg

It happened at the DLR Dateline Disney Event this past summer. So awesome! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back