• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Disney Music Game (Free to Play!) *small test game* Ended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crud - I was so proud of myself for figuring out that Elmer Bernstein was the composer for that scene in Ghostbusters, and he also did the "incidental music" for Peter Pan, and The Black Cauldron... Then I get back here to post my answer, only to find agentr beat me to the source!

So for those wondering about the hint....
The music in both Ghostbusters and The Black Cauldron were composed by Elmer Bernstein. Both movies were released close to each other, Ghostbusters in 1984 and The Black Cauldron the next year so he worked on them around the same time. Both make use of a rarely used theremin-like instrument called ondes-Martenot.
That was your music lesson for today.

Here's the scene the music clip was used in.

[video=youtube;mB0uJTMf1kQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB0uJTMf1kQ[/video]

Last edited:
Crud - I was so proud of myself for figuring out that Elmer Bernstein was the composer for that scene in Ghostbusters, and he also did the "incidental music" for Peter Pan, and The Black Cauldron... Then I get back here to post my answer, only to find agentr beat me to the source!

The Peter Pan "incidental music" was for the Broadway musical not the Disney film.

Yes, it was. Your rules say what film, short, ride, park, game, ... I thought you were getting sneaky!

And I thought the Martentot was a flute! What a maroon! If anyone doesn't know what a theremin looks like being played, google Disney theremin... It's like magic! :-D

Akaibara, I assume music major, with a minor in torturing helpless pin fanatics? :-D

This game ROCKS (no pun intended).

Last edited:
Akaibara, I assume music major, with a minor in torturing helpless pin fanatics? :-D

Ha ha ha, nope. Art major actually. I can't play music. Maybe one day I'll learn. I just really really enjoy film music (and video game music too). It inspires me. I wish I could paint everything I hear.

Next music clip will be really easy in comparison to the last one.
I'll put up the next one in a couple hours or so since the we spent so much time on the other one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back