• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: The Super Awesome Psychoticalyl Spectacular Gift Auction!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my Pixar Elinor Bear pin is worth half as many points as the Little John pin??? Looks like someone found a loophole to your system...

Also what if someone takes their name off the trading list and the pin becomes zero trading??? what happens then???

A perfect example are pins Bricklayer owns that he is the only one who has them...

Make that 2 trading the Sheriff of Nottingham pin. I have one to trade, I just hadn't remembered to put it on pinpics yet. Moe I'm totally envious of your Elinor bear pin!! Purdy!

I'll be placing another bid soonish!

First of all, I am going to make myself exceeding unpopular here, but, I am a bit offended that this sort of thing tends ot happen. Why would someone start complaining about a "loophole" in a game. This was a game started by Psycho Pixie to more or less zap someone with a gift. Then suddenly, it turns into a contest with grumbling and then someone adding our bid to there traders to decrease the trade ratio. Totally not a very nice thing to do, in my opinion. I spent quite a bit of time thinking what would be a good pin and also a fair pin to trade. I am so sorry, but, didn't really think that this would turn into a popularity contest with an us vs. them mentality. Needless to say, I am a bit saddened by the recent comments and actions, wondering how a trade ratio fluctuation to offset someone's point toal is a nice and fair thing to do. I will have no further comments about this situation.

Make that 2 trading the Sheriff of Nottingham pin. I have one to trade, I just hadn't remembered to put it on pinpics yet. Moe I'm totally envious of your Elinor bear pin!! Purdy!

I'll be placing another bid soonish!

The discussion thread about this auction said that the ratio is the ratio at time of bid, so I assume the addition of another trader wouldn't affect the points. (subject, obviously, to the rule that 0 traders is really 1 trader if you're offering the pin)

...and then someone adding our bid to there traders to decrease the trade ratio. Totally not a very nice thing to do, in my opinion.

First, that was a brilliant bid greg and debbie. The manipulation point came up in chat and pixie said points count at time of bid, so ppl cant pull that on you. you also need the pin in your traders to bid and cant have it in your wants so you cant manipulate it with your own account.

whoa whoa! everyone calm yourselves please.

OK!
Lets slow down right now... Hit the brakes everyone!

The decision was, and shall remain number of trade/wants at time of bid. Regardless of Echo adding it to her trades list afterwards. The points are correct. this pin is worth 552.5 points.

This person did not find a loophole, or cheat the system. They bid an LE 50. Which lets face it, that makes it a rare pin. More people want this pin than there are in existence. I have to say that's a darn good pin.

I am aware the point system is not perfect, you have only to sit in chat with me to read ALL the discussions we are having about it. It is practically the only thing that has been discussed in there with me the last 2 days. ((besides aliens and pyramids anyway)) The point system is here simply to ensure that the winning bid is not based on what I want for me, and to keep folks from saying I played favorites.

If i was to break with the rule of ratio at time of bid and accept Echo's trade listing, it would not be very fair to other who are bidding would it? If other people remove pins from their trade lists in order to increase the point value of their pins, or add to their trade list to decrease the competition points, that would be cheating the system, not finding a loophole.

Bid stands, I accept the 552.5 point bid.

points board:
gbdb4ever: 552.5
docfish: 165.54
Paragani: 90.35
Echoharmony: 89.16
sherry4pins: 72
Milky: 51.16
chipdale:50.8
#1mickeyfreak: 10.1

teddy ruxpin: 6.4

NOTE: as discussed previously, a pin with 0 trading but being bid is counted as 1 trading. you must willing to trade it if you are willing to bid it.

I am sorry I made that comment above, as I figuered this was to gather more pions to zap more people and my bid of 25 DSF pins would stand no chance next to a single pin...

I just think bidding pins like that defeats the original purpose of the auction and I will be backing out at this time, so there is no need to feel it is a popularity contest of any kind...

Good Luck to All Bidders...

Just curious... If Echo were to bid the same pin, would it be worth half the value as she would have to add her name to the traders list to bid it???

We will bid the following pin:

We figure 552.5 points (1 trading/65 wanting/LE50)

:bowdown:Wow what an awesome bid!!! You are playing by the rules and are always so generous!!! Don't take anything anybody else says personally, you rock!!!

You two are now and always will be class individuals.

For everybody else, the bar has been set really high, if you want to win, time to step up even bigger. Remember this whole auction is about giving!!!

I wish I could compete, but that bid blows me out of the water, even with my trump card I was holding on to.

Good luck to everybody! Please remember this is supposed to be fun!!!

I was not remotely worried about your comment Moe. i was more concerned with the other comments that seemed angry. The spirit of this auction is to give. The person who bid the sheriff obviously REALLY wants to give this awesome pin to someone specific. If I only end up with one pin to zap out to someone else, so be it. But, as Gis has pointed out to me several times... there are loads of pins out there that have point values in the 200+ range. just a couple of those and one bid is caught up.

I am incredibly, awesomely happy that you and your wife were willing to give this pin for the gift auction. This auction would not have been possible without the generosity of your family.

I was not remotely worried about your comment Moe. i was more concerned with the other comments that seemed angry. The spirit of this auction is to give. The person who bid the sheriff obviously REALLY wants to give this awesome pin to someone specific. If I only end up with one pin to zap out to someone else, so be it.

Yes, we thought about a special person that we would like to have been able to surprise with this wonderful pin. We did not understand your desire to receive many pins instead of just one pin. Please forgive our exuberance in bidding and hurt feelings from the discussion that ensued. If you would prefer, you may disregard our bid. It is your choice and we want you to be happy with what you receive and how many you can share with.

oh no, please do keep your bid in! Although if you end up winning i might re-auction it for a couple days. run a zap auction. whoever bids the nicest multiple pins by my preference would win. haha!

In the spirit of giving, we are adding the following pins to our initial bid of (65 wanting/1 trading/LE50 = 552.5):

(61 wanting/110 trading/LE2000 = 1.66) (41 wanting/12 trading/LE1000 = 13.66)

(55 wanting/13 trading/LE1000 = 16.92) (73 wanting/50 trading/LE500 = 7.3)

(45 wanting/ 12 trading/LE1000 = 15) (69 wanting/28 trading/LE1500 = 8.62)

(64 wanting/30 trading/LE1500 = 7.47) (49 wanting/60 trading/LE1500 = 2.85)

(53 wanting/10 trading/LE2000 = 15.9) (37 wanting/18 trading/LE200 = 14.38)

That should bring our total point count to 656.26. Should we end up winning, this would hopefully alleviate the need for another auction to acquire more pins for ZAPs.

You guys are incredible amazing and very generous! thank you! your points are also correct. :)

points board:
gbdb4ever: 656.26
docfish: 165.54
Paragani: 90.35
Echoharmony: 89.16
sherry4pins: 72
Milky: 51.16
chipdale:50.8
#1mickeyfreak: 10.1

teddy ruxpin: 6.4

I just wanted to say that I love the concept of this auction, although I'm not participating.

Good luck everyone! And kudos, Pixie, for thinking this up!

I hope the pin ends up gifted to somebody who really loves it. :)

Woah, woah, woah. The fact that you would assume that I'm being malicious or something by adding it to my trading list is really unfair and unjustified. Many people here can and will tell you that I do not have a malicious bone in my body. As I said in my reply, I simply had not remembered to add it to my trading list. Seeing it in your post made me remember that I have it, so I added it. I also don't know how the point system works, I'm not great with math and Psycho said that she will do the math herself, so I didn't go to that post to see how the points work. I didn't figure having two people trading a pin, as opposed to to one, would change its point value much.

I apologize that my actions were so grossly misinterpreted, but all you had to do was ASK me, instead of automatically assume that I was doing it to be 'mean' or 'unfair'. The fact that people are making accusations about me, talking about me behind my back and assuming the worst about me isn't nice. Again, I added it to my trade list because I had previously forgotten, NOT to decrease the point value of someone else's bid. I'm not mean, cunning, or manipulative like that.

I respectfully retract my bid and turn the attention back over to Psycho Pixie, and the giving spirit of this auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back