• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Weight loss challenge! (STARTS THIS SUNDAY!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weight loss challenge! (STARTS THIS SUNDAY!!!)

Pin Pal

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Update 2-24-13: Good news! The mods have approved our private forum. I am just waiting on instructions from Cicada on how to proceed :)

Rules

I will go into much greater detail on the rules, but here is enough information to decide if this is for you :)

Our target start date will be this Sunday (February 24[SUP]th[/SUP]), and the challenge will run a little over 3 Months until Sunday, May 26[SUP]th[/SUP].

Everyone that participates will need TWO pins. The first pin will go into the “main prize pool”, and needs to be something good. “Good” is subjective, so for the purpose of this challenge, will be defined as a pin with at least a 3:1 “wanting to trading” ratio on PinPics. The second pin can just be a decent trader, and these will go into a “consolation prize pool.” As a guide, try to shoot for a pin with around a 2:1 “wanting to trading” ratio on PinPics.

PRIZES:

Winners will be decided based on body weight percentage lost, not the actual number of pounds. This keeps everything relative and fair no matter how big or small you are.

1[SUP]st[/SUP], 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] place will be paid out from the “main prize pool” pins. 1[SUP]St[/SUP] place gets 50%, 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] place gets 30%, and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] place get 20%.

Example: Say we have 10 participants (It is looking like we will definitely have more)

1[SUP]st[/SUP] place: 5 Pins
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] place: 3 Pins
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Place: 2 Pins

Here is how the “consolation prize pool” of pins will be divided up:

1/4: Consolation prize for 4[SUP]th[/SUP] place
1/4: goes to the biggest female weight loss (from the women that did not place)
1/4: Goes to the best before and after picture, voted on by the group (You cannot vote for yourself, and it cannot be anyone that placed)
1/4: Someone will be chosen at random from the group of people that didn't win any other prize.

BONUS! I will personally contribute a 50 dollar “DPF gift card” to start, and another 50 dollar gift card for every 10 traders that participate :) Winners will be picked by a random drawing, and only people that didn't win anything else can qualify. (Winners of the “gift cards” have 30 days to pick any pin on DPF or eBay, and I will purchase it)

Even if you do not lose a lot of weight, you can still win prizes!

If you are interested, I need you to message me back ASAP. I will need to submit a list to Cicada for the private forum. Please spread the word and get other members to join us! Please freel free to message or text me (much quicker response) with any questions.

Martin
714-651-9526

Here is a list of everyone that is confirmed so far! (Please message me if I missed you)

Pin Pal
The_mad_stitcher
livin_free_asmy_hair
Romancing_Train
Supermannino
Cristywill
The Wise One
MovingtheStars
Talesoftobv
Jay222
Sorpandora
Jrdnsmom
Sin City Chip
Drb195
dalakersrnumba1
chickenlittle
Mahrii
Patrin
Morue
Mickeymousje
Cheshirecat
Vickichip7
caffinecupcake
closesttothepin
huertajv
torianne-2008
jules
caffeinatedwool
Luis75
Mali
Katpogo
Merryweather
Lwrn2

Who else wants to get healthier?!

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea to help people lose weight. I love nutrition, its a small passion of mine and I consider myself quite fit already so I wouldn't join but I know of a lot of things like this where friends wager things to help them lose weight, it really is a great idea ^_^

Dawny is in! i have gotten really chubby and lazy. I am running the 5k in jan but would like to do some other runs in NJ this summer.

I would do this! I started weight weathers in January and I'm down 8lbs. I'm doing couch to 5k and would love some pin motivation.

Yes and yes ! I was doing WW (which is good) but at long, you just loose motivation...
I don't think I'm doing a lot of mystakes... I'm eating like 5 fruits and vegetables a day, doing 3 hours of sport each week but it's sooooo long.
I'm 67 kilos today. I already lost like 10 kilos. In a wonderful magical world, 10 more would be great :D

I need to as well. I was the smallest I've ever been senior year of highschool (3 yrs ago). I'd love to get back to my prom dress to wear again.

I'm in! I've got a big summer ahead of me and I don't want to look like a whale next to my tall/thin/beautiful friend haha!!

-Charlie

Yes and yes ! I was doing WW (which is good) but at long, you just loose motivation...
I don't think I'm doing a lot of mystakes... I'm eating like 5 fruits and vegetables a day, doing 3 hours of sport each week but it's sooooo long.
I'm 67 kilos today. I already lost like 10 kilos. In a wonderful magical world, 10 more would be great :D

I know exactly how you feel! I do much better when there is accountability. I think we can all benefit greatly from a little competition :)

I tried to do this very thing. Getting people to put pins up was nearly impossible...and then I needed surgery that still has me on restrictions. It's interesting to see how so many people are now interested when I was trying around the new year. There *is* a group already formed here for a weight loss challenge....it was started with these very same intentions.

I tried to do this very thing. Getting people to put pins up was nearly impossible...and then I needed surgery that still has me on restrictions. It's interesting to see how so many people are now interested when I was trying around the new year. There *is* a group already formed here for a weight loss challenge....it was started with these very same intentions.

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes. I had no idea there was already group trying to do this. Let's try to keep this positive and collaborate to get as much participation as possible :)

Omg this is crazy fun lol!!! If I was asked this a couple months ago I would've taken up the offer to lose the baby weight lol! But think I will have to pass now....good luck guys though! Sounds like a hoot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back