• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Weight loss challenge! (STARTS THIS SUNDAY!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weight loss challenge! (STARTS THIS SUNDAY!!!)
May i suggest a feew things...go with this thread since the ball is rolling ad if somebody TORIANNE can fnid the old thread just go in it and post a notice to see this thread and if ya know how to attach a link to us-- do that (docfish knows how)

Next do it like the biggest looser.....everyone by a certain date say good ol March 1--has to have their starting weight in. A simple pic of you on the scale with the number. Anyone at this point who cheats is just cheating themselves cause the important thing is to get fit.

I say a starting "cost" such as a an Le of 1000 or less to participate that you post on our thread. (hold the pin aside at home) then if we all weigh in on say a sat/sunday, using the ame proceedure of a pic on the scale.....(id give 2 days due to people who work weekends or nights or are in europe) then somebody has to do the math and it aint me! lol to see percentages...then i was thinking every week if you were the smallest looser you have contribute a simple rack/oe/hm pin into the pot and post the pick ...(again hold the pin aside) we do this everyweek for 12 weeks.

So at the end of 12 weeks which is june 1st we will have all the LE entrance fee pins and 12 additional looser pins as the prize for the person who lost the largest percentage.!!! All the pins get shipped to the winner at your own expense within 5 days of the contest finale!

If it is a sucess and we want to continue just rinse and repeat. I think 12 weeks is a great goal time or we all start to slack off and loose interest.

everyone chime in and tweek. I was just thinkin..thats all.

May i suggest a feew things...go with this thread since the ball is rolling ad if somebody TORIANNE can fnid the old thread just go in it and post a notice to see this thread and if ya know how to attach a link to us-- do that (docfish knows how)

Next do it like the biggest looser.....everyone by a certain date say good ol March 1--has to have their starting weight in. A simple pic of you on the scale with the number. Anyone at this point who cheats is just cheating themselves cause the important thing is to get fit.

I say a starting "cost" such as a an Le of 1000 or less to participate that you post on our thread. (hold the pin aside at home) then if we all weigh in on say a sat/sunday, using the ame proceedure of a pic on the scale.....(id give 2 days due to people who work weekends or nights or are in europe) then somebody has to do the math and it aint me! lol to see percentages...then i was thinking every week if you were the smallest looser you have contribute a simple rack/oe/hm pin into the pot and post the pick ...(again hold the pin aside) we do this everyweek for 12 weeks.

So at the end of 12 weeks which is june 1st we will have all the LE entrance fee pins and 12 additional looser pins as the prize for the person who lost the largest percentage.!!! All the pins get shipped to the winner at your own expense within 5 days of the contest finale!

If it is a sucess and we want to continue just rinse and repeat. I think 12 weeks is a great goal time or we all start to slack off and loose interest.

everyone chime in and tweek. I was just thinkin..thats all.

I have all the rules written out, I am just waiting to hear back from the mods on getting a private group or thread going. We will all be posting not-so-flattering pictures, so I know people will be MUCH more comfortable if the group was only limited to fellow participants. That way, everyone is in the same boat :)

OK pin pal sounds like you have it covered!! I will keep checking for the rules and new page and follow directions on how to get there. im so computer un savvy. I say all this as i eat some chips and sour cream...OMG hurry up and save me now!

OK pin pal sounds like you have it covered!! I will keep checking for the rules and new page and follow directions on how to get there. im so computer un savvy. I say all this as i eat some chips and sour cream...OMG hurry up and save me now!

Hahaha! I'm worse than you! I was keeping up on this thread last night, as I had dinner with my girlfriend and her family. The prime rib I had looked like something out of the flintstones :p

NO WAY!!! oh man Martin (is it martin?) well this is a great idea thanks for getting us all motivated

I wish i saw your steak...:eek2:

Just wanted to say that when this does get off the ground, I'd love to be a part of it too. Maybe with this many people involved, I'll stay motivated this time around. :)

that's definitely the goal :) I will start PM'ing everyone that has responded to this thread. We will need a list if the admins approve a private section.

nice.. now any and all of u close to dlr will b ready to do the CHOC walk in Oct.

You crack me up and sound like me! Hubby is out of town, so the kid and I ordered pizza!

Sounds like fun, did I really just type that!?!
hubby and I are starting a 21 day juice cleanse this Thursday so count us in.
caffinecupcake and closesttothepin

Gotta say I am interested. Just joined the boards today, and I was planning on starting WW in 37 days, but think I can do this without them so I have more money and less weight for my September Disney trip.

Public Confession

Hi Fellow Participants ,
I was re-reading all the replies and thinking about the private forum we are being gifted by the Mods so that everyone feels comfortable in sharing such intimate information. I was just thinking that some people out there they may want to participate but even the private forum is too public.

So I want to be brave for myself and for any others that are on the fence about participating or that have signed up but may be feeling a flight response before this all kicks off on the 24th. So I decided I should share a bit of my/our story in the public forum and I hope this may help anyone that is on the fence about participation.

Our wedding was February 24th 2007 and yes the start date is our 6th Wedding Anniversary! In these last 5.11 years we have both allowed that wedded bless to manifest in one negative way: weight gain!

Recently two events occurred that provided us a GRAND reality check:

1. my husband was diagnosed with a liver disorder
  2. a photograph from a really fun event = VERY SAD FACE :sigh:

Event #1: In the last 3 months my husband went though a lot of doctors appointments and scary test results. In the end he was diagnosed with a liver disorder (not disease) that needs attention or it can become disease. The most effective and simple things he can do to reverse this disorder and keep it from becoming disease is to have better nutrition, lose weight & exercise. Sounds simple but these habits were not formed at one meal and will not be reversed in one meal. He has taken many great strides in the last month toward these goals and I am very proud of him. Now with an additional “carrot of pins and community” in front of him I expect he will spend the next three months being super motivated.

Event #2: Yuck the photograph! We spent our Thanksgiving vacation at DLR. Everything was perfect and we were having so much fun; that is until I took one look at an awful photograph (thank you immediate gratification from the iPhone camera) from a character Meet & Greet. We posed with Dug at DCA and I was super excited to see him. Six days before this meeting our 12 year old Labrador passed way and hugging Dug was the greatest therapy...UNTIL I saw the photograph. OMG who are these people and how did that happen to them?!? Oh wait that is us! Crap where are those fit people from our wedding photographs of just 5.8 years ago? I just saw them on the wall in our house. Did we eat them? The next restroom we came across I spent 5 minutes quietly crying in the bathroom stall for two reasons: Dug made me super sad because I missed my dog so much and the photograph made me super FREAKED OUT. Why? No! How? I just wanted to go home, my trip was ruined. AND until now I have not admitted this to anyone not my husband, not my doctor and just barely myself.

Event Outcomes: We have spent the last 4 months exercising and eating better but the progress is slow. We are not perfect and have many periods of inactivity and “excuse eating” but our mind set has shifted so much that our language and relationship about food, exercise and health is very present and active. We have participated in juice cleanses and will begin on the 24th working with a nutritionist so the timing of this challenge and our previous plans seem like it’s just meant to be. Our goals are to make healthy eating choices, obtain a healthy target weight and support each other in making these positive choices. With or without a weight loss challenge I see our life is changing but what I really like is the idea of a community of cheerleaders with common interests and goals. Good luck to everyone that has already signed up and I encourage those on the fence to sign up even if it is just to take a look at the photograph I referenced earlier because I am not posting that here! LOL! Maybe after this challenge I will change my DPF ID to DecaffinatedSugarFreeCupcake

XOXO
Liana

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back